What's new

Who needs to use top tier to place?

Schuyler

Noob
Win or lose, top tier users are the world's biggest cowards.
What if they just like the charcters design and there personality. I planned on playing cassie before the game even dropped. And even if they are just using a character because there top tier it still takes lots of grinding and skill. Its rude and dumb to shit on someones wins because they used a certain character cause turns out it was 20 more kabals 20 more marshans or 20 more tanyas that couldn't hack it. So chill tf out with them being a " coward" just because they dont wanna play a shit character and want a chance at winning.

I like how once I STOPPED talking about Kitana, that's when everyone gangs up on me and reiterates what everyone says in the Kitana community. like seriously, my opinion still stands. You can brag about being a top five zoner all day long but at the end of the day, Kitana will NEVER be top tier. End of story. You want to talk about her to me anymore, take it over PM because I'm NOT responding publicly.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
top players can get around down 3 down down 3 into back 2. Reptile is low mid he does NO damage. For a bar you get around 30% for 2 bars your getting 35-37% hes low mid.
By your logic, Boneshaper Shinnok and Covert ops Sonya are also low mid tier characters, because both of them barely get damage past 30% in their BnBs.

Schuyler

Noob
So this will be one of those threads by which players people dont like, need top tier characters, and players we do like, dont need top tier.

It's been a myth for some time that "its not the character, its the player" and it is bullshit. Do you think Sonic Fox was going to win Injustice at Evo2014 with Joker (despite him saying he knew all this tech with him).

The reality it is that sometimes, it IS about the character. Some characters are really braindead or really powerful or both, and you put that character in the hands of a great player, well of course they are going to succeed!

Kabal is interesting because he is top tier but not easy to use. I think there's a reason that only REO, CD Jr or PL were doing well with him. Pocket kabals were attrocious. But those three players were not winning majors with Sheeva or Kano and there is a reason for that being they never would have.

The debate is it the character or player is about 50:50 in my opinion. Character loyalists will find a way to make their character work, due to the dedication put into said character. You could argue that Forever King is a better player than Jeremiah, but in a Sheeva mirror, Jeremiah is more likely to win a ft5, being far more familiar with the character. If Forever King played Pig in a Kenshi mirror, Pig would likely win. If the matches were random fighter select, then Forever King will probably beat Pig in a ft5.

Sonic Fox is a freak of nature and finds a very powerful tool in a characters set and abuses it without mercy. Clearly Kitana has improved a great deal since the patch, because she was used in the Grand Final against Foxy. He didnt use Kitana cause he felt like it, he recognised that Erron Black was struggling with one of KL's variations, and switched to an option he felt was going to give him the strongest chance of winning against that particular variation of KL.
Its mostly about the player...

I saw this tournament in injustice and the winner was an aquaman player who switched from superman after his patch. He said something about he wanted a good character that fit his play style. sonic fox wasn't doing as good as she was when he picked up sonya in mk9 or when he picked up batgirl. But how many kung laos entered evo ? A shit ton and how many made it to top 8? In the end the character does weigh some stuff into it but it comes down the the player.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
top players can get around down 3 down down 3 into back 2. Reptile is low mid he does NO damage. For a bar you get around 30% for 2 bars your getting 35-37% hes low mid.
So basically, Tanya is low mid or mid tier cause of her damage? Your logic makes me question how much you know about fighting games. No disrespect intended.

Schuyler

Noob
So basically, Tanya is low mid or mid tier cause of her damage? Your logic makes me question how much you know about fighting games. No disrespect intended.
Tanya has ways to make up for it though ( obviously) with great movement plus frames and fantastic pressure. She arguably still has the best mobility in the game.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
I like how once I STOPPED talking about Kitana, that's when everyone gangs up on me and reiterates what everyone says in the Kitana community. like seriously, my opinion still stands. You can brag about being a top five zoner all day long but at the end of the day, Kitana will NEVER be top tier. End of story. You want to talk about her to me anymore, take it over PM because I'm NOT responding publicly.
No one is arguing for her being top tier. You're just downplaying all her tools as if she is still pre-patch and a shitty character. What most people are trying to tell you is that she is a good character, and probably a high mid tier now. Also, you don't want to talk about it and then you go and post this?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/top-5-top-10-or-irrelevant-as-of-kombat-pack-1-conclusion.55186/page-5#post-1859356

Get over yourself.