What's new

Who is the worst character in the MK9?

Who is the worst character in MK9?

• Total voters
Sheeva is the worst by far, really no arguing that imo.

Scorpion is bad. Bottom 3 probably, his pokes just kill him.
Scorpion's pokes hold him back from being a top character, but certainly don't bring him down to the worst. Kano has regular pokes but he cant do shit with them.

damagedone13

Keep Music Evil
Kano is really easy for me to play against.Haven't really met any good players using him.Sindel is only good in good hands,most people use it in the worst possible way,spitting orbs all the time.I personally like Baraka,not that he could win a tournament or anything,i just like him.Against not high profile players he could be a beast.Nightwolf definitely is not the worst.Noob is Noob,deadly in a weird,hidden way.The one i really hate is Kabal,though :),maan,that gas mask idiot,,,

imagine if 1 was 9 frames grrrrrrrr :'D
It still wouldn't do much for his neutral game. It would only affect his AA game. He would still need to have advantage on his d3 and d4 to stop players from neutral crouching. His f3 would be a better buff.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
My bottom 5 would honestly go like this, 1 being worst

1. Sheeva
2. Kano
From here on viable
3.Cyber Sub
4. Jade
From here a little more viable
5. Scorpion/Baraka/Stryker/Noob

MITDJT I am actually saying Scorpion is viable in the right hands, just that he is right inside or right outside the bottom 5. I think the list becomes very muddled around the bottom 5th-8th characters, because each have certain strengths and certain strong weaknesses that make them bottom tier but useable. I dont think Kano and Sheeva are viable, BEENEEWEENEES and GGA Jeremiah are just amazing players imo.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Everyone stop complaining about your character being just an option. I just put of the characters that I thought that would get at least 1 vote and I was right. This game has a small cast of 31 and your character being in the bottom 10 isn't a big deal. If you are going to argue that your character shouldn't even be an option (which they all should, because they all have at least 1 vote) at least just argue a character that should but an optino instead of yours. There are no bad characters in this game. No matter what 10 characters have to fall in the bottom ten even if they're are very good. Just look at all the characters listed. Baraka- beast pressure and safe ex blade charge and a reset CSZ- A rush down character with a combo starting projectile, a divekick, bombs, and a teleport. Jade- Really good ex boomerang traps and ex glow where nothing can touch her. Kano- above average zoning, almost safe upball, and beast xray. Noob- Very good zoner, with one of the best corner games and one of the best special moves upknee which beats pokes and leaves him at +4. Scorpion- High midscreen damage, garenteed hellfires on some projectiles, and of course the vortex. Sheeva- Tons of armor, lunge leaves her at +12 which you can lock your opponent standing into, an unduckable very good projectile, and du mix ups. Sindel- One of the best zoners in the game with still above average damage, and levitate cancels which leave her at advantage after a lot of strings. Stryker- safe long range armor, gun to beat out armor, and tons of uses for gun cancels. Nightwolf- I'm pretty sure that someone somehow added this to the list, because I didn't list him, but high no meter damage, ex lightning traps, wall carry combos, and f312 mixups. So put on your big boy shorts and stop complaining about your character being bottom 10, its nbd it doesn't matter who you play they still have plenty of tools. Unless you are playing Kuh-bawl that character is complete garbage.

My bottom 5 would honestly go like this, 1 being worst

1. Sheeva
2. Kano
From here on viable
3.Cyber Sub
4. Jade
From here a little more viable
5. Scorpion/Baraka/Stryker/Noob

MITDJT I am actually saying Scorpion is viable in the right hands, just that he is right inside or right outside the bottom 5. I think the list becomes very muddled around the bottom 5th-8th characters, because each have certain strengths and certain strong weaknesses that make them bottom tier but useable. I dont think Kano and Sheeva are viable, BEENEEWEENEES and GGA Jeremiah are just amazing players imo.
yeah I can agree that in the right hands that any character can be good, so I can agree with that.

Saint

Noob
It still wouldn't do much for his neutral game. It would only affect his AA game. He would still need to have advantage on his d3 and d4 to stop players from neutral crouching. His f3 would be a better buff.
It would boost his pressure game tremendously, neutral crouching isn't the safest option

That was more of a dreamy thing though. I've always said that f3 would boost his neutral game tons, he has the single slowest advancing overhead that I can think of

Ironheart

I'd have to say sheeva is worst in game. She just seems so slow and that really holds her back. And maybe i'm just too use to playing and seeing extremely good scorpion and noob players, because i have no idea what makes those 2 candidates for worst in game. Shoutout to Redraptor10 for having 1 of the best Scorpion's I have ever fought online and Grolarbears for having one of the craziest Noob Saibots period. Really gonna have to play you again soon Grolar to learn the noob MU better.

It would boost his pressure game tremendously, neutral crouching isn't the safest option

That was more of a dreamy thing though. I've always said that f3 would boost his neutral game tons, he has the single slowest advancing overhead that I can think of
If a move can be neutral crouched it can just as easily be uppercutted or poked out of. A good example is KL. His best pressure starters are high, so he has to depend more on is advantage on his pokes.

Saint

Noob
If a move can be neutral crouched it can just as easily be uppercutted or poked out of. A good example is KL. His best pressure starters are high, so he has to depend more on is advantage on his pokes.
Ahhh gotcha! Man his d1 and d3 never made any sense, that would be a good fix, along with f3 things would be looking pretty good

yeah i played him and he is really good, but thats pretty much all Espio and very little Stryker. anybody can be deadly in the right hands, doesnt change the fact that i think Strykers one of the worst characters in the game. not THE worst, but bottom 5 imo
This.
I've been working on my secret pocket character account for only a couple days (and online but YOU find regular events in CT...but anyway) and I'm still a good couple hundred matches from being combo king but you can win matches against seasoned opponents based solely on good fundamentals and mind games. I'm not saying Stryker is worst in game, I'm just saying any character in the right players hands can be a force that ain't to be fucked with.
#FindDeadHorse #BeatIt

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Scorpion's not deserving on this list, but his poking game is ass and gives him problems where other characters don't have this issue.

He's not great, but he's not the worst in the game.

Kano is way worse than Sheeva. Kano may not have the awful frame data Scorpion has, but his pokes have no range and are slow. Sheeva suffers from this as well, but she also has things like consistent armor, solid meter building after JIPs, an AA that can be more consistent simply because it's upper-body invincible, among other things.

Scorpion's not deserving on this list, but his poking game is ass and gives him problems where other characters don't have this issue.

He's not great, but he's not the worst in the game.
This is what I have been trying to say to ppl, he isn't great as a character, but he is no where near the worst.