What's new

Who needs to use top tier to place?

So .... I aint going to lie. im a little drunk, and thought it was funny to ask. who in the tournament community needs to use top tier characters to place, and naturally who doesn't? like I think Ya bOii @YOMI MITYEAP doesn't need need top tier to place, But WHO DOES?
You need to drink more, maybe then you'll answer the other half of your own question.

Outta the Yomi house I think Slayer needs top tier, Saltface doesn't.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
If people are going to say "X doesn't need top tier to place" they should name a time when that person has placed without top tier.

For example, obviously 16 Bit doesn't with all his Catwoman placings, or Wound with Shang.

Regarding MKX, clearly Milky Situation doesn't with his Reptile.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I think the reverse question might end up being more interesting, as in, who are the low tier heroes, or the character loyalists?

For example, 16bit somehow seems to constantly end up being a low tier hero. Slips, too. And Milky, of course.

Pig is definitely a loyalist. Kenshi was great in MK9. He's mediocre at best in MKX.

I don't really follow the tournament players to know like that, but I've seen some vids of pig of the hut whooping people with an underrated underused kenshi. One of the few that's great without using lao kitana or raiden.

Any top player can place top 8 with a bottom 10 character imo. It's just that when you play a low-low mid tier character you are going to miss some top 8's.