What's new

Strategy - Raiden Where does Raiden stand now?

.Solo.

Noob
The removal of the B2 Option Select was a pretty big change and it's going to drastically affect our neutral game because we are now basically screwed if they block the overhead. I believe Raiden will go down quite a bit in the tier list and Displacer will start to shine.

Thoughts?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
MoS traps don't do what I was hoping they do. But f4 being safe is sexy af. I never learned the OS and now I don't feel dumb for not doing so.

Do the Displacer buffs just mean more combos and punishing projectiles on reaction?

.Solo.

Noob
MoS traps don't do what I was hoping they do. But f4 being safe is sexy af.

Do the Displacer buffs just mean more combos and punishing projectiles on reaction?
It means a lot more pressure, a much better neutral game, longer combo's, saving meter and yes, you should be able to punish projectiles.

You guys do realize that Raiden can do b2 (cancel)ex teleport f1 combos for 33%. And if they block your safe right? Also now we can end all combos in b1,2 teleport to be at big advantage frames to go into a safe 50/50 again

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What does lightning ball no longer causes auto block mean?
It means that people can be hit after being hit by lighting ball. Things with auto block would allow a person to block wehn they are in ridiculous long block stun. Hollywood Cassie's nutpunch, Warlock Quan's portal stab have auto block. I don't know if it means new combos.
You guys do realize that Raiden can do b2 (cancel)ex teleport f1 combos for 33%. And if they block your at advantage right? Also now we can end all combos in b1,2 teleport to be at big advantage frames to go into a safe 50/50 again
Displacer the new TG?

delbuster

hungry
depends on the teleport frame data ... if the meterless one is good then displacer is definitely the best raiden...

hate the name tho. thunder god and master of storms are much better.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Although we lose OS I think the utility he gained will more than make up for it. It isn't setplay once Displacer touches you, but he will have many more opportunities for it. Also, bringing up what @YOMI RM SaltFace said on stream about ethereal mileena being an anti meta character. He counters what the mechanics of this game rewards which makes him really viable.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is lightning ball really +9? Doesn't that mean f1 combos now? s1 is a 1f link? You can lightning ball 1f link into d3 for a +6 reset?

It means that people can be hit after being hit by lighting ball. Things with auto block would allow a person to block wehn they are in ridiculous long block stun. Hollywood Cassie's nutpunch, Warlock Quan's portal stab have auto block. I don't know if it means new combos.

Displacer the new TG?

Displacer the new TG?
Well actually I just tested and b2 ex tele isn't advantage but it is safe. Either way though no one is going to react and punish the f1 follow up

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I like the MoS and Displacer buffs, but I feel they should have given Thunder God a buff to compensate for removing OS. F1 being changed from Mid to High was a pretty big hit and now this?! Unless those hitbox fixes on B1, 1 do wonders for his normal game, I fear for TG. I think he still has the best 50/50s and corner pressure in the game, but the problem is how to get them to the corner.

Really hyped about Displacer and MoS though! Now I can finally play a proper Raiden with awesome teleports into pressure and 50/50s. And MoS's single orbs do damage! Man, I was hoping for that. Now, more than ever, I feel MoS has the potential to be top tier.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
MoS traps don't do what I was hoping they do. But f4 being safe is sexy af. I never learned the OS and now I don't feel dumb for not doing so.

,y patch is not completed yet, this is just an overly eager post to the patch....

with that said,

one huge thing that came on the patch notes 8-31

it just stood out to me and i can't help but ask in excitement!

Raiden Displacer

can someone tell me if this makes Raiden Displacer viable, like old raiden, that is the one thing that bothered me about raiden, i always felt that he should be able to tele safely.
i would use Displacer over TG any day if so! just seems more like raiden should be...

• NRS Lanny Said:
    [*]Raiden (Displacer) - Removed 10 recovery frames from Teleport
    [*]Raiden (Displacer) - Teleport (in front) no longer costs stamina

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I hope Displacer is finally usable. I was really looking forward to this variation prior to release and was sure it would be go to with Raiden, but when I went to the lab with him, he basically stood there for 15 seconds after doing a teleport. Basically it felt like he was just waiting to be hit, so I gave up.

Fingers crossed!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Wait so lightning ball will be able to link into combos now?
If it no longer causes auto block that means they can be hit during hitstun. That's how someone explained the quan bat spark change and the change happened to reptile and the notes state
  • Reptile (Deceptive) - Activating stealth no longer triggers auto block on the opponent allow to continue some combos
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Activating Frozen Aura & Ice Aura no longer triggers auto block which can allow some combos to continue
So I figured there might be some combo possibility if lightning ball is really +9 on hit.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
It's time for raiden mains to REALLY flesh out MoS and Displacer, there is lots of potential here. Orbs being able to hit people will help, but displacer could be a real diamond in the rough considering we can teleport now and not give a fuck about mkx meta. This is gonna br fun :)

If it no longer causes auto block that means they can be hit during hitstun. That's how someone explained the quan bat spark change and the change happened to reptile and the notes state
  • Reptile (Deceptive) - Activating stealth no longer triggers auto block on the opponent allow to continue some combos
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Activating Frozen Aura & Ice Aura no longer triggers auto block which can allow some combos to continue
So I figured there might be some combo possibility if lightning ball is really +9 on hit.
Oh I was thinking ex lightning. So we can combo a f1 after a lightning ball reset in the corner. Damn that'll be big damage

That doesn't seem too good when you could just df2 to make b2 safe and you can combo off of b2 midscreen already.

Can someone check if the orbs cause hitstun/blockstun or is it like noxious gas.
B2,Df2 doesn't give you 33%. Canceling the ex teleport makes b2 safe. Like -1. Just go for f1 after the teleport, if it hits you get a combo. No one is going to punish the f1 follow up if they block, they'd have to react in 8 frames