What's new

General/Other - Smoke Where there is ROBOT SMOKE, There is Fire! - PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I am pumped to finally play Cyber Smoke again! I do wonder what moves he will get though, I really hope he AT LEAST gets his telepunch and his harpoon from back in the day

Also do we have confirmation that this character's name is really tri-borg? Lol part of me thinks (and hopes) that's just a placeholder until they come up with its real name. It isn't too crazy too assume Sektor at one point was working on a new model of Lin Kuei cyber warriors, and this was a prototype that somehow survived/escaped before SZ destroyed all the cyber ninjas. It having Sektor/Cryax variations could be explained by its ability to do some transformers sh** that allows it to download/absorb previous cyber ninjas tech and stuff lol

Last edited:

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Slasher Jason, Boneshaper Shinnok, and Ronin Takeda essentially prove that you can have 2-3 variations with completely different normals as well as special moves.

My guess is, the only thing they will have in common will be their walk/run speed and overall agility. I am expecting them to have very few, if any, normals in common, much less special moves.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Definitely going to not give a shit about other dlc and just buy these cyborgs i really want to buy alien too but he doesn't seem that barakaish to me.Aay lmao

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Slasher Jason, Boneshaper Shinnok, and Ronin Takeda essentially prove that you can have 2-3 variations with completely different normals as well as special moves.

My guess is, the only thing they will have in common will be their walk/run speed and overall agility. I am expecting them to have very few, if any, normals in common, much less special moves.
Most normals will probably be the same, with different special moves. Something along the lines of the differences between Royal Storm Kitana and Mournful Kitana or the three Kotals. They may have one or two unique normals per variation, but it's very unlikely that all three variations are completely different characters altogether from each other.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Most normals will probably be the same, with different special moves. Something along the lines of the differences between Royal Storm Kitana and Mournful Kitana or the three Kotals. They may have one or two unique normals per variation, but it's very unlikely that all three variations are completely different characters altogether from each other.
Unfortunately, this is probably true. I really feel they're worthy of their own characters. Having 3 characters who are usually COMPLETELY different, sharing the same normals and probably some specials is gonna be dumb.

I'm still happy they're back though.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
pretty sure that the 3rd cyborg variation is hydro from the MK Legacy Episodes

so apparently, the 3rd variation of "Tri-Borg" is NOT hydro, but ROBOT SMOKE
i'm speechless...
Thoughts?

I wanted Human Smoke but this will do I hope he gets some moves from Mk9

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Unfortunately, this is probably true. I really feel they're worthy of their own characters. Having 3 characters who are usually COMPLETELY different, sharing the same normals and probably some specials is gonna be dumb.

I'm still happy they're back though.
Yup I agree. Sucks for classic costumes too because it means we won't get them. Unless they drop three separate costumes for each at the character select screen which also seems doubtful.

I only hope that the character is good, mainly Sektor. It's about the only thing remotely interesting out of the entire KP2 so I'll be jumping over Day 1 and riding it out.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yup I agree. Sucks for classic costumes too because it means we won't get them. Unless they drop three separate costumes for each at the character select screen which also seems doubtful.

I only hope that the character is good, mainly Sektor. It's about the only thing remotely interesting out of the entire KP2 so I'll be jumping over Day 1 and riding it out.
I actually really like this KP2 bar Leatherface, like seriously wtf? I used to hate Bo but I came to terms that he was in it a long time ago and I'm kinda looking forward to him. I was dreading Alien, but that XenomorphxTarkatan hybrid has me stoked. And do I even need to mention the Cyborg? Leatherface is just killing my hype for it though.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I actually really like this KP2 bar Leatherface, like seriously wtf? I used to hate Bo but I came to terms that he was in it a long time ago and I'm kinda looking forward to him. I was dreading Alien, but that XenomorphxTarkatan hybrid has me stoked. And do I even need to mention the Cyborg? Leatherface is just killing my hype for it though.

Agreed Leatherface is terrible. Bo Rai Cho has some serious potential if they make a more mature version of him. None of the sophomoric shit from past incarnations.

Alien has me on the fence. AvP and Tarkatan Xenomorph are cool, but... guest characters. We didn't need more of them.

The Cyborgs, IMO, are the only possible savior of this pack. They can do it the lazy way, and make a single character that simply possesses a few iconic moves that have historically belonged to Cyrax, Sektor, and Smoke, or, they can do it the right way, and create three completely separate characters, each possessing only one variation.

If they were intelligent, IMO, they would choose the second of the two options. But, they actually thought Leatherface was a good idea, so who the hell knows what they are planning?

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
If it ends to be like Smoke/Sektor/Cyrax I'll try Sektor and Smoke variation for sure.
They are my favorite in MK9 and I still have no main in MKX.

Now I really want to know where the cyborg will be released.
In this KP2, it's the only thing that I really care.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
They HAVE to spend a lot of time on this character. If they make this character as perfect as it could potentially be, than I'm fine with NRS wasting a slot on Leatherface for the casuals. PLEASE make each variation extremely various. A good example would be relentless Jason to slasher Jason. Give each variation a couple unique normals, (cyrax b2 pls) a couple strings, and give them their unique special moves.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Agreed Leatherface is terrible. Bo Rai Cho has some serious potential if they make a more mature version of him. None of the sophomoric shit from past installations.
It seems they went that way in the story so I think they will. I hope they keep a bit of his gross humor though, just don't go over the top.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Too bad Smoke isn't his own character, I prefer his (Enenra) design in story mode, but then again it's really cool NRS listened to the fans and did the 3-robots-in-one and I always loved UMK3 Robot Smoke :)
Hopefully he plays similar to MK9 Smoke!

st9rm

viennality.com
Too bad Smoke isn't his own character, I prefer his (Enenra) design in story mode, but then again it's really cool NRS listened to the fans and did the 3-robots-in-one and I always loved UMK3 Robot Smoke :)
Hopefully he plays similar to MK9 Smoke!
i really digged the enenra design as well!
one can dream, we might be seeing it.. hopefully...

Status
Not open for further replies.