What's new

Question What's Left To Be Fixed?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I think fixes are needed for Bo / Tanya and Raiden

Bo Rai Cho

Give him a non-EX projectile (PLEASE!!!). This is a major issue with BRC and I think it would help with many of his issues.

Tanya

Lets face it, as much as people hate Tanya, she was clearly over nerfed (and stealth nerfed!). She needs the most work of anyone in the cast as they have screwed her up time and time again.

My thoughts:

Revert her damage to what it was pre stealth nerf (it was very low anyway – even with meter)
Revert 34's cancel window to that of the pre stealth nerf (it was just an ender anyway)

DN

This only survives due to gimmicks and lack of match up awareness. It is completely unsafe and she can be shut down pretty easily. She lacks pressure.

Bring back her old teleport in this variation only to allow her to pressure opponents. I don't think that there is anything in this variation that would make this particularly OP

Pyro

Pyro is really unsafe, with a pretty terrible air projectile as she lingers in the air for a significant amount of time after it is thrown out and is useless against half the cast. Basically, she is high risk/low reward with one of the lowest damaging combos in the game (she is dependent on meter to get close to high 20’s). She has two pop ups… one with poor timing with t-rex arms and the other charged /unusable.

New pop up string
New fire based string (Mid and a high/OH)
Remove gap from b312
Make dust timed rather than one off on block, but reduce the extra chip damage

Kobu

Armor back on the first Rekka OR revert tonfa toss to pre-nerf

Raiden

Raiden needs something new as there is no reason to pick him at the moment. I cannot put my finger on what as I only know him on a basic level but it is obvious that he needs a small tweak.

I think fixes are needed for Bo / Tanya and Raiden

Bo Rai Cho

Give him a non-EX projectile (PLEASE!!!). This is a major issue with BRC and I think it would help with many of his issues.

Tanya

Lets face it, as much as people hate Tanya, she was clearly over nerfed (and stealth nerfed!). She needs the most work of anyone in the cast as they have screwed her up time and time again.

My thoughts:

Revert her damage to what it was pre stealth nerf (it was very low anyway – even with meter)
Revert 34's cancel window to that of the pre stealth nerf (it was just an ender anyway)

DN

This only survives due to gimmicks and lack of match up awareness. It is completely unsafe and she can be shut down pretty easily. She lacks pressure.

Bring back her old teleport in this variation only to allow her to pressure opponents. I don't think that there is anything in this variation that would make this particularly OP

Pyro

Pyro is really unsafe, with a pretty terrible air projectile as she lingers in the air for a significant amount of time after it is thrown out and is useless against half the cast. Basically, she is high risk/low reward with one of the lowest damaging combos in the game (she is dependent on meter to get close to high 20’s). She has two pop ups… one with poor timing with t-rex arms and the other charged /unusable.

New pop up string
New fire based string (Mid and a high/OH)
Remove gap from b312
Make dust timed rather than one off on block, but reduce the extra chip damage

Kobu

Armor back on the first Rekka OR revert tonfa toss to pre-nerf

Raiden

Raiden needs something new as there is no reason to pick him at the moment. I cannot put my finger on what as I only know him on a basic level but it is obvious that he needs a small tweak.
Good. Pyromancer needs stun on ex shroud to continue combos. DN pogo into 1 should bounce right in front of Tanya to do midscreen combos. Kobu I'd revert tonfa toss back and give Tonfa toss a HUGE damage buff with less, less scaling. I'd also make pogo more + on block and one more high damage string for combos and mix ups. Finally 16 frame F3 universally. Perfect. What do you think?

Master of Storms traps hitting multiple times to break armor would be nice.
Reverting the reduced stun on Cyrax net and removing the bomb restrictions. The other changes he got are fair I guess.
Put Hotaru in the game.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I REMEMBERED SOMETHING IMPORTANT

WHY IS TECHING THROWS FUCKING ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

Seriously. of ALL the troubles and frustrations I have had improving myself the last month, the one thing that absofuckinglutely drives me crazy is reading a grab coming and not beig able to do fuck all to stop it because even that is a guess.

AND WHY THE HELL DID NO ONE FIX THE SEIZURE LIGHTNING ON THE SKY TEMPLES

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
They should make it so moves slower than 10 frames will not jail , that will eliminate most of the jailing 50/50's from a jump in , and force people to just go for pressure or jabs. What do you think?
Doesn't eliminate the 50/50 at all, doesn't also mean you can't mixup anymore, if you read it you can just backdash, buf if he goes for a 10f string after you still will pay the price, as result to play safe you will continue to block most of the things from jump ins even if its not guaranteed, which in turn will still make able to deal with 50/50, which actually this is how some characters are currently built in, scorpion has a very slow overhead starter, but everyone preffers to block it.

The goal is to eliminate the current philosophy that mostly everything inside the game is based on guess instead of pure outplay, guess wrong pay a price, guess right opponent pays the price.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Before yesterday I would have said Hat Trick.

Now I say Cyber Sub, the character who makes High Tech Jacqui, Hat Trick Lao, and Mystic Ermac, all look like S tier characters in comparison

Seriously tho those 3 could probably use a tuning as well

I REMEMBERED SOMETHING IMPORTANT

WHY IS TECHING THROWS FUCKING ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE

Seriously. of ALL the troubles and frustrations I have had improving myself the last month, the one thing that absofuckinglutely drives me crazy is reading a grab coming and not beig able to do fuck all to stop it because even that is a guess.

AND WHY THE HELL DID NO ONE FIX THE SEIZURE LIGHTNING ON THE SKY TEMPLES
Throw teching being a guess instead of just universally being 1+3 like every single other game has figured out is the most nonsensical ridiculous load of garbage in this game. The only thing that should have been taken from injustice is for some reason the only thing that wasn't.

1 - The screen messes up when Ermac levitates and you knock him out of the air.
2 - Jacqui's BF1 whiffs in a LOT of situations, but Alien's pounce is unavoidable?
3 - As @Eddy Wang said "Whiffed jump attacks in general including NJPS should have a few more recovery frames on landing"
4 - Backdashes REALLY should recover faster
5 - Some moves that are clearly overhead, hit mid.
6 - CYBER SUB ZERO'S ICE BALL START UP FRAMES NEED TO BE REDUCED!
7 - Hurtboxes are RIDICULOUS! Getting hit behind your back is friggin stupid.
8 - Tremor needs actual priorities.
9 - Raiden's B2 recovery frames take WAAAY too long.
10 - D'Vorah and Gaylist Johnny...
11 - Bo Rai Cho needs a projectile that you don't need to burn meter for.
12 - (This one is just for me) I WANT ASHRAH! :'(

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/397/260/113/fix-triborg-in-mkxl/#sign PLEASE FIX TRIBORG!

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Fix NRS
Cybernetic Kano

After every patch I convince myself that this is the one. Deep down I know I'm lying, but seriously it's been like almost a year...
If Cyber gets a overhead, then the other two variations will be used less. Cyber has a fast mid projectile with great recovery, good anti air options, with a standing reset. Now adding a standing OH will make people go berserk. MK9 Kano got nerf due to OH with fast mid knives if you didnt know.

The only necessary things are some mids whiffing and stuff like that. I dont get why people complain about Hat Trick Lao or Unbreakable sub. There's over 90 variations in this game, you can't expect every single one to be viable.

I wouldn't mind if they buffed AAs and nerfed jump ins though lol.
No one is saying :make them more viable". They are saying that they are less viable because its hard to impossible in some cases to combo an opponent who is in a crouch state after landing an overhead launcher. The point of the overhead is to hit the opponent in crouch but some variations are punished for it. People are just saying "let me combo crouching opponents especially female characters".

My list is as follows:

1. Remove the HTB's:
Make things like Takeda's ex kuni mid, SD Cage ex up mimic mid, etc..

2. Crouching launch height needs to be fixed:
Just have the characters get launched to the normal juggle height of that attack. Female characters benefit for this in a major way because they already get a reduced combo. However - now they can actually go from a reduced combo to no combo in some instances because an overhead hit them while crouching. You don't need to change any hitboxes, just make the launch height the same for standing and crouching.

Those are REASONABLE things to be looked at.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I think people are looking at it wrong, though I like the topic I'll contribute my thoughts.

Before going over buffs/nerfs for balancing the roster, the fundamental problem with MKX since the start has been the frame data, too many random factors and advantage on specific moves that force high-level players to exploit abilities that shouldn't be used for 90% of the situations they're being used for, neutralizing any need of fundamental play like reads/reactions/footsies/spacing/conditioning etc because of the lack of risk / high chance of success.

With the latest patch, the general consensus seems to be that the game has not changed but merely characters/variations being switched up in tier-order, the offense is slowly being toned down but not by enough (by far), as a result people are moving on from a game where the weaker player is more than capable of beating the better player simply because of how strongly MKX favors offense opposed to neutral/defense. For a casual game, great! For a competitive game, not so great. Again frame data is the culprit.

For example:
A highly disliked aspect of the game being unreactable mixups have the possibility of converting into plus on block or stay safe entirely, but what a minute... I just blocked a complete guess, where's my reward? Well if the opposing character lacks meter-gain and just spent a bar to keep himself safe after mixing up, that seems more like a fair trade but what about the characters where this doesn't apply? Shouldn't there be a way around it or at least produce only a small reward for the attacker?
Done right, a character like Ermac will get punished for it, or a character like Smoke will have ways around them or take a measly 20% off your health bar.
If all mixups worked this way instead of being able to hit-confirm without any gaps, continue pressure risk-free (which gains you meter to reloop the same unfair situation) or worst of all, pseudo-unblockable your ass in a string (barring any possibility of punishment) this game would retain some actual fighting-game credibility and make a lot less people feel cheated out.
Sadly, too many characters lack the risk it should truly take for making someone guess in a competitive game.

That's one thing, what about the ones that lack mixups but make up for it with stronger neutral tools?
Like Johnny, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Jax, Kotal Kahn..
Or the ones that have a bit of both?
Like Takeda, D'vorah, Scorpion, Jacqui, Cassie, Kano, Ferra/Tor..

I think most would agree those characters are playing a different league now. While it's a good thing that the characters lacking guessing-tools to win are the better characters in the roster, the gap between tournament viable and non-viable characters is too big and the ones actually succeeding had to have been given tools to deal with the brokenness they couldn't deal with before, instead of dealing with the root of the problem directly, many characters will stay in B-tier hell.

It's easy though, if you want to play competitively you'll need to learn more characters, as the game is highly dependant on MU's and if you want to actually win you'll need to pick one of the top tiers, personally after a full year of bullshit I feel demotivated to do so. I do feel like MKX is going in the right direction and has the potential to become the best 2D fighting game ever made, but there have been some very poor decisions* which leads me to think it will never achieve that title.

What I feel the game is missing:
- a more honest offense/defense ratio with characters
- Risk or less reward for characters starting an offensive guessing situation
- to be more favorable towards overall defense (make stuff more minus on block and whiff, like advancing mids, long range moves, launching moves, mixup launchers etc)
- high plus-situations after special-cancelling from a normal on block to be toned the hell down (through chip, meter or frame advantage)
- characters with strong EX-meter tools to have decreased meter-gain (so basically, almost everyone who didn't get a meter-gain reduction this last patch)
- less chip damage, globally (seriously, why does Gunslinger still do 8% on block without any string?)
- (edit) fundamental improvements such as anti-airs having better priority, pokes generally unsafer (none of that d3 into blind pressure), poke into specials should be unsafe or not possible, more gaps in strings, reactable start-up for command grabs, NJP's less safe on the way down etc

Last edited:

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
Fix Brutality/Finish Him glitch
Revert timer on Cyrax's net so a non pro can pull off a combo with him
Reduce uprock recovery by 5 frames
Tone down Acidic Alien's acid damage a bit

Then the game would be perfect