What's new

Question - Grandmaster Who is the best Sub?

Who is the grandest of all grandmasters?

• Lord Brady

Votes: 155 43.5%
  • Madzin

Votes: 201 56.5%

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
There probably isn't more of a 5-5 in this game than Tempest vs Grandmaster.

Things like B2 and J2 getting through the klone is just unrealistic theory fighting.

Tempest's spin doesn't move through the klone. He basically has to make a read on whether Sub is going in or not. His teleport only works consistently on Sub Zero's who don't know what they're doing.

Tempest can't punish EX DB1. Sub Zero has trouble breaking Cyclone. Other than that, it's pretty difficult for each character to escape the other's pressure.

And to the whole point of "Lao is the best, so that throws it off", irrelevant point. That's just a strong opinion. As @YOMI FOREVER KING has stated, Lao might end up not being top 3 when the meta fully develops. An opinion on the character's tier placement should not shift the opinion of a specific match up, even if it may be correct. We should just look at how the character's do vs each other.

I mean even if Lao is top 1, he definitely doesn't beat Kitana. How does he go 5-5 with a mid tier, or high mid tier character?

Edit: Just in case someone only reads the last little part and thinks that i'm saying Lao is mid tier(I think he's #1 or #2), my point is that when looking at a certain match up, it's irrelevant how well a character does vs the entire cast.

Last edited:

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Inspired by postings in the 2015 character champions thread.
This is a very common question, perhaps we should finally conclude it (for now)

Lets vote.
Brady has a Defensive Sub, Madzin has a more rushdown Sub ... since this game favors rushdown. I choose Madzin

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr
Honestly, without a doubt Madzin...Tom unfortunately doesn't even come close

After watching Madzin vs Biohazard at KIT I don't see how you can say he's the best Sub. Madzin is a great player but his problem with Subzero is he tries to play Subzero's neutral game anywhere on the screen, Brady plays Subzero the way he's meant to be played, just constantly pushing for the corner game. Madzin does too much YOLO shit for example he EX slides too much or b12xxclone regularly on block. I'm a Madzin fan, I think he's a great player but I think he should either stick to Blood God and Tremor or change his style of playing Sub-Zero to Brady-corner style.

I'm nowhere near a top player in this game, but I'll say a couple things about a MKX sub zero situation. A lot of things bothers me here, first of all we have way better sub than we had in MK9, but we also have way worse players. In MK9 brady and DJT had great subzero's, I prefered DJT and I still think he was the best subzero player that I ever seen playing this character. Brady was great also, but the problem with brady is that he uses the most bnbish bnb's of all time, he just plays a bit too conservative all the time. I get it he wants to be safe at all times and don't get me wrong, this is the best way of playing fighters indeed, but still sometimes you gotta take at least some risk to be succesful, TB takes zero, especially in MKX. On top of that he also drops those really easy bnb's way too much. At KIT I seen him drop 242 on frozen opponent at least 5 times. Why this happened is beyond my wildest imagination, my execution is pretty bad, but things like that don't happen to me that often. Most of the time he doesn't even do the JIP after freeze to get a bit more dmg, I wouldn't say if that was a hard thing to do but for christ sake, do that damn JIP and get that couple % more Lord Brady. I don't know bout yall, but little things like that are just unaceptable for a competitive player imo.

Madzin on the other had has some problems with execution also, his execution is much worse than DJT's imo. But at least he does maximize the dmg mostly, he's not afraid to do let's say 123 after launcher instead of brady's wacky F42xxslide. It's only couple %%, but those are all pretty basic bnb's, not doing them is a disgrace for a competitve player. But as others have said before me, Madzin plays sub the way he's not meant to be played, perhaps cryomancer would suit his playstyle better. (To this day I'm still very sad nobody plays cryo even though I'm certain he's solid character, especially after most recent patch). Madzin is a way too yolo player who also lacks some execution to put him as the best sub in MKX. No offense to Madzin, but you're no MK9 DJT, it's not even close. I'd say his blood God is way better by just looking him play, but I don't play BG so I can't really comment on that to full extent.

So yeah MKX sub situation is pretty bad, no offense to anyone again, but I think we have zero great subzeros atm. I'm certain that this character has a lot of unused potential. If a trully top player would play sub, let's say someone like sonic, djt or wound cowboy, I think we would see much better subs than we have now. Plus why noone uses cryo is still the biggest riddle for me. He might not be top tier, but he's still very usefull in most matchups if you ask me. Very easy to use, very solid dmg, jump in 50 50 which both lead into around 40% dmg with sub's great JI2, this would be a perfect character for Madzin yolo playstyle.

But nah man, we have a much better character, but way worse players now. No offense to anyone, but I just had to say this as a subby main cause this situation has been a big mistery for me for quite some time now, I'm actually sad I can't learn cryo which is my main from top players, all I see is cassie, shinnok, kl, tanya, sonya. FOH

perout

Noob
Brady> all subs right now... Madzin is great at scramble situation but Brady's sub is an Art.. If this was boxing Brady will be Floyd Mayweather and Madzin will be Pacquiao...

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Brady> all subs right now... Madzin is great at scramble situation but Brady's sub is an Art.. If this was boxing Brady will be Floyd Mayweather and Madzin will be Pacquiao...
Been seeing Brady's Sub on Reo's stream lately. While he has quite a good Sub, I'd still say Madzin takes the cake, if only because he is far more unpredictable and willing to take risks that often pay off for him (X-ray parried by X-ray hype).

Last edited: