What's new

Question What's Left To Be Fixed?

iamShorteh

"Vengeance will be mine!"
Hitbox/Hurtbox accuracy in general should be tweaked further. We're still seeing Mids getting low profiled (even on block) in the middle of normal kombo strings.
Another example of hitbox shenanigans is Aliens' tail; hitbox/hurtbox needs to be adjusted to fit the movements the tail makes.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If everyone had 11f mids across the board i would be okay with this. The problem is, some character mids are just way too slow, and D1s are 6f startup and most of the time -6 to -7 on block, adding this to the fact that the Block/unblocking game in MKX is also a mechanic, which won't allow you to use a normal on the first available frame they're negative, you end having people mashing for trades.

He poked you with a 6f move that is -6, the time you perfectly release block he is at -5, the instant you perfectly input your 15f mid, you will lose the advantage in the next 5 frames so your attack will reach on the next 10f, he inputs d1 again which is 6f startup, and you lose the trade again.

Mechanically the advantage was never yours to begin with, specially if 15f is your fastest mid or overhead or low, you're just doomed, having standing highs beating at least d1s during the time standing highs could win a trade, it would solucionate most of the low profiling d1s against better rewards considering they're 8 to 12f but hits high, people would still beat them by inputing d3s and d4, but those are far more negative if blocked in most characters.
Or, you could poke back with your own d1/d3/d4?

I honestly don't see why high attacks should hit crouch attacking opponents. They didn't in Injustice either.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Whiffed jump attacks in general including NJPS should have a few more recovery frames on landing
The hilarious thing is, is that they did that in the KP2 patch. It must have been like 1 frame cuz people still constantly whiff jump ins and get a free d1.

A feel like a pseudo guaranteed 50/50 is acceptable, but only for characters who struggle to create block pressure. For example, (i think the jump in advantage is the same for all characters, But i can only speak for my main), Ferra/Torr's ji2 is +2 on block, and while they have a ton of fast high and mids, neither of the OH/low options jail (OH = 19 or 24 in Lackey, Low = 14 frames), so on a hard read, if you guessed a 50/50 was coming after a jump in you can poke out. Otherwise you have to block or eat the follow up.

People like Sonya, D'Vorah, Johnny, hell even Jax or scorpion, other characters with looooots of plus frames, are rushdown based, or have unreactable 50/50s have no business getting another set of +frames, especially when aa's are so weak and with their dominance in the air is so great (looking at Kotal and Sonya)

Only some characters need backdash buffs. I feel like that's something every character should do equally well, there are lots of set ups where that is your only option for escape and some characters its pointless to even try cuz their recovery is so bad, and half the cast have crazy advancing normals.

Have to agree with @Pan1cMode, highs are working fine. It's the mids that need fixed.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If everyone had 11f mids across the board i would be okay with this. The problem is, some character mids are just way too slow, and D1s are 6f startup and most of the time -6 to -7 on block, adding this to the fact that the Block/unblocking game in MKX is also a mechanic, which won't allow you to use a normal on the first available frame they're negative, you end having people mashing for trades.

He poked you with a 6f move that is -6, the time you perfectly release block he is at -5, the instant you perfectly input your 15f mid, you will lose the advantage in the next 5 frames so your attack will reach on the next 10f, he inputs d1 again which is 6f startup, and you lose the trade again.

Mechanically the advantage was never yours to begin with, specially if 15f is your fastest mid or overhead or low, you're just doomed, having standing highs beating at least d1s during the time standing highs could win a trade, it would solucionate most of the low profiling d1s against better rewards considering they're 8 to 12f but hits high, people would still beat them by inputing d3s and d4, but those are far more negative if blocked in most characters.
That's why you also have to poke if you read the mash. From there, your poke should give you enough frame adv to initiate your offense. If not, then it's a character problem.

1. Roll back the latest patch.

2. Get rid of the female hitbox bullshit.

3. Give Raiden something interesting and useful so that there's a reason to pick him.

4. Ditto for Jacqui.

5. Ditto for Kenshi.

6. Ditto for Jason.

7. Ditto for Bo' Rai Cho.

8. Make Sektor and Tremor's primary tools into something actually useful again.

9. Make Fisticuffs a variation that's somehow worth using.

10. Add Rain, Fujin, Sareena, and Freddy to the game.

Skedar70

Noob
Give some of the bad variations(not the least used ones but viable) some dirt. Warrior predator, Ancestral kung jin, Brood mother dvorah, high tech jaqui.

Im confused why people are saying "jump attacks shouldn't be plus"

They are plus in most games and give you guaranteed strings.

Jump kicks should only be + if they connect deep though. As it stands you can block one chest height and they're still around +3 ish.

More tripgaurds frames and some lift-off frames would be nice.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

3. Give Raiden something interesting and useful so that there's a reason to pick him.

4. Ditto for Jacqui.

5. Ditto for Kenshi.

6. Ditto for Jason.

11. Take back Cyrax's changes.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I still will never understand why cancel on block pressure shoudnt be plus. Alot of characters have strings that are plus on block but no one says anything about them. Is that not what cancels are for?

4. Ditto for Jacqui.

5. Ditto for Kenshi.

6. Ditto for Jason.

Fisticuffs is not as bad as everybody makes him out to be. Sure he's got some pretty crappy mu's but he is by no means "not worth using." More playing, less complaining.:cool:

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Crazy jump ins like jax sub Erron AA able also ermacs jump 2
Female hitbox a for gender equality
Ermacs b1
Nerf kobu

Wigy

There it is...
Retarded blockstun on some moves.
Variable knockback on block with takeda. (He cant punish kotals swords on block)
Grabs shouldnt stuff pokes and uppercuts

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Buff AAs.
Block breakers 1/3 of super meter.
More invincibility on backdashes.
Better walk to whiff punish better.
More landing frames on whiffed jumping attacks.
More recovery on whiffed advancing strings.
Less blockstun on some moves.
Make "block punishes" more visible.
Make armored launchers punishable on block.
A few more things and game will be perfect for me.