What's new

General/Other - Smoke Where there is ROBOT SMOKE, There is Fire! - PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
That would be cool, but it seems very unlikely. He already has plenty of special moves. Plus, Spear will be much more useful than Shake. You can just Teleport to punish projectiles, instead of Shake, while Spear will give him resets he never had before. What I want to know is if he still has his air Teleport and if his Invis functions like Reptile's. If EN Invis has armor? Damn...

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Does anyone recall if his MK9 like teleport was just a string (like F22) instead of command (DB2)?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
they switch Shake for Spear , not a wise choice at first sight
Eh I don't know, the shake was good but this spear was a classic move for Cyber smoke plus it's going to give him a lot of restands and probably resets willing to bet. The smokey elude I could have done without, that move imo is useless with the run in this game and now limited via stamina meter.

they switch Shake for Spear , not a wise choice at first sight
The trident is too important to robotic smoke, they gotta just take the story mode skin which looked epic af, muffle the metal out of his sound effects and swap trident for shake on his alternate human smoke which is accessed just like it was in umk3 by selecting robo and doing the code.

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
The trident is too important to robotic smoke, they gotta just take the story mode skin which looked epic af, muffle the metal out of his sound effects and swap trident for shake on his alternate human smoke which is accessed just like it was in umk3 by selecting robo and doing the code.
That would be epic

boba_buster

Noob saibot
So I picked up scorpion last night to try and get my head in the vortex game assuming smokes gonna be a vortex character. But what I'm realizing is smokes tele knocks down on hit so we're not gonna be able to end combos with tele and reset the combo , I'm also worried because watching the gameplay video I didn't see and any standing overheads to go back into a 50/50 vortex. Although his njp looks very fast maybe that will be the way to go. I'm also noticing that seems like smoke has a lot of juggles and launchers so it seems like it's gonna be important to not use spear to start the vortex but at the end to re stand them only
What do u guys think? How will he play?

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
im gonna play him like its mk3 even if its ineffective
This just reminded me of the noobs on UMK3 for XBLA that only knew robo smokes easy 40% combo from teleport starter, and thus would just teleport over and over again with no regard for human life. Some would blatantly buffer the f,f command, others would buffer f,f repeatedly to really throw you off, while others got super clever and invented the jump xx teleport tech. Hope smoke's return brings back these lab monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.