What's new

Who is on whose side... so far?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I am going to pretend that you basically just said you don't want Raven in this game.
But she probably would be on Superman's side anyway, since nobody with superpowers is on Batman's.
She doesn't have to choose a side..

She's badass "I don't give a fuck" Raven!

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I'm starting to think that when you beat the game with Joker he'll be revealed to actually be Clayface, in his greatest role to date.

Flash seems to be torn between the two sides. Didn't the same happen with Aquaman? It's the vast majority of Batman's anyway.
Aquaman was just about to lay down for the Regime, that's why he was welcoming Flash and Shazam. Obviously the terms of the treaty were not to his liking("This is complete subjugation!) which makes him decide to side against the Regime. And I don't want Raven with the Regime because that'd mean having to take her down.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
There's evidence to support that Catwoman is on Supes side, Nightwing is on Supes side, Grundy is on Bats side, Cyborg is on Bats side.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
There's evidence to support that Catwoman is on Supes side, Nightwing is on Supes side, Grundy is on Bats side, Cyborg is on Bats side.
Really? I had a sneaking suspicion because of the Bloodwing Alt. that I might have picked the wrong side for Nightwing. Do you have a source by any chance because that sounds quite interesting?

Also in other news I was re-watching one of the trailers because some guy with a blog was going on about how he hates the new Joker voice (hey, we can't all be Hamill right?) and I definitely understand about The Flash switching sides as in the trailer he says "This isn't what we signed up for, I let myself believe we were making things better, but we're not."

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
It's just from hints and clues and such: Nightwing is on Superman's side of the Injustice comic (the first, and I think main, cover) and he fights with Green Arrow in the story trailer and we know Arrow is with Bruce. There will be side switching but at one point Nightwing may be with Superman, even if it's undercover or something.

>> I << will be on Supermans side, since in this game he is acting like a man with his powers and his responsibility should act. And then you have Batman there, a ************ who doesn't get anything and basically wants villains to run around freely, so that he could feel needed to have something to get over his daddy and mommy issues, so he tries to stop Superman from doing the right thing.

I SO HOPE that there will be the possibility to actually KILL Batman in the game for some kind of an "evil" ending, even though that would be the purest ending of them all IMO.

Irockz

I am Michael J. Caboose and I HATE BABIES!
I know we decided Luthor vs Raven meant she was on the Regime's side, but just rememebr we've also agreed Luthor leaves the Rebellion for his own faction, so perhaps that could just be after that? After all, she IS standing on the same side as nightwing and the only other person with Luthor is Bane, another person agreed to be leaving the Rebellion.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
>> I << will be on Supermans side, since in this game he is acting like a man with his powers and his responsibility should act. And then you have Batman there, a ************ who doesn't get anything and basically wants villains to run around freely, so that he could feel needed to have something to get over his daddy and mommy issues, so he tries to stop Superman from doing the right thing.

I SO HOPE that there will be the possibility to actually KILL Batman in the game for some kind of an "evil" ending, even though that would be the purest ending of them all IMO.
Gee Killzone, your sentiments almost echo those of a certain DC character in regards to Batman, if only I could remember who...

Red... Arrow? No that doesn't sound right... Red... Tornado? No...

I'm so close I can taste it!

Also sorry about the multiple thread things. I'm guessing this list might be less meta vs. non-metas than I originally thought. More speculation on the list to follow after today's announcement(s)!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I know we decided Luthor vs Raven meant she was on the Regime's side, but just rememebr we've also agreed Luthor leaves the Rebellion for his own faction, so perhaps that could just be after that? After all, she IS standing on the same side as nightwing and the only other person with Luthor is Bane, another person agreed to be leaving the Rebellion.
Is this in the comic or did I miss it from somewhere in here? (the picture you're talking about)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
No, they're referring to the single screenshot of evidence we have that Raven is in the game.

Which, incidentally, I think takes place BEFORE things go to shit. Before the Regime.

I was just about to say, there's probably a nice chunk of time before we start getting into the heavy stuff where it's just "good guy vs. bad guy".

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I was just about to say, there's probably a nice chunk of time before we start getting into the heavy stuff where it's just "good guy vs. bad guy".
I'm pretty sure you right, because on one of the trailers (The Line I think) we see Batman putting a zappy baterang on Luthor, while he harrates that "at first we thought it was good etc."

Whether or not we'll go so far as the beginning of the tie-in comic remains to be seen, it's important to the backstory but would they really include it all?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Gee Killzone, your sentiments almost echo those of a certain DC character in regards to Batman, if only I could remember who...

Red... Arrow? No that doesn't sound right... Red... Tornado? No...

I'm so close I can taste it!

Also sorry about the multiple thread things. I'm guessing this list might be less meta vs. non-metas than I originally thought. More speculation on the list to follow after today's announcement(s)!
Hey man, can't blame him. I stopped thinking Superman was cool around my tenth birthday but I never stopped thinking Batman was a tool.

Not to mention the socio-political implications of that whole universe are so twisted and intolerable. Being a total bastard with a criminal pathology is okay as long as you have immense wealth to go with your Freudian excuse.

There. Just summed up 73 years of Batman in one sentence. Sure, it's the exact way the real world works but it's still not a good hero make.

Well, he is my favorite DC character after all =P He is Batman done right.
Superman done right is the Sentry who is my all time favorite character.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper

All of this is fucking truth, Batman is such a pussy.