What's new

Strategy - Raiden Where does Raiden stand now?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
as is (with the OS gone, Run cancels being iffy, and f12b2 meterless combos being gone) the teleport is good now but the punish is lacking without meter. F4 still is pretty trash IMO, sure its safe on block but the hitbox is kind of wonky and you can just get poked out of it due to slow start up. I only see him as a high mid-tier character at the very BEST

Thunder God may be outclassed by pressure characters because he's not a pressure character. He's a vortex character. There will always be a use for vortex characters even if it's only half safe now.

TG is the only variation that avoids wake ups. TG has the 8 frame mid string. TG has the meter gain. I think TG got overall better and is still as good as Displacer is now. We just now have a choice, mobility or vortex, which are two good choices

Also MoS orbs stop run ins. Haven't heard anyone mention that. That can be useful in certain matchups.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Thunder God may be outclassed by pressure characters because he's not a pressure character. He's a vortex character. There will always be a use for vortex characters even if it's only half safe now.

TG is the only variation that avoids wake ups. TG has the 8 frame mid string. TG has the meter gain. I think TG got overall better and is still as good as Displacer is now. We just now have a choice, mobility or vortex, which are two good choices

Also MoS orbs stop run ins. Haven't heard anyone mention that. That can be useful in certain matchups.
They stop runs ins?

That's fucking cool

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
As a response to all the concerned posts here: They seem to have changed something about inputs in this patch and that's why things are weird. Cassie mains said they were having trouble executing, as well. My best guess is that this is either an intended change that will be soon addressed, or it's a bug and will be fixed.
Either way, don't worry and be patient I guess..?

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
As a response to all the concerned posts here: They seem to have changed something about inputs in this patch and that's why things are weird. Cassie mains said they were having trouble executing, as well. My best guess is that this is either an intended change that will be soon addressed, or it's a bug and will be fixed.
Either way, don't worry and be patient I guess..?
Paulo said the run stuff would be fixed

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
His b2 should be -15 or something.if the option select is gone that's still a nerd from -7 and at least he's not super negative...also it says b11 is mid mid but the second 1 still whiffs on crouching opponents occasionally

Vaiist

Noob
With that, I agree. Which is why I say the orb buff is pretty much useless. The traps aren't that scary and making them tick bit isn't going to change that.
I think the biggest advantage is that with an orb out just about any of his strings will blow up armor :D

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
From my testing it indeed seems to the case that the orb will eat a hit of armor.
Weird thought they took that from kotal and EB never had it. That and if they negate running like EB's traps that might actually be better than what I thought they were. Still not good enough mind you, just better than before.

Vaiist

Noob
Weird thought they took that from kotal and EB never had it. That and if they negate running like EB's traps that might actually be better than what I thought they were. Still not good enough mind you, just better than before.
I really like Master of Storms but accept that he is where he is on the tier list. Just out of curiosity, what would you have done differently? I consider MoS to be a heavily psychological character, and I'd say that adding some passive damage to his orbs is enough to get into your opponent's head. The damage itself isn't lethal, but just knowing that you're taking something might be enough to fluster your opponent for the moment or two you need to change the tides.

I liked him as he was despite any shortcomings he had compared to deadlier characters, and I find this new addition to be pretty exciting. What do you think he should have been given?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I really like Master of Storms but accept that he is where he is on the tier list. Just out of curiosity, what would you have done differently? I consider MoS to be a heavily psychological character, and I'd say that adding some passive damage to his orbs is enough to get into your opponent's head. The damage itself isn't lethal, but just knowing that you're taking something might be enough to fluster your opponent for the moment or two you need to change the tides.

I liked him as he was despite any shortcomings he had compared to deadlier characters, and I find this new addition to be pretty exciting. What do you think he should have been given?
Give single orb an active hitbox (MMH orb). Make it slight advantage on block, like neutral to +3. On hit it yields the same results. This would be interesting and fair

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Give single orb an active hitbox (MMH orb). Make it slight advantage on block, like neutral to +3. On hit it yields the same results. This would be interesting and fair
I want the same thing but think it can range from -3 to 0. Maybe +. Might be too good with a 6f high and a 8f mid.

The hitbox is only active for short time.

The spark from activating trap can no longer be low profiled unless you use one high trap.

Change up the frames on trap so I can use it more instead of fishing for knockdowns. (Might not be needed if I can just space orb to hit and be safe.)

For fun, allow me to pop a single orb. Allows for combos and some space options. Probably cost a bar.

Give MoS ex lightning ball stop. Take it away from TG. (I really hate that TG has this and MoS doesn't)

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I want the same thing but think it can range from -3 to 0. Maybe +. Might be too good with a 6f high and a 8f mid.

The hitbox is only active for short time.

The spark from activating trap can no longer be low profiled unless you use one high trap.

Change up the frames on trap so I can use it more instead of fishing for knockdowns. (Might not be needed if I can just space orb to hit and be safe.)

For fun, allow me to pop a single orb. Allows for combos and some space options. Probably cost a bar.

Give MoS ex lightning ball stop. Take it away from TG. (I really hate that TG has this and MoS doesn't)
I still think advantage orb would be fair because his placement of them is limited which means he might be able to push you into one of set up already but no loopable pressure and more used for space control. To make it stupid, on hit give enough hit advantage for a follow up superman (ridiculous I know).

Cerebru

Noob
Everywhere since Teleports have no wiff recovery lol Pre-patch MK9 all over again!
Teleport never had wiff recovery. Its actually more negative in this game still cause I personally use to punish projectiles for full combo.... so until it that good its just a gimmick. But one I enjoy.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I still think advantage orb would be fair because his placement of them is limited which means he might be able to push you into one of set up already but no loopable pressure and more used for space control. To make it stupid, on hit give enough hit advantage for a follow up superman (ridiculous I know).
In the corner that's definitely loopable and the opponent would be in a guessing game of when to use armor while a 50/50 could pop up whenever. Might not be too bad but to be on the safe side I'd say 0 at best. Then again this is an NRS game so fuck it. Let me pick sides when I superman.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
looooooooooooooooooooool f12b2 x3 still works midscreen. do i have to upload a video or something??
even if it didnt i dont see how it would be a huge nerf to displacer/mos