What's new

Question - Grandmaster Who is the best Sub?

Who is the grandest of all grandmasters?

• Lord Brady

Votes: 155 43.5%
  • Madzin

Votes: 201 56.5%

• Total voters

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Brady> all subs right now... Madzin is great at scramble situation but Brady's sub is an Art.. If this was boxing Brady will be Floyd Mayweather and Madzin will be Pacquiao...
If by art you mean finally using tech and optimizations people have been trying to teach him since week 2 then sure. Master Madzin for me.

If by art you mean finally using tech and optimizations people have been trying to teach him since week 2 then sure. Master Madzin for me.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Your combos are way to inconsistent for tournament play. B2, B2, D1, D1, B12~Clone and all your other combos on crouching female characters as a BnB are just not consistent enough to rely on when it matters.

What I do is optimized and made to be 100% consistent. I'll take B2, 11~Ice Ball any day over your stuff on crouching female characters. I'll only go for the bigger damage if im willing to spend the bar. Off of a clone shatter there is no better consistent combo to do on females than the one I do unless you spend a bar. Finally using the tech? Yes.. I am finally armor breaking Goro and other various tech. Wait, where did that come from again? I doubt you have even seen me play SZ at all in the last few weeks but still continue on with your expert analysis.

But people like you have been crushing me for god knows how long and its the main reason why I'd rather die then talk about SZ on these forums. The only reason why my SZ wasnt playing at the level it is currently was because of the crap netcode. Finally I have ppl to play and PRESTO!! Progress...

Last edited:
Tom wouldn't lose a gm mirror against anyone
Before the new netcode and my recent significant progress, I probably would have. However not only have I improved A LOT, the mu has also changed from MKX to MKXL which makes it more of my style of a match.

I also want to point out that this thread was made after NEC. In no way was I any any shape to be considered a better SZ than Madzin at that time. Even though I was the highest placing SZ at NEC with Madzin using mostly Kotal, it was a moot point. I simply was not an elite SZ at that time and he was most certainly better.

and to anyone who is wondering:
Being a better SZ than Madzin is not my purpose, my purpose is to get better every day and win. Madzin and Foxy will always be my brothers and I owe a huge thanks to Foxy for my recent improvements.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
how are you STILL salty about this? "trying to teach him since week 2" lol shatter combos werent even optimized for standard play let alone tournaments till the second month of the game. Why do you even care which combos he used? Clearly he made the right decision as hes made a shitload more impact on MKX than any of the posters in the sub zero forums, maybe its you who should be trying to learn something from him

Matix218

Get over here!
Before the new netcode and my recent significant progress, I probably would have. However not only have I improved A LOT, the mu has also changed from MKX to MKXL which makes it more of my style of a match.

I also want to point out that this thread was made after NEC. In no way was I any any shape to be considered a better SZ than Madzin at that time. Even though I was the highest placing SZ at NEC with Madzin using mostly Kotal, it was a moot point. I simply was not an elite SZ at that time and he was most certainly better.

and to anyone who is wondering:
Being a better SZ than Madzin is not my purpose, my purpose is to get better every day and win. Madzin and Foxy will always be my brothers and I owe a huge thanks to Foxy for my recent improvements.
Good post. This is the attitude that you should try to keep going forward with. I don't know why people are obsessed with crowning someone the best with a given character. The more good players using a character the better, you can learn small aspects of their game and add it to yours and they can do the same and inevitably the whole community of people who use that character will be better because of it. Sub zero players need to unite and level up together instead of arguing over if Madzin or Tom is the best Sub.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Tom Brady is synonymous with Sub. Madzin is a really fucking talented MKXL player who uses Sub in some MU's. Tom Brady is a loyalist of the highest order and is the greatest Sub of all time to me. FREE. That 5-0 against DJT in MK9 was glorious. Commentary too trill.

greedface

Beat SonicFox in a first to 100 and I have proof.
Tom Brady. While people have been giving Tom tips on how to improve his gameplay, he has not even had ANYONE to play. So your advices are all trash. If you have been watching his stream lately you can see the MASSIVE improvements he has made since the earlier builds of the game. That's because he's finally getting actual games in. Though Tom has yet to produce results, there has certainly been an improvement worthy of notice. All that remains to be seen is how much he actually can improve