What's new

Who is the worst character in the MK9?

Who is the worst character in MK9?

• Total voters

LEGEND

YES!
Sheeva has some really nice thing going for her but multiple "unwinnable" MUs automatically make her the worst

the only character that has 2-8s imo
-

Kano is definitely underrated and at least stays competitive in most of his MUs

Flagg

Noob
I still don't think there really has been someone that has truly unlocked what Sheeva can do. She has so much armour, so many damaging combos. Yeah I know there's a coupla players that use her, but I think she's grossly underrated.

Oh, Kano is the worst character in the game. It's not like he is terrible, just everyone else in that list has more tools than him.

EDIT: I know Slips can do amazing stuff, but what is Scorpion really beyond his gimmick 50/50?

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Have you played Espio ? He's Stryker might change your mind.
yeah i played him and he is really good, but thats pretty much all Espio and very little Stryker. anybody can be deadly in the right hands, doesnt change the fact that i think Strykers one of the worst characters in the game. not THE worst, but bottom 5 imo

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
I still don't think there really has been someone that has truly unlocked what Sheeva can do. She has so much armour, so many damaging combos. Yeah I know there's a coupla players that use her, but I think she's grossly underrated.

Oh, Kano is the worst character in the game. It's not like he is terrible, just everyone else in that list has more tools than him.

EDIT: I know Slips can do amazing stuff, but what is Scorpion really beyond his gimmick 50/50?
Her only impressive BnB starts from her low grab....which you won't land often against someone who knows the MU, otherwise it's 30% or less all day.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
yeah i played him and he is really good, but thats pretty much all Espio and very little Stryker. anybody can be deadly in the right hands, doesnt change the fact that i think Strykers one of the worst characters in the game. not THE worst, but bottom 5 imo
I see, putting it like that does change.

Bottom 5? Let me think...

Exactly. Yeah they can't full combo punish it, but every character can poke and get their pressure going because of Scoprion's shitty pokes. His D3 is UNUSEABLE(On hit is -7, so basically you give them another poke) his d1 is not good at all if blocked because it is -13(full combo punishable by some of the cast). After Takedown you pretty much have to poke or be poked, and then you have shit options.

MITDJT Im not saying unsafe as in full combo punishable, I am saying unsafe in that it puts Scorpion in a bad situation.
wtf loll????????????? ON hit -7 holy shit that's ridiculous

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
..and? If this wasn't done he'd pretty much have an auto-vortex and free hellfire. Think about that for a minute.
Sort of, yeah. Most D4s give +13, whereas hellfire has 22 frame startup, F4 is 17, and B2 is 18.

As a Scorpion main, I don't think he needs a regular D4 because his D4 isn't the problem. I think he deserves advantage on hellfire, though. At least +5, and especially on EX hellfire. And there's no reason for D3 to be -7 on hit either.

Learn and adapt, though. :coffee:

Espio

Kokomo
Have you played Espio ? He's Stryker might change your mind.

I'd say Sheeva followed by Kano. They both have tools they can abuse, but where they fall; they fall hard.

Well thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. I wasn't expecting this lol.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
heres my bottom 5, with 1) being the worst
1) Sheeva
2) Kano
3) Baraka
4) Stryker
5) Jade
However, combined with a player who possesses the skills to utilize them, each character has enough tools to whoop some arse

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Kano has armor on ex straight ball actually, the input just makes it hard to work with.
I don't have enough experience with it but my understanding is that it doesn't have startup armor or something on it.... I was asking Brady a while ago what he thinks of playing Kano without saving meter for xray and he said the armor sucks.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
CSZ doesn't really suck....but his bad matchups are popular characters ;_;

...well that might make him bad actually....

...hmmmmm....

Well let's say he sucks so people can give me props instead of the character :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Sort of, yeah. Most D4s give +13, whereas hellfire has 22 frame startup, F4 is 17, and B2 is 18.

As a Scorpion main, I don't think he needs a regular D4 because his D4 isn't the problem. I think he deserves advantage on hellfire, though. At least +5, and especially on EX hellfire. And there's no reason for D3 to be -7 on hit either.

Learn and adapt, though. :coffee:
Indeed. D3 had to of fell through the net somehow. It's still viable as long as it's used sparingly and responsibly though imo. Hellfire should be at least +1 just for priority, but I reiterate he's solid as long he's used responsibly.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Scorpion the worst in the game? Have we not heard of slips?!
Slips makes Scorpion look a whole lot better than he actually is, as a matter of fact isn't Slips either dropping Scorpion or picking up another character? Hes not the worst character in the game don't get me wrong but hes in the bottom tier.