What's new

General/Other - Smoke Where there is ROBOT SMOKE, There is Fire! - PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
RoboSekCy being part Robot Smoke weirds me out. Smoke never became a cyborg so how are they gonna explain it this time?

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
pretty sure that the 3rd cyborg variation is hydro from the MK Legacy Episodes

so apparently, the 3rd variation of "Tri-Borg" is NOT hydro, but ROBOT SMOKE
i'm speechless...
Thoughts?

I called robot smoke the second I saw the kp2 image months ago. A good fit.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Because of how variatons work he is probably gonna suck ass depending on what two powers he gains in each, for example cyrax teleport and bombs,now you can't have the net now,hope he isn't a half assed tribute like mournful.
Why do you say two powers? a bunch of the variations in MKX have more than two specials.

Hell, War God Kotal has 5 unique specials, Blood God has 3, and Sun God also has 3.

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
If there's any moves from mk9's Smoke, or hell even Umk3, that return but have an mkx twist to them, what do you guys think they should be?

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Why do you say two powers? a bunch of the variations in MKX have more than two specials.

Hell, War God Kotal has 5 unique specials, Blood God has 3, and Sun God also has 3.
Hmm let me see war god gains the paddle and paddle related attacks and think that's it
Sun god gains Sun choke and the Supersaiyan power up which allows him to cash out and parry
Blood good gains totems although three totems they are still related totems and parry
What I'm trying to say is that what makes them unique better fucking crazy because their base movements and movesets will be the same I hope that kinda explains what I'm saying

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Also, FUCKING CALLED IT!

Pterodactyl said:
The thing about robots and cyborgs is that you can put them back together again, repair them, and find them new bodies.

Not hard to come up with a reason for something like that. Something simple as "While Subzero and the Lin Kuei were distracted by Shinnok's attack on Earthrealm I sent out a signal to my hidden tekunin cyber-ninjas, who rescued me and manufactured my current form".
They doubted.

I knew.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Hmm let me see war god gains the paddle and paddle related attacks and think that's it
Sun god gains Sun choke and the Supersaiyan power up which allows him to cash out and parry
Blood good gains totems although three totems they are still related totems and parry
What I'm trying to say is that what makes them unique better fucking crazy because their base movements and movesets will be the same I hope that kinda explains what I'm saying
What?

War God exclusive moves:
-Saw Blade: Kotal swings downward for a damaging mid hit that cleaves the opponent.
-Overhead Sword Strike: Kotal does a far reaching overhead chop with his weapon that can also hit aerial opponents. Hit's twice when EX'd.
-Sword Sweep: Kotal does a far reaching low sweep with his weapon.
-Sword Toss: Kotal chucks his macuahuitl for a slow but damaging projectile. Multi-hitting with meter.
-Sword Quake: Kotal does a quick slash into an unblockable ground slam. Holding up will cause the second hit to be cancelled.

Sun God exclusive moves:
Moves:
-Sun God Choke: an unblockable command grab that can stack on top of itself three times.
-Soul Scorch: Kotal uses his command grab stacks to give himself meter. using meter during this move will instead give Kotal health.
-Soul Spark: Kotal beams with energy as he gains a stack of Sun for his other specials.

Blood God exclusive moves:
Moves:
-Crystal Totem: This total gives Kotal a 20-25% damage increase while it is active.
-Obsidian Totem: This decreases Kotal's damage takes by 20% and also increased his meter when he blocks attacks or is hit.
-Blood Totem: When active landing attacks will fill the totem with the blood of your enemy! After a few seconds the totem's stored energy is sent to Kotal. It shatters if Kotal is hit.

What i'm saying here is, assuming by "powers" you meant "special moves", Kotal, and many others, have more than two unique moves per variation.

Sektor has missiles, tele-punch, and flamethrower. That's three, MKX has characters with three special moves in a variation.

Cyrax has bombs, net, saw blade, teleport, and that spin kick that I can't remember the name of, that's five, MKX has characters with five special moves in a variation.

Smoke has a sliding teleport, invisibility, smoke bomb, tele-punch, and an air grab, again five.

My point is they're almost assuredly getting all of their special moves, it's nothing more demanding that what they've already done in the game already.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Gotta say, hype for this. I have no past loyalty to MK, played the original when I was a kid and it released because it was awesome, but haven't cared/touched an MK since until X..

That said, the concept of Smoke sounds amazing and I have high hopes the.other variations will be excellent as well. My genuine hope is to be able main the character as a whole. I just hope the variations are very different from one another.

Not gonna lie though, Alien, though I could have cared less prior to his inclusion, COULD be amazing as well. BRC I'm still super on the fence about , totly depends on how he's handled.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Definitely maining him, in particular the Cyrax variation. If any of you remember my Cyrax back in MK9, I'm back, motherfuckers! Time to sink this ship.

Yak

Noob
The balls of smoke he throws someone's gonna figure out something hella dumb at release, especially if you can cancel them. Only character I'm completely hyped about

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My predictions on Robo Smoke's moves.

- Tele Uppercut (shared with Sektor)
- Harpoon Spear (like UMK3)
- Invisibility
- Smoke Away (like MK9)
- Air Throw (with big hitbox, possibly shared by all 3 variations)

That's all I've got, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.