What's new

General/Other - Smoke Where there is ROBOT SMOKE, There is Fire! - PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
there is plenty there to develop some good shit.. Shift, SB, TELE, Restand, Invis, Smokable normals, He looks fun... im excited to find tools in lab, and here all of yours :)

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
smoke BF 3 (smoke shape shift) using stamina don't make much sense at all. an Dash / Move what the actual fuck ????
Well the way I think about it is doing it after strings. Think of it like a back dash after strings. I did that a lot in mk9 and it was very effective!

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Yea you could potentially cancel unsafe or negative blockstrings into the smoke away move to not have to go on the defensive , kinda like a hit confirm option select

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I really hope his oh and low starters both combo into smoke bomb and at least one of them is easily hit confirm able so you can smoke away/forward on block

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Something I noticed watching the bo smoke gameplay , looks like smokes specials scale really hard , I don't think he's gonna be a very high damage character

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Something else I'm noticing that looks promising is the fact that he has a ranged low starter and extended njp , which means if you spearxxexinvis u should be able to step back out of d1/d3 range and work your 50/50 from there

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Something I noticed watching the bo smoke gameplay , looks like smokes specials scale really hard , I don't think he's gonna be a very high damage character
You can say the same after watching kung Lao stream reveal. Just remember Derek isn't a pro at combos but he did a great job of showing him off. His breakdown at esl was fine with me but wasn't enough for most ppl but true artists such as myself can put 2 and 2 together and see what he's capable of.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Yea well wat got me thinking that is the fact that Derek's dropped combos were doing 20 something in damage , but the one or two time he finished one it wasn't much more , but yea u are right

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
You also gotta remember he was doing standing jab into spear for his combo after EX Teleports. Thats not going to do a lot of damage. Up to us to find better more damaging options.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Honestly smoke seems like he'll have a few mid 20% combos that then go into restands. And off a bad guess those become 40-50% combos meterless or 1-bar

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So I was rewatching the XL trailer and the Cyrax variation did a combo that looked like it went low, low, overhead that was special canccelable.. It looked like a normal string and might be really good for Smoke

boba_buster

Noob saibot
So it looks like exinvis last 6 seconds , so looks like we won't be able to go invis after every spear , so he's gonna need two resets to the vortex , so probly gonna be something like combo>spear>invis>50/50 reset>combo>spear> standing normal with high hit advantage that doesn't knockdown(reset) >50/50>combo>spear>invis etc.
what does everyone think?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
So it looks like exinvis last 6 seconds , so looks like we won't be able to go invis after every spear , so he's gonna need two resets to the vortex , so probly gonna be something like combo>spear>invis>50/50 reset>combo>spear> standing normal with high hit advantage that doesn't knockdown(reset) >50/50>combo>spear>invis etc.
what does everyone think?

Still too early. We have no idea of frame data.

We have no idea if smoke will have a strong vortex either. Personally I hope not, I just want him to be a neutral monster that can end combos standing and still get good oki.

Status
Not open for further replies.