What's new

Strategy - Raiden Where does Raiden stand now?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So I've been reading through this thread and I very highly disagree with people saying displacer is still not viable. the B11 whiffing on certain characters should be fixed I agree but he does have other options to compensate. In addition to having an MK9 style teleport, he can control where it goes, add armor to it if need be, and cancel certain strings on block into REGULAR tele and be relatively safe, and the unsafe strings to regular tele on block can be cancelled into a far tele into a plethora of options. Displacer is beast now people.
If you would be so awesome as to record a video like the ones you did in MK9... that would be dope! (That's how I learned my MK9 raiden haha)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
So I've been reading through this thread and I very highly disagree with people saying displacer is still not viable. the B11 whiffing on certain characters should be fixed I agree but he does have other options to compensate. In addition to having an MK9 style teleport, he can control where it goes, add armor to it if need be, and cancel certain strings on block into REGULAR tele and be relatively safe, and the unsafe strings to regular tele on block can be cancelled into a far tele into a plethora of options. Displacer is beast now people.
I agree, he has lots of possibilities now with the new teleport. Great for mixups.

MoS still sucks lol I can't even find a safe setup in the corner to set up an orb. What's the point of adding proximity damage if you get punished for trying to set one up?

Also can we please get a real juggle off of ex vicinity blast? You can't even get a juggle of an AA with is this thing. Both the regular and ex versions need buffed. Raiden is the only character to go from top to outclassed in every way

Last edited:

Cerebru

Noob
This is where its at... Just need a better low crush.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
MoS still sucks lol I can't even find a safe setup in the corner to set up an orb. What's the point of adding proximity damage if you get punished for trying to set one up?

Also can we please get a real juggle off of ex vicinity blast? You can't even get a juggle of an AA with is this thing. Both the regular and ex versions need buffed. Raiden is the only character to go from top to outclassed in every way
B111+3 and f22+3. B14 if you have an orb out already. Anything else fucking sucks and I think that's MoS biggest flaw. That and the fact he has space controlling traps that never make the opponent feel trap or like they ran out of space . . .

B111+3 and f22+3. B14 if you have an orb out already. Anything else fucking sucks and I think that's MoS biggest flaw. That and the fact he has space controlling traps that never make the opponent feel trap or like they ran out of space . . .
None of those are safe against a 6 frame wake up

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

of a ex vicinity blast you can get d1, superman

Vaiist

Noob

Are you on PS4?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
More hit stun on some strings or more cancel advantage on hit so he can connect combos with normal teleport it would look like this f2 4 xx Tele 214 ex shocker etc. That would dope.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
None of those are safe against a 6 frame wake up
That's what 4 characters right? KL, Cassie, Reptile and Sub? Cassie can't you reach you with hers so it's just 3. You can definitely fit f22+3 somewhere to get an orb out. But if you're already hitting and decide to go for a full combo that's around 40% plus oki. That's a pretty good trade off in the corner.

That's what 4 characters right? KL, Cassie, Reptile and Sub? Cassie can't you reach you with hers so it's just 3. You can definitely fit f22+3 somewhere to get an orb out. But if you're already hitting and decide to go for a full combo that's around 40% plus oki. That's a pretty good trade off in the corner.
Kano also but I don't know if it's just 6 frame moves. I'm sure there are slower wake ups that can punish it

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Kano also but I don't know if it's just 6 frame moves. I'm sure there are slower wake ups that can punish it
Not f22+3. If you do b14xxOrb for the second orb they'll get hit and even if only get a superman that's more damage than whatever they did. b111+3 doesn't seem to work but I feel like there is somewhere you could use it.

Wish I attended tournaments and mattered. I would pioneer (whine) so hard for MoS to get better shit. This forum would just be about all the cool shit we could now do. At least Raiden doesn't suck as a character so it's not too bad.

For some reason I can do f1,2,b2 (x3) again. I'm landing it as much as I used to before the patch. Another hotfix?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Is it just me or his BnB 214 Ex Shocker, NJP, RC, B14 LRC,214 Superman is much harder to link the 2 after the LRC after patch. It has much more pushback on hit ant you have to do a perfect LRC to hit it mid screen? I could do it with my eyes closed before, but now i have to really concentrate and time perfect the runs and the distance to hit the 214 after the LRC. Is anyone else feel that way?