What's new

Who is on whose side... so far?

Well, my problem with people ragging on Batman's "no killing" policy is that...he shouldn't. It's the same with Superman. They are NOT the law. Do they do good public service by dragging these criminals back to prison? Yes. But they shouldn't be judge, jury, and executioner. Granted, Batman DID kill in the early comics and the Joker was supposed to die after his first appearance, but Joker became popular and Batman got castrated and shackled with the Boy Wonder. But again, Batman, Superman, and the others shouldn't appoint themselves the law, and that's what Superman is doing in this game. Do I blame him? Hell no. I'd be upset too. Do I hate Red Hood for trying to do what Batman won't? Again, the answer is no. I understand and sympathize. Especially in regards to the Joker. However, legally speaking, unless and until it can be proven beyond any doubt that the Joker is NOT INSANE, he will continue to be sequestered in Arkham Asylum. That's the hard part. Batman's rogue's gallery are all batshit crazy. Or at least for the most part. What I find amusing is how often Superman stops Lex Luthor, yet Luthor's still rich, powerful, and living it up. In many ways, I find Metropolis's justice system to be even more broken than Gotham's. Luthor's actions have led people to their deaths, yet he hasn't been put on death row? And it's obvious he doesn't suffer from the many psychoses that the Joker does. But he gets a free pass every time. Joker, Two-Face, Mad Hatter? They get thrown back into Arkham. While Lex goes around free.

At least Wonder Woman will cut someone's head off when she's had enough.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
Superman:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash (though he may defect)
Catwoman (assumption)
Nightwing (assumption)

Batman:

Batman
Cyborg
Lex Luthor
Harley Quinn (assumption)
Green Lantern (assumption)
Grundy (assumption)
Captain Cold/Freeze (assumption)

I can explain all my assumptions if need be.
i'm sure hal is gonna be on clark's side considering he rocks with the sinestro corps in injustice, i believe nightwing still rocks with batman but if damian wayne does make the roster he'll most likely work with superman.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
Robin seems to be on Superman's side in the comics. Which is odd.
not really weird since damian wayne is also apart of the league of assassin's and is trained to kill most likely he'll fight with superman because he prefers order by any means necessary.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Well, my problem with people ragging on Batman's "no killing" policy is that...he shouldn't. It's the same with Superman. They are NOT the law. Do they do good public service by dragging these criminals back to prison? Yes. But they shouldn't be judge, jury, and executioner.
Yeah, appointing yourself judge, jury and executioner is bullshit. Just appointing yourself judge and jury is fine though.

As far as Superman goes though, if you're immune to bullets and can shoot fire lasers from your eyes, yeah... You're pretty much the law, actually.

However, legally speaking, unless and until it can be proven beyond any doubt that the Joker is NOT INSANE, he will continue to be sequestered in Arkham Asylum.
This has always bothered me. The Joker recognizes what the social norms are, and pretty methodically explains why he ignores them. This is the definition of "not insane." You're only insane if you don't know any better. Insane by the way, is a purely legal term. Doesn't show up in medical text, period.

What I find amusing is how often Superman stops Lex Luthor, yet Luthor's still rich, powerful, and living it up.
That's the most realistic thing in any superhero comic ever. I can't remember the last time a rich and powerful person had to answer for a crime. At least not when they're as white as Lex Luthor.

At least Wonder Woman will cut someone's head off when she's had enough.
Prone to acts of extreme violence once a month.

This has always bothered me. The Joker recognizes what the social norms are, and pretty methodically explains why he ignores them. This is the definition of "not insane." You're only insane if you don't know any better. Insane by the way, is a purely legal term. Doesn't show up in medical text, period.
Everyone seems to praise Batmans moral codes, but they fail to realize is that he too lets the Joker live (in some instances he even saved the Joker) and by doing that, he makes sure that more people will die by the hand of the Joker.
How is that possible? Well, by such a large amount of stupid plotholes to a point, where Batman comics become a bad joke.

It's still stupid that everyone in Gotham rather lets him alive, than killing him and therefore saving thousands of others. And that doesn't only apply for Batman, but for other Gotham City villains, policemen and even regular people who have an agenda against the Joker. Everyone can carry a gun and pull the trigger in the right moment and the moments are there, when it comes to the Joker, who is - in the end of the still a regular human, who would die.
Even the Red Hood who has the ultimate reason to kill him - somehow doesn't manage to do so (plotholes) and the only person who ever got the chance to actually kill the Joker (Nightwing) gets fucked over by ... the god damn Batman, who revives his husband the Joker (shoutouts to Reedoms) shortly after.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
I don't think it is as simple as Batman vs Superman. I say three sides:

Superman:
Flash (initially)
Green Lantern (switches sides)
Wonder Woman
Damian (as said on the comic description)
Shazam
Hawkgirl

Batman:
Nightwing
Harley
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Flash (switches sides)
Green Lantern (initially)

Luthor (with Batman at first but betray him):
Bane
Catwoman
Deathstroke
Joker (secret ally)

Wildcard:
Ares (or could be with Luthor)
Solomon Grundy (not so sure about this. could be with Batman or Luthor as well)

I am sure 99 percent Luthor is behind it all
A few things you forgot, Catwoman is on Batman's side (remember the love triangle). Ares probably won't be playable, but the influence in Lex's decisions to aid the Joker and get him killed and resurrected again by Ares & Circe (they are Gods after all). As a fighting game I really don't think another Robin/Nighwing character will be included, simply because it would be almost the same skill sets as Batman or Nightwing. You forgot Gorilla Grod I'd say on Lex's side. I'm also sure that the death of The Flash will have a turning point in the story, sense they decided to use the Barry Allen version of Flash. I think that Grundy would be on Lex's side sense all he ever wants in gold and Lex is a rich boy, so it would make sense for him to be able to promise Grundy things he really can't deliver like his soul back if Lex is being influenced by Ares. At some point I expect to see Brainiac's involvement as well. If they follow the current story arch in DC New 52s then Wonder Woman will eventually fall in love with Superman and replace Lois Lane. It seems to me that the whole point was for the villains to drive a wedge in-between the Justice League and make them rivals so the bad guys could take over (typical story plot in super hero comics). I guess we'll just have to see. Just remember I called it :)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I agree with the Catwoman thing although is it really a love triangle if it's just Batman and Catwoman? I thought some magazine mentioned Ares being playable, that and they need a WW villain. There was a bit with Lex speaking at the beginning of a trailer along the lines of "I can see the headlines now, Clown sets off bomb" suggesting he masterminded Lois' death. Lex, Joker and Grodd all forming a villains society to protect each other now that their lives are at stake could be an idea.

I think Flash is going to sort of be like Raiden in MK9, while you play as everyone it sort of revolves around Flash as the axis, like the story is from his point of view or whatever.

I know what you mean about them pushing the WW & SM relationship but I don't think it will happen in the game. The whole reason Superman is going beserk is over Lois' death. I think they are together because Superman's new attitude is aligned with how Wonder Woman has felt, that mankind can't really look after itself. She's always been more of a warrior, more inclined to kill, see: Max Lord, Kingdom Come.

Interesting about it all being a ploy by the villains, except I don't really think they benefit... well... the Joker certainly didn't. Although a new theory for how the Joker is alive comes from one of the trailers where Superman is narrating and he says "you (batman?) betrayed me, he (Joker?) took her (Lois?) from me". So maybe Batman saved The Joker somehow? It would make sense sort of, Batman consciously refuses to kill Joker on multiple occasions so perhaps he would go so far as to save him?

Batman consciously refuses to kill Joker on multiple occasions so perhaps he would go so far as to save him?
He already did in the comics, after Nightwing killed the Joker, so everything is possible :-7 Especially after seeing...

... Superman ripping a hole through Jokers chest.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Interesting about it all being a ploy by the villains, except I don't really think they benefit... well... the Joker certainly didn't. Although a new theory for how the Joker is alive comes from one of the trailers where Superman is narrating and he says "you (batman?) betrayed me, he (Joker?) took her (Lois?) from me". So maybe Batman saved The Joker somehow? It would make sense sort of, Batman consciously refuses to kill Joker on multiple occasions so perhaps he would go so far as to save him?
If you've read the Injustice Comic that quote was as Batman was talking to the Joker right before Superman kills him. As far as the whole Wonder Woman thing go they might not go as far as Superman and her having a fling, but sense it took time for Sups to for the Regime it could have happened (in theory).

If you've read the Injustice Comic that quote was as Barman was talking to the Joker right before Superman kills him. As far as the whole Wonder Woman thing go they might not go as far as Superman and her having a fling, but sense it took time for Sups to for the Regime it could have happened (in theory).
Always felt Diana would be a better choice for Clark. I still have no idea how he didn't rip Lois apart.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Don't know about Sinestro, but seeing as Hal Jordan goes yellow lantern later it's possibly they are together, or against each other because Sinestro gets angry he stole his schtick.

Hawkgirl is probably on Superman's side, another badass warrior with old world views, I can see her siding with Wonder Woman/Superman on this.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Superman is ruling Earth like Sinestro was ruling Korugar, he's probably with Superman. This also gives hope to "not based on Earth" villains if Sinestro is in.

So, now that we know Sinestro is in, who can we expect also to be in? And the plot to be like, we already saw Hal in the Yellow Lantern suit.

Thoughts?

Reedoms

Noob
So, now that we know Sinestro is in, who can we expect also to be in? And the plot to be like, we already saw Hal in the Yellow Lantern suit.

Thoughts?
Well, tyrannical upheaval is sorta Sinestro's schtick so I can assume he might help Superman. Hal might get his shit slapped and decides that having a yellow ring would help even the odds a bit more.