What's new

Which character would "realistically" win a fighting tournament in "real life"?

Nice try, but Doomsday has adapted mid-fight on numerous occasions. Not to mention no one has even power to scratch Doomsday here. Maybe simultaneously they have a few more seconds against DD before they all die.
I didn't say he can't adapt lol. Either way, dude still couldn't lay a finger on The Flash. He could knock the dude to hell and back 10,000 times before DD could even muster the fact that he has to fight him.

We all need to decide if we are using current continuity of the dc cast or past reincarnations. If past then silver age superman sneezes or farts everyone away. New 52 doomsday makes his debut this september so we will have to wait for him.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I didn't say he can't adapt lol. Either way, dude still couldn't lay a finger on The Flash. He could knock the dude to hell and back 10,000 times before DD could even muster the fact that he has to fight him.
You said he has to die in order to adapt. Which is false.
Sorry but Doomsday has already beaten Flash and entire JLA in 1 panel.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Nice try, but Doomsday has adapted mid-fight on numerous occasions. Not to mention no one has even power to scratch Doomsday here. Maybe simultaneously they have a few more seconds against DD before they all die.

Talking out of your ass.

---------

Anyway. I'm still not convinced of DD. Has there been an instance where DD could actually take the JL with their heightened powers?

Also we should be talking about tools in battle not "oh well the writers wrote he kicked their ass once or twice so that's the way it should always be."

I don't follow that logic because flash shouldn't be touched by anything DD does, already discrediting that source as a legitimate argument.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Talking out of your ass.

---------

Anyway. I'm still not convinced of DD. Has there been an instance where DD could actually take the JL with their heightened powers?

Also we should be talking about tools in battle not "oh well the writers wrote he kicked their ass once or twice so that's the way it should always be."

I don't follow that logic because flash shouldn't be touched by anything DD does, already discrediting that source as a legitimate argument.
Typical "theory fighting" scrub. I've got facts, you've got whining. Stay free.

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Just to state for the record again:There is no such thing as IMP (infinite Mass Punch). In Supermans 10,000 showings he has NEVER used it. Don't use Youtube things as sources (even though they can be cool), stick to canon sources, it gives clear parameters to what the characters can and can't do.

Sometimes they mess up things badly and start bizarre myths on the net like Mjolnir (Thor's hammer) weighing a million tons when it weighs around 42 pounds. As cool as it might before it to weigh that much, it simply isn't the case. canon feats - again - give everyone an equal playing ground of whats usable and what fits for equal discussion across the board.

And again...

Black Adam for the win :)

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Typical "theory fighting" scrub. I've got facts, you've got whining. Stay free.

Are you dumb or dumb? Read the thread title, IT IS THEORY FIGHTING. This entire thread is about theory fighting.

Not showing a comic strip of flash falling over and calling it a doomsday win.

And the only reason I even chose your post was because everything you've posted in this thread all add the same thing to this thread; nothing.

You don't even understand what this thread is about.
Free as ever?

Oh and LMAO @ you using the word facts LMFAO

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Are you dumb or dumb? Read the thread title, IT IS THEORY FIGHTING. This entire thread is about theory fighting.

And the only reason I even chose your post was because everything you've posted in this thread all add the same thing to this thread; nothing.

Free as ever?

Way to ignore the other part where all of them lying beaten.
But that is a typical fraud response from someone who can't do anything rather than whining when they're proven wrong.
That being said

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Good luck adapting after you've had all your limbs cut from you and your head lays on the ground in front of you, nay?

Unless he gets some sort of resistance to magic in 30 seconds, he's a very headless Doomsday. "Realistically" speaking, although that'd make a very boring and short fight.

Lol yeah, the word "tournament" seemed to slip past them lol. And in fighting tournaments, it's generally single elimination. GG doomsday lol.

Also, isn't WW basically god status? Wasn't she forged from clay or something by Athena or some shit?
WW is basically the best overall package, and in the new 52 she is the daughter of Zeus, and gifted all kinds or ridiculous overpowered abilities by various gods, and ridiculous weapons by the gods.

Way to ignore the other part where all of them lying beaten.
But that is a typical fraud response from someone who can't do anything rather than whining when they're proven wrong.
That being said
WW has also defeated the entire JLA too, and?

Free as ever?

Yeah thats what it is, "theory fighting", we take what we know about the characters and their powers and abilities and figure out from where who would "realistically" win. Cant always take hero vs hero fights seriously, or hero vs villain fights, as most often they are done with huge amounts of shit writing and plot induced stupidity. Like Batman beating the hulk by kicking him, or Superman forgetting his superspeed when fighting the hulk, or THOR forgetting to use his magic, or Flash all of a sudden not being as fast as we know he is, etc.

We all need to decide if we are using current continuity of the dc cast or past reincarnations. If past then silver age superman sneezes or farts everyone away. New 52 doomsday makes his debut this september so we will have to wait for him.
New 52, and if nothing from there is found, I guess last 10 years as a general rule. But you can still draw from older sources as long as stuff hasnt been changed since then, just for the overall gist of a character I guess?

But mostly from now.

Thats the thing with DC, always rebooting. THOR is THOR from now and 40 years ago. Superman changes every 5 years.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
So new 52 where everyone is Superman means nobody loses and its an 15 way tie for 1st GGs Well Played Gratz everyone
Not really, Flash is depowered. GL cant stand up to WW. His constructs loses to Superman head on too in like JL #1. Flash gets tagged by Superman.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
Theory fighting is fun since you could take any one of these godly characters and make a compelling argument that they could be the #1 fighter out of the Injustice cast. By making such arguments, we educate other posters on the character(s) of our choosing, while in turn become educated by other posters' arguments.

With that being said, we can ignore PIS and WIS, but we definitely can't ignore CIS. Some characters don't go full-on bloodlust since that would break the confines of their character. Thor wouldn't use magic against Hulk or Hercules because his pride persuades him to brawl against brawlers (only bringing this up since it was mentioned). Pre-52 Wonder Woman wouldn't go into every fight wielding her electron-cutting sword since she's a pacifist by nature. Superman would never, ever go all out with the exceptions of Darkseid, Doomsday, and Mongul because he lives in constant fear of losing control of his powers. Flash (Wally West) would never turn himself into a Speed Force god because he's too laid back to do so.

I can go on and on about what DC characters could potentially do as opposed to what they would actually do. If we're going to argue over who's going to win a tournament, we can't hypothesize a scenario in which heroes would go straight for the kill. It's fun to speculate what could happen if morals were off, but we should try to at least keep ourselves in check.

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Nah, its not so much Thor forgets. He holds back against mortals - it's well documented. His biggest problem is sometimes he is used as a jobber to make the read say "OMG! Look Thor was defeated so this guy must be super duper tough!". But who doesn't fall victim to PiS time to time?

Anyway:

"T'was a gradual thing. In Asgard, I have mostly struggled 'gainst Gods. On Midgard we have mostly met human menaces. To avoid murder of these men and avoid humbling my friends I came to act less of what I am."

"In past encounters mayhaps I hesitated loosing my full against thee!"

"O'er the year I have battled so many mortals that I hesitate to strike with all my force for fear of killing them"

On and on and on.

Then you have instances where, when it wasn't time to mess about he defeated Gladiator in short order saying "I can no longer hold back!", the utter humiliation of iron Man when he was pissed off, handling Hulk with ease when there was no time to mess around. Yes, certainly Thor's personality gets in the way but its born of the aforementioned reasons above.

But again, back on topic Black Adam wins :p

Flagg

Noob
These threads get so personal!

Everyone needs to stop with the whole speed blitz and being thrown into the sun. If all fights were like that then the comics would boring.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Theory fighting is fun since you could take any one of these godly characters and make a compelling argument that they could be the #1 fighter out of the Injustice cast. By making such arguments, we educate other posters on the character(s) of our choosing, while in turn become educated by other posters' arguments.

With that being said, we can ignore PIS and WIS, but we definitely can't ignore CIS. Some characters don't go full-on bloodlust since that would break the confines of their character. Thor wouldn't use magic against Hulk or Hercules because his pride persuades him to brawl against brawlers (only bringing this up since it was mentioned). Pre-52 Wonder Woman wouldn't go into every fight wielding her electron-cutting sword since she's a pacifist by nature. Superman would never, ever go all out with the exceptions of Darkseid, Doomsday, and Mongul because he lives in constant fear of losing control of his powers. Flash (Wally West) would never turn himself into a Speed Force god because he's too laid back to do so.

I can go on and on about what DC characters could potentially do as opposed to what they would actually do. If we're going to argue over who's going to win a tournament, we can't hypothesize a scenario in which heroes would go straight for the kill. It's fun to speculate what could happen if morals were off, but we should try to at least keep ourselves in check.

You know what? I whole heartedly agree. Although in a lot of comics, for some reason WW is always the snapping and choking or killing someone.

Although I know the true WW fights for greater good!

My eyes WW and Supes would toe to toe if we go off the legends of each character. Supes was made to be able to push himself to defeat any opponent, no matter the odds; and that's not even considering a blood lust.

WW was made to embody the same principle as him being the Champion and Princess of the Amazons. WW was created to be a female Superman with a different background and skill set that includes a face for the women.

The things we have seen the big 3 (supes, bats, wowo) accomplish prove that in writing, those three will always find a way to defeat their opponent (even if it means the death of themselves). This is why they are the worlds greatest heroes.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
He will adapt... after he loses the fight, after his head was chopped off and sent into the sun. I agree.

Magic ignores someones strength and durability. This is why Superman cuts his thumb by just touching it.

Flash is kinda broken lol.
I dont think you have read my text. DD's healing factor and his adapting abilities after he "dies" from something are two entirely different things. Superman has cut him once with a pretty badass sword and he regenerated instantly. Plus no one, ever, except Superman, has managed to even hurt DD psychically in any way. You give WW way too much credit. I am speaking with facts here and you are always bring up the subject of "she has magic and she will kick his ass". Superman is known to be weak vs magic. DD is not. I ll say it again. Magic alone cant save WW from DD. If that was the case Shazam and BA could face him head on as well and that wont happen, like ever. Also i really dont understand how you measure "victory" here. You cut off DD's ability to adapt to whatever has killed him, but then you proceed to say, "if WW is prepared with her magical weapons she can beat DD". Thats unfair if you ask me. True victory means that you defeated your opponent. For good. With DD that wont happen, like ever, except if he faces DC's big guns. Point being, if you count DD's adapting ability after his "death", none in the entire IGAU (if we are still talking about IGAU characters alone) roster has the means to face DD. As i said before, this is the reason he was toned down.

Guess we ll just have to wait for New 52 DD.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I dont think you have read my text. DD's healing factor and his adapting abilities after he "dies" from something are two entirely different things. Superman has cut him once with a pretty badass sword and he regenerated instantly. Plus no one, ever, except Superman, has managed to even hurt DD psychically in any way. You give WW way too much credit. I am speaking with facts here and you are always bring up the subject of "she has magic and she will kick his ass". Superman is known to be weak vs magic. DD is not. I ll say it again. Magic alone cant save WW from DD. If that was the case Shazam and BA could face him head on as well and that wont happen, like ever. Also i really dont understand how you measure "victory" here. You cut off DD's ability to adapt to whatever has killed him, but then you proceed to say, "if WW is prepared with her magical weapons she can beat DD". Thats unfair if you ask me. True victory means that you defeated your opponent. For good. With DD that wont happen, like ever, except if he faces DC's big guns. Point being, if you count DD's adapting ability after his "death", none in the entire IGAU (if we are still talking about IGAU characters alone) roster has the means to face DD. As i said before, this is the reason he was toned down.

Guess we ll just have to wait for New 52 DD.
otan milai o qwark k lei oti ine gaidaros....

Reedoms

Noob
Just to state for the record again:There is no such thing as IMP (infinite Mass Punch). In Supermans 10,000 showings he has NEVER used it. Don't use Youtube things as sources (even though they can be cool), stick to canon sources, it gives clear parameters to what the characters can and can't do.
Morrison's JLA (90's). White Martian Invasion. Flash does it to Zum and knocks him the fuck out. Flash Fact.
Early 2000's JLA had Superman do something similar to blow up a moon.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Without the pills? Superman, Doomsday and Lobo would dominate the entire tournament with Wonder Woman coming in third or fourth.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Superman would obviously win. He can pull planets around and crush supernovas in his hand, I don't think any other character in Injustice would stand a chance lol. He can lift over 1,000,000,000,000 pounds. Technically if he punches somebody in the face as hard as he could with all that power, they would die instantly

Right under Supes tho I would put Flash, Black Adam, and Doomsday
Doomsday definitely stands a chance against Superman and so does Lobo. I would say Wonder Woman but she is a bit below their level in my opinion. She'll still wreck the tournament along with them, though.