What's new

Strategy - Raiden Where does Raiden stand now?

delbuster

hungry
i haven't gotten it once (tried on sub and raiden for quite some time). before the patch i could do it easily.

again, i can get it off f2 2+4 because it auto positions some times and gets the late hit on the b2 in the first f12b2, but i can't get it at all starting with f12b2.

PLEASE post a vid. seriously. i can't do it.

delbuster

hungry
without f12b2 x3 i can't figure out a different f12b2 combo besides f12b2 d1 superman. i'm bad.

it means that b2 first hit ex teleport f12b2 isn't great reward. etc

without f12b2 x3 i can't figure out a different f12b2 combo besides f12b2 d1 superman. i'm bad.

it means that b2 first hit ex teleport f12b2 isn't great reward. etc
Yeah that's all I can get too. Drops 5% damage which sucks. Also sucks b11 still wiffs

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Has there ever been trouble connection b34xxdf2 on Predator? I can't seem to get it to hit no matter the timing I use.

delbuster

hungry
I can get it on Cassie.

I cannot get it on Sub zero/raiden.

f12b2 run 11 can work but i can't get f12b2 after that

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
hmmm, i got it on sub, but not raiden. i also tried goro and i couldnt land it.... i guess there might be some characters where f12b2 x3 midscreen doesn't work

f12b2 11 should work on everyone though

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
From my testing it indeed seems to the case that the orb will eat a hit of armor.
I can't get this to work. I'm testing it against Pred's armor move. He gets hit by the tick and I punch him and my punch activates the armor and he goes right through.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone know why if I hit at probably the same time as the MoS trap activates the computer just blocks instead of getting hit.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
In the corner that's definitely loopable and the opponent would be in a guessing game of when to use armor while a 50/50 could pop up whenever. Might not be too bad but to be on the safe side I'd say 0 at best. Then again this is an NRS game so fuck it. Let me pick sides when I superman.
Still wouldn't be loopable in the corner. You wouldn't be able to pressure w orb unless they are pushed into one. The orb placement wouldn't allow

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Still wouldn't be loopable in the corner. You wouldn't be able to pressure w orb unless they are pushed into one. The orb placement wouldn't allow
b11xxOrb puts the orb where the tick hurts the opponent. So that could definitely be looped. NRS would have to make the hitbox smaller than what it is now and I think then it would be an annoyance to get it to work midscreen.

Vaiist

Noob
Anyone know why if I hit at probably the same time as the MoS trap activates the computer just blocks instead of getting hit.
There are several instances with other characters where stuff like this happens. It's like you can't get hit with two moves at the same time. If they're blocking in an activated trap and you go for the grab too early the same thing will happen.

As for the armor breaking I'm not sure what to say. It worked when I tested it with Johnny, but I'll try Predator too.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
There are several instances with other characters where stuff like this happens. It's like you can't get hit with two moves at the same time. If they're blocking in an activated trap and you go for the grab too early the same thing will happen.

As for the armor breaking I'm not sure what to say. It worked when I tested it with Johnny, but I'll try Predator too.
The grab missing I can understand. But the computer blocking this even when I set it to not block doesn't make sense.

Please try it. I see the "0.20%" pop up and I punch but Pred just goes right through.

B11 still wiffs on quan, Cassie, erron, Sonya, Johnny, Kano. Most of these characters you'll run into a lot so it needs fixed. Also even with the buffs I think Displacer needs some good frame traps off ex teleport and mos needs combo stun on orbs to be viable. Until then Thunder God is the way to go IMO

F1,2,b2 is definitely different to combos too. Either it pushes back further on hit or they drop faster, but combos with it now are much harder to do.

Last edited:

B W1zZ

Noob
So I've been reading through this thread and I very highly disagree with people saying displacer is still not viable. the B11 whiffing on certain characters should be fixed I agree but he does have other options to compensate. In addition to having an MK9 style teleport, he can control where it goes, add armor to it if need be, and cancel certain strings on block into REGULAR tele and be relatively safe, and the unsafe strings to regular tele on block can be cancelled into a far tele into a plethora of options. Displacer is beast now people.

delbuster

hungry
I tried with the hot fix on, it is very possible that I am just bad at it now .. But other ppl are having a tough time too. Idk. Unless there was another fix which I doubt.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
i played online today just to test everything..
this combo is easy on cassie for some reason and isnt on the rest of the cast(maybe smaller hitbox less pushback?)
the mos and dis buffs feels like they trade with the combos..they feel harder..i used to play them a lot because of the damage and now they feel weird and harder .. also is it nessesary the gap between f12 and b2 string?
still better variation for me is TG because of the run cancel pressure.. if the other 2 variations had their pre-patch damage i would have used them..

ps: the tele isnt mk9(it isnt 1 frame invisible) but is way better tha before, and b11 still whiffs a lot on small characters + kung jin , quan etc.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
TG mid, MoS the same (proximity damage lol, what a broken buff :DOGE), Disp - high-mid to low-high.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Teleport never had wiff recovery. Its actually more negative in this game still cause I personally use to punish projectiles for full combo.... so until it that good its just a gimmick. But one I enjoy.
My game says 19 frames recovery for teleport...