What's new

Who is on whose side... so far?

From what i can tell flash starts as part of the regime but realizes it's wrong, same with aquaman and maybe GL.
in the end these are my predictions:

Regime:
Superman
Wonderwoman
Shazam
Cyborg
Bane
Nightwing
Sinestro (or mind controlled hal, not sure yet)
Hawkgirl/woman

Rebellion:
Batman
Luthor
Flash
Green Lantern
Harley quinn
Aquaman
Green Arrow (there's no way he'd ever join the regime. if NRS can come up with a convincing reason why he would then OK, but it's really not in his character)
Cat Woman

Neither/Chaotic:
Joker
Deathstroke (to whoever pays more)
THE MAIN MAN (Lobo)
Grundy

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Nightwing fights Green Arrow in the story trailer and we know Arrow is with Bruce from the start. Unless this is some Jax/Cage thing or unless he attacked Arrow for being in his territory then Nightwing is on the Regime's side.
we also know Nightwing is with Bruce from the start so idk how to explain that fight

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
yeah Shazam is part of Supermans regime, so is Hawkgirl and Nightwing is on Batmans side
I agree with Compbros How is nightwing on batmans side we clearly we batman walking with greenarrow in the story trailer then later greenarrow is fighting nighwing idk abiut tht looks like nightwing is with the regime.

Belial

Noob
You forget that joker is dead by the time he gets a chance to join anybody.

As for sides it is safe to say the leader of "Regime" is superman. Wheather Batman is allied with a number of villains is uncertain.

Superman side:
Green Lantern, Hawkgirl and unknown flying character (maybe Shazam), as shown in the recent trailer where 4 of them fly side by side
Wonder woman as seen on numerous occasions assisting Superman's regime.
Flash and Shazam trying to persuade Aquaman to join Superman side.

Batman side:
Aquaman you can see
as tides of aquaman minions clash with superman's army
Harley Quinn (naturally after superman kills joker she will never join him)

The rest seems purely speculative, as seeing some characters together does not mean they are allies.
So far I'll take a shot and guess that Cyborg and Lex Luthor seem to be on Batman side.

Overall it seems story isnt that simple and a lot of characters will switch sides by the time dust settles.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
"Batman has two allies: Damian and Dick Grayson. One is with him, while the other has joined Superman’s cause." - from the comic

Why? Selena has nothing to gain from that. i think she's either with bruce or she's chaotic/neutral. though i'll entertain your thoughts on the issue
Answering both with the same thing: The first cover, and I believe the main cover, for the Injustice comic.

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2013/01/14/injustice-cover-1v3crop-1jpg-56cb91_560w.jpg

Bat people on the right, Supe people on the left. Now, I believe there will be flip-flopping in this story but I don't believe Nightwing is with Bruce from the beginning or he switches sides near the end.

Fred Marvel

Answering both with the same thing: The first cover, and I believe the main cover, for the Injustice comic.

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2013/01/14/injustice-cover-1v3crop-1jpg-56cb91_560w.jpg

Bat people on the right, Supe people on the left. Now, I believe there will be flip-flopping in this story but I don't believe Nightwing is with Bruce from the beginning or he switches sides near the end.
Bat people on the right?? who grundy? and i dont think Cyborg is with Batman, Harley is also on the left and we know she isnt with Supes
Nightwing is with batman lol why wouldnt he be?

doesnt answer why she would join or why she isnt neutral or chaotic. maybe she just has a grudge against harley or maybe that's just how they wanted to draw the comic cover, lol. i dont think that's enough to justify saying that she's probably part of the regime.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Bat people on the right?? who grundy? and i dont think Cyborg is with Batman, Harley is also on the left and we know she isnt with Supes
Nightwing is with batman lol why wouldnt he be?
Harley is on the right, look again. She's on the left side of the page but on the right side of the fight.

doesnt answer why she would join or why she isnt neutral or chaotic. maybe she just has a grudge against harley or maybe that's just how they wanted to draw the comic cover, lol. i dont think that's enough to justify saying that she's probably part of the regime.
I have no clue, why would Shazam join Superman when he's even more of a boyscout? I'm simply going by what I see. If it's just a grudge against Harley then they could've put Green Lantern on the cover over Catwoman or replace both. Why would they be on a cover that's clearly a "choose your side" type thing?

Fred Marvel

Harley is on the right, look again. She's on the left side of the page but on the right side of the fight.

oh i see what youre getting at but comic #5 stated that Grayson is his ally and shows Damian on Supes side with Nightwing with him and Green Arrow, maybe him or Arrow switches down the line but it seems pretty clear they both start team bats

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
oh i see what youre getting at but comic #5 stated that Grayson is his ally and shows Damian on Supes side with Nightwing with him and Green Arrow, maybe him or Arrow switches down the line but it seems pretty clear they both start team bats
Not really, it just shows that Nightwing is with Bats at that time. This is clearly like midway through the story as Flash is having doubts, anything could've happened before.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
There seems to be to clear sides in this game, Superman and other meta-humans with godlike power (hence the title) who decide to they have tired of the injustice in the world and figure they can rule it better, vs Batman and his group of people who aren't so keen on humanity being ruled. Some spoilers for the tie-in comic follow.

Superman/Metas:
  • Wonder Woman - seems to be with SM in the trailers.
  • Green Lantern - seen standing with the others, eventually becomes evil/feared as he is seen later as a yellow lantern.
  • Shazam - acts as emissary for SM in Aquaman trailer.
Batman/Non-metas:
  • Green Arrow? - in the comic tie-in he hides Harley from Superman to save her life.
  • Lex Luthor? - would make sense, always believed that Superman is an evil alien.
  • Harley Quinn - trailer suggests that she is taking orders from Batman. This new world isn't safe for villains.
  • Deathstroke - seen fighting Wonder Woman... bit tenuous I guess, but as with Harley under SM's rule no villain's life is protected
  • Aquaman - seems to not be on either side at first, stays out of it until Superman tries to make him sign up. Seen joining up with Batman in his reveal trailer.
  • Nightwing? - no evidence but I sort of assume that he would.
  • Catwoman? - same as Nigthwing.
Netural/Changes sides:
  • The Flash - Starts off with Superman, switches to Batman.
Others:
  • Joker - while he is in the game/story line he is killed by Superman in the comic, is it a different Joker? There is no way Superman would let him live, but I can't really seen him teaming up with Batman, unless it's someone taking up the Joker mantle to mess with Superman.
  • Solomon Grundy - I can't really imagine him caring, I mean he's not totally mindless but I doubt he would take sides.
  • Doomsday - I doubt he's on Batman's side, but he will definitely be anti-Superman.
  • Bane - I reckon he's with Batman, there's no evidence of this in the trailers, but as a criminal his best bet for survival lies with Batman. Also his alternate costume looks more like he has been locked up (full mask, orange trousers like Killer Croc in Arkham, broken handcuffs) maybe this has some significance?
Anyone got any other ideas or disagrees? Will update as more information becomes available and more characters are announced.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Okay this is weird, because I've seen people mention Robin in the comic a few times but I've never seen him once, and I'm pretty sure I haven't missed anything?

Reedoms

Noob
Pretty hypocritical of GA to be on Batman's side even though he used to murder the shit out of people all the time in the 80's/90's.

Pretty hypocritical of GA to be on Batman's side even though he used to murder the shit out of people all the time in the 80's/90's.
Sort of like Batsy in his earliest comics, but let's not get into that. While on one hand it could seem odd that Robin would side against Batman and Nightwing, this is Damian we're talking about. He was raised by Talia. Not exactly a stable environment for creating a stable individual.

That said...if Robin IS in the game, I'm all for it, that costume he has in that comic cover is awesome.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Sort of like Batsy in his earliest comics, but let's not get into that. While on one hand it could seem odd that Robin would side against Batman and Nightwing, this is Damian we're talking about. He was raised by Talia. Not exactly a stable environment for creating a stable individual.

That said...if Robin IS in the game, I'm all for it, that costume he has in that comic cover is awesome.
He better share a slot with Nightwing...

I don't think it is as simple as Batman vs Superman. I say three sides:

Superman:
Flash (initially)
Green Lantern (switches sides)
Wonder Woman
Damian (as said on the comic description)
Shazam
Hawkgirl

Batman:
Nightwing
Harley
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Flash (switches sides)
Green Lantern (initially)

Luthor (with Batman at first but betray him):
Bane
Catwoman
Deathstroke
Joker (secret ally)

Wildcard:
Ares (or could be with Luthor)
Solomon Grundy (not so sure about this. could be with Batman or Luthor as well)

I am sure 99 percent Luthor is behind it all

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hmm yeah a third side could make more sense. Also the more characters that get added the more complicated this going to get. As for that Robin teaser, do you know what's it's from? it looks like an upcoming cover I guess but the art style seems quite different. I can see what you mean maybe about Flash changing sides as it seems hinted at in that cover. It makes sense though if it's Damian Wayne as Robin as he has killed in the past and it would make sense for him to come down on the kill the villains side of things.