What's new

Who is the worst character in the MK9?

Who is the worst character in MK9?

• Total voters

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Tier lists in MK9 are huge discussion topics. Lets start at the basics. Who is the very worst character in the game? The characters that are choices are not necessarily bad at all. And don't be offended if your main is listed. There are no really bad characters in this game. These are just in my opinion the worst 9 characters in the game, but they are all are good. Make sure that you vote above.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
I say Sheeva, followed closely by Stryker and Kano. I really don't think Jade is bad enough to be considered the worst in the game

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I say Sheeva, followed closely by Stryker and Kano. I really don't think Jade is bad enough to be considered the worst in the game
Have you played Espio ? He's Stryker might change your mind.

I'd say Sheeva followed by Kano. They both have tools they can abuse, but where they fall; they fall hard.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I fully believe Sheeva is better than Kano. Most people only know Sheevas who teleport all day and think it's OP. She really has some good tools.

Why does she beat Kano though?

1 word: Armor

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I fully believe Sheeva is better than Kano. Most people only know Sheevas who teleport all day and think it's OP. She really has some good tools.

X-Ray would like a word with you

Kano and Sheeva both suck though lol

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I believe you should take out Scorpion from that list.
Do you realize just how bad scorpion is? His only decent poke d1 leaves him at plus one on hit and negative 1 if they're crouching. So scorpion can't get out of pressure as even after he pokes out he can only beat out his opponents next move with another d1. Which can easily be blocked and punished. His ex spear half the time will go straight through is opponent. And his ex leg sweep is not very good as it is not fast armor and leaves him way negative. The vortex isn't very good as a guess right is 20% and another guess, but a guess wrong is way more than 20% with most of the cast. All of his fast mixups aren't safe and ex teleport is d1 into combo punish by the whole cast.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal

Kano has armor on ex straight ball actually, the input just makes it hard to work with.

Either way though, Kano is the worst in the game bar none. His only potential good matchup is against Sheeva and I personally feel it's even. All of his matchups are even at best and he fails horribly against Johnny Cage, Sonya, Kenshi, and Kabal.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I can tell you all who it isn't: no way is it Stryker. His inclose pressure may suffer from so many high normals, but he has awesome footsies that haven't been showcased yet, and while he isn't the best zoner, you'd be a fool to dismiss gun cancel mixups.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Idk who is WORST, but I do think Stryker has way too many useful tools to be the worst. Also, I doubt Sheeva is either after seeing GGA Jeremiah wreck shop with her. I'm going to experiment with Kano shortly since I always had a knack for making "shitty low-tier Kanos" more useful than they appeared (MKA anyone). They said he was shit-tier in MKA (and Kira in MKD), but I owned most of the 57 member cast with him...lol....and so did Duke.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Baraka, Jade, Stryker, Noob, and Sindel all feel mid tier to me. Sheeva, CSZ, Scorpion, and Kano are the only true "bad" characters for me.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Sorry ppl, but NO way scorpion is bad, Sindel definitely not bad lol.
Pokes and footsies are a huge part of the metagame now. Scorpion's pokes and footsies are ass. Vortex cannot excuse all of his other flaws.

Sindel is mid tier though, she should be no where near this poll.