What's new

What will Mortal Kombat 11's legacy be if there are no more Kombat Packs/patches?

How would you grade Mortal Kombat 11 if the product were finished?

• Total voters

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
True, but keep in mind, in all previous games, you couldn't carry a kombo past "Finish Him/Her" at all, this is the first game that let you do this, which actually makes it easier to do many Brutalities.
Hmm, I haven't played MKX in a long but you could do combos past Finish Him and with the meterburn throw system, you could set up even more brutals than you can do now in MK11. (the game that has more brutals to begin with. (but lacks stage brutals, imo.))

The bugged (imo) movement when finish him appears, annoys me since release ...
(with time you get used to it but still not a nice solution)

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Hmm, I haven't played MKX in a long but you could do combos past Finish Him and with the meterburn throw system, you could set up even more brutals than you can do now in MK11. (the game that has more brutals to begin with. (but lacks stage brutals, imo.))

The bugged (imo) movement when finish him appears, annoys me since release ...
(with time you get used to it but still not a nice solution)
IIRC, the finish him/her appears after your combo is completed in MKX.

Ashesfall

From a "logical" standpoint, I don't like the way the announcer say "Finish Him" while he is still flying through the air. I mean, usually (from a real world perspective) you don't have a "health bar" above your head. You can't know/see at that point if he is "done".
Saying it while you hit the ground after a combo, feels way more fitting.
And not saying "Finish Him" while you do the brutality, is also fitting because it's a fight ending scene, where you killed your opponent without a request. (Like, you don't have to tell me "finish him", I do it anyways.)

(and it's not the "kill hit" but the "unconscious/dizzy" hit. Kill hit is after "BRUTALITY" or "FATALITY" :D)

Ashesfall

Of course someone is saying that :D
But I think you can differentiate in some situations.

Let's try this view, "more atmospheric" with a tournament background, no?
(sorry for off topic but this topic actually interest me, as I still hope this "stuttering" will be "fixed".)

Of course someone is saying that :D
But I think you can differentiate in some situations.

Let's try this view, "more atmospheric" with a tournament background, no?
(sorry for off topic but this topic actually interest me, as I still hope this "stuttering" will be "fixed".)
I know, I get you. I'm just being "that guy." :).

Ashesfall

Jealousy, the first emotion I have.
Man I should buy the game just to support this great work they do lately.
(I won't play the game tho :D)

If M. Bison isn't a charge character in SF6 anymore, I give the franchise a new try.
The graphic also needs to look really nice, I am kinda disappointed by SF5.
Wished SF5 would look more like DBZ.
(I really dislike the charge mechanic to a point, I skip the entire franchise, so stupid, "let me take a shit, before I do my move" ... no, I don't want to see M.Bison sit all the time, he should stand like a real BOSS! Such a great idle stance.)

Ashesfall

Bro, what are you talking about?
You know there isn't a big patch while there is a pro-series and a company clash!
Soon we get KP3 and a big overhaul for the variation system.
In fact, there will be new normals, expanded normals and new variation moves.

So relax and believe, like I do. :D

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Man I should buy the game just to support this great work they do lately.
(I won't play the game tho :D)

If M. Bison isn't a charge character in SF6 anymore, I give the franchise a new try.
The graphic also needs to look really nice, I am kinda disappointed by SF5.
Wished SF5 would look more like DBZ.
(I really dislike the charge mechanic to a point, I skip the entire franchise, so stupid, "let me take a shit, before I do my move" ... no, I don't want to see M.Bison sit all the time, he should stand like a real BOSS! Such a great idle stance.)
I don't see a reason to skip the entire franchise because you don't like the charge mechanic. The majority of the characters don't use it at all. Also, Bison will absolutely be a charge character for eternity. Changing him from that would be like changing the notation for a DP or something. Capcom cares about legacy. If NRS built off MK9 instead of starting fresh each time, we'd have an amazing fucking game to play currently.

craftycheese

Bro, what are you talking about?
You know there isn't a big patch while there is a pro-series and a company clash!
Soon we get KP3 and a big overhaul for the variation system.
In fact, there will be new normals, expanded normals and new variation moves.

So relax and believe, like I do. :D
Are you.... Are you talking to yourself?? Lol

craftycheese

Never played a SF in my entire life. Worth getting into SFV as a total noob?
SFV was the first street fighter game I took seriously, and I've picked it back up again after like a3-4 year break, so I would say yes. It's a little more new player friendly than the previous games but still familiar enough to the older games to where if you did play or want to play them, you won't be totally lost

Last edited:

Ashesfall

I don't see a reason to skip the entire franchise because you don't like the charge mechanic. The majority of the characters don't use it at all. Also, Bison will absolutely be a charge character for eternity. Changing him from that would be like changing the notation for a DP or something. Capcom cares about legacy. If NRS built off MK9 instead of starting fresh each time, we'd have an amazing fucking game to play currently.
Sadly I am a loyal player to a fighter a really like in a franchise, and M.Bison is just the one to me.
The badass aura he shines, is stunning to me, unreached. His smile makes me smile.
(We should play games to smile anyways :D)

I like to master that one character to the best possible way I play.
(But to be honest, I still have a hidden hope for Tekken x SF, where they don't use a charge mechanic at all.)

@craftycheese
"We are many" - What are you talking about? :D

A final thought: MK9 for its generation despite its flaws was a game you could play forever if there never was another one. MK Deception did it for the PS2 era and MK2 for the classic era. MK11 had the potential to be the best, since it ticks off a lot of boxes, but in the end fails to be diverse and fun enough as well as lacking the amount of content to keep it interesting. Also little things would've gone a long way like Cary Tagawa announcer - how in the world did they not do this, it's almost like they did it on purpose to piss us off - classic music / theme, more classic moves, secret stage fatalities, more customisation options like mask off, glasses off, skins from story mode etc.

A final thought: MK9 for its generation despite its flaws was a game you could play forever if there never was another one. MK Deception did it for the PS2 era and MK2 for the classic era. MK11 had the potential to be the best, since it ticks off a lot of boxes, but in the end fails to be diverse and fun enough as well as lacking the amount of content to keep it interesting. Also little things would've gone a long way like Cary Tagawa announcer - how in the world did they not do this, it's almost like they did it on purpose to piss us off - classic music / theme, more classic moves, secret stage fatalities, more customisation options like mask off, glasses off, skins from story mode etc.
Curious: How do you feel the game is lacking in content? Skins from Story Mode are already in the game for every character.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
MK11 has tons of content. To argue otherwise is silly.

If you don't like the fighting system that's fine. It's different than previous games and I understand and agree with some of the criticism. You can say you're bored with the game and no one can argue with that (I haven't played much lately myself).

But you can't come at MK11 for not having content. Between the story mode (and expansion!), the ongoing towers, the specific character towers, the gear, the krypt, arcade endings for every character, and a massive roster, MK11's cup is overflowing. You can't say this was an incomplete game like SFV was at launch.

If you don't like the content, fine. But it's there, which is not something every other fighting game can say.

Another massive balance update to Street Fighter 5 by Capcom.
I don't think you can compare the two games/teams/companies.

I've always figured that Capcom tend to do this because they only really have this as their premiere fighter. Especially now with MvCi as good as forgotten. SFV has been out since 2016, if they don't do something with it regularly they've got no cashflow from the game for the 4-5years till the next one. So it tends to get some rather big updates around the 2 & 4 year mark. SFIV was similar.

NRS doesn't have that same situation given their 2year cycle. Even if nothing happens since release, +2yrs and they have a new game out... Except this time. Not to mention that NRS games sell big time.

Also i don't think you can compare that SFV just got a huge update 5yrs into it's life and MK hasn't got one at 2 yrs (although we did get Ultimate). We know plans changed and season 5 wasn't intended to happen. Kudos to them for doing it, but things could have been completely different as well. Compare SFV at 2 yrs and it had 28 characters, as far as i'm aware heavily criticised by much of it's players, and netcode that people complained about (and still do).

Just my 2c.

As fans we shouldn’t care about any of that, we know SF5 at least was going to be supported for much longer and all I can say is I rather have a game starts off low on content and gradually adds more then what NRS did with MK11 after KP1. It just dropped everything at once afterwards. There’s also the fact that SF5 stages really have a variety and even in year 5 we get new ones. MK11 might have a lot but it just is a lot of copy paste.