What's new

Question - Kano WHAT KIND OF CHANGES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE TO KANO IN KP2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I thought of a buff.

In cutthroat, can db1 put him in a crouching state mid way through the animation? This would get him around some high projectiles.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Muahahahaha :joker:

I didn't say he would, that's a given, but she has to hold them a lot more than most other characters. Kano won't eventually walk himself to the corner if he's approaching the matchup right. Any time you're close enough to compete in neutral he's going to make sure you understand he can compete with you, and your furthest normal leads to a string that puts you at at least -6 despite your options anyway. No matter what option you choose from that string you're at disadvantage at that point, B12 is -6, B12~special is unsafe and B124 puts you back to the position you don't want to be at. She's only scary IF she can even get close enough to open you up.

True, but we did play at least one set at yours and although you were approaching it better in neutral you were still losing.

But we haven't played it in a while lol. Cassie doesn't hit harder than Kano, she gets outdamaged by him anywhere but in the corner where she rarely gets to put him. You're looking at her tools in a vacuum rather than in terms of practicality, from playing the matchup more than a few times you should know 99% of the time she doesn't get close enough to put those 50/50s into practice. Kano having better control of the pace of the match is a reason I feel he wins it. Like Saltshaker says, I feel comfortable enough as Cybernetic against Cassie that I would have no problem picking him over anyone for that matchup (as well as some other matchups).

I see it that the Cassie and D'Vorah matchups are pretty similar in how they play out: both characters have a similar contention with Kano in neutral and a similar lack of effective anti-zoning tools. The differences are that D'Vorah actually outdamages me, her 50/50s have more range, she has better pressure and her 50/50s are safe too without needing meter. And I currently see that matchup as 5-5 so you can understand why I feel he beats Cassie lol. Edit: Although now looking at the tools D'Vorah has holy shit...maybe Honeybee's right that he might lose. Oh well hahaha
But if the reason Kano wins is because he can sit back and throw knives and Cassie has to just deal with it, he's going to have to walk back since it doesn't take long at all for Cassie to get in. Obviously that'll take him straight to the corner unless he comes to play footsies with Cassie, which is what she wants. -6 or -7 doesn't mean the end of my turn when your fastest normal is 8 frames and I have a safe, armoured, launching flip.

We haven't played it in a while, and I don't play any more so god knows if we'll ever get to play it again at a decent level lol. The reason I said Cassie hits harder than Kano is because she gets to finish her combos into nut punch to get rid of oki and have a mixup or guarenteed 13% chip for a bar or keep up the pressure which in my opinion is much scarier than a little bit more damage and resetting the neutral and a few % of chip with knives because I'd be fullscreen. She does get to put the 50/50's into practice, after a successful B124 she's +1 and if Kano respects her option to D3 or flip because he doesn't want to risk armouring or poking then she's not going to do another b12, she's going to do a 50/50. As a Cassie player, I don't feel like in a tournement I'd panic if somebody chose Cybernetic.

Cassies F3 most likely outranges D'vorahs B1 by an insignificant amount (haven't tested, going by memory lol) and Cassie's D+F1 probably has a little less range than D'vorah's F2 - pretty similar 50/50's if you ask me. But anyway, I think you should be looking at each matchup as its own thing. I can definitely see why you think that D'vorah goes pretty even with Cybernetic. But I'm not a D'vorah main lol.

Muahahahaha :joker:

I didn't say he would, that's a given, but she has to hold them a lot more than most other characters. Kano won't eventually walk himself to the corner if he's approaching the matchup right. Any time you're close enough to compete in neutral he's going to make sure you understand he can compete with you, and your furthest normal leads to a string that puts you at at least -6 despite your options anyway. No matter what option you choose from that string you're at disadvantage at that point, B12 is -6, B12~special is unsafe and B124 puts you back to the position you don't want to be at. She's only scary IF she can even get close enough to open you up.

True, but we did play at least one set at yours and although you were approaching it better in neutral you were still losing.

But we haven't played it in a while lol. Cassie doesn't hit harder than Kano, she gets outdamaged by him anywhere but in the corner where she rarely gets to put him. You're looking at her tools in a vacuum rather than in terms of practicality, from playing the matchup more than a few times you should know 99% of the time she doesn't get close enough to put those 50/50s into practice. Kano having better control of the pace of the match is a reason I feel he wins it. Like Saltshaker says, I feel comfortable enough as Cybernetic against Cassie that I would have no problem picking him over anyone for that matchup (as well as some other matchups).

I see it that the Cassie and D'Vorah matchups are pretty similar in how they play out: both characters have a similar contention with Kano in neutral and a similar lack of effective anti-zoning tools. The differences are that D'Vorah actually outdamages me, her 50/50s have more range, she has better pressure and her 50/50s are safe too without needing meter. And I currently see that matchup as 5-5 so you can understand why I feel he beats Cassie lol. Edit: Although now looking at the tools D'Vorah has holy shit...maybe Honeybee's right that he might lose. Oh well hahaha
I can't text all that i would like to say since im at work but i can argue this mu all day and i strongly believe that kano beats liu and also could potentially be one of his worst mus. I also could argue that maybe the kano players aren't playing the mu correctly especially if they're letting the liu player outzone them and controlling the space.

I have a better response about my beliefs on the mu in the liu kang thread titled "Liu bad match ups" or something similar...

I'll tag u. Im always up fo discussion

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I can't text all that i would like to say since im at work but i can argue this mu all day and i strongly believe that kano beats liu and also could potentially be one of his worst mus. I also could argue that maybe the kano players aren't playing the mu correctly especially if they're letting the liu player outzone them and controlling the space.

I have a better response about my beliefs on the mu in the liu kang thread titled "Liu bad match ups" or something similar...

I'll tag u. Im always up fo discussion
but what does kano do once kang gets in? Zoning should rarely be a reason why you lose a MU in MKX. Zoning is a temporary limitation and is NOT a deciding factor in MKX. Cyber doesn't really outzone anyone...his knives just make his footsies better.

The same is true for kang

I definitely agree with most of the Commando buffs that are being recommended. Whiff issues with cmd grabs, mb knives not hitting mid, no practical combo damage (I like the idea of ex ball having more adv the on-hit cancel), parry inconsistencies, no useful tick throws...the dude is a mess right now.

Edit: and choke being negative on hit, upball and straight ball having no priority...sigh...

Last edited:
but what does kano do once kang gets in? Zoning should rarely be a reason why you lose a MU in MKX. Zoning is a temporary limitation and is NOT a deciding factor in MKX. Cyber doesn't really outzone anyone...his knives just make his footsies better.

The same is true for kang
Liu can pressure every character in the game but that too doesn't determine a mu either. Kano takes away liu"s main focus and that is space control. Also keep in mind that even if the liu player is putting pressure on kano, we (liu player) have to worry about the backdash and his 6fr ball so it isn't like we can just lock him down.

Kano wants that space and liu wants in kano's face. As far as the zoning goes, yea sure liu wins in the damage aspect but liu will still lose the trade considering the fact that we would still be taking more damage since kano can recover quicker thn liu so it will give kano time to block while liu is taking the full damage.

Personally i don't have any troubles in the mu but im also speaking from an evolving meta. It could be 5-5 at the least but if anyone would win, its kano free imo.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Liu can pressure every character in the game but that too doesn't determine a mu either. Kano takes away liu"s main focus and that is space control. Also keep in mind that even if the liu player is putting pressure on kano, we (liu player) have to worry about the backdash and his 6fr ball so it isn't like we can just lock him down.

Kano wants that space and liu wants in kano's face. As far as the zoning goes, yea sure liu wins in the damage aspect but liu will still lose the trade considering the fact that we would still be taking more damage since kano can recover quicker thn liu so it will give kano time to block while liu is taking the full damage.

Personally i don't have any troubles in the mu but im also speaking from an evolving meta. It could be 5-5 at the least but if anyone would win, its kano free imo.
if anyone would win, its kang free...i'm talking from an evolving meta.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
No variation of Kano beats any variation of Liu Kang in MKX.

Maybe you guys are talking about some game I haven't played yet.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Not too sure, been a while since I last played it, but I reckon rockets might just be a liiiiiiiiiiittle too slow to counterzone effectively.
That's why I said be smart about missile placement. Cassie can close in on Kano then at a certain distance missiles coming down might be a threat in neutral. Also if she can spend a bar for ex missiles that'll give her an in. I don't think this MU would be easy but maybe manageable.

My mu numbers aren't based on sets but more so the meta vs meta. I personally do well against kano but that doesn't mean kano automatically loses the mu...

A great example would be back in injustice when i would get bodied by the Solomon Grundy :DOGE

@AK L0rdoftheFLY

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
i strongly believe that kano beats liu and also could potentially be one of his worst mus.
Personally i don't have any troubles in the mu but im also speaking from an evolving meta.
you just said you don't lose to kano
So you strongly believe Liu koses to Kano, and that it could be one of his worst MUs, but you have no problems in the MU?? Lol.

Not saying I know this MU well, just that your statements contradict each other. Usually "one of his worst MUs" means there's some sort of uphill battle. Not "well I have no issues and kick these Kano's asses" lol.

So you strongly believe Liu koses to Kano, and that it could be one of his worst MUs, but you have no problems in the MU?? Lol.

Not saying I know this MU well, just that your statements contradict each other. Usually "one of his worst MUs" means there's some sort of uphill battle. Not "well I have no issues and kick these Kano's asses" lol.
My numbers are not based purely on sets bruh lol...

If thats the case thn i can say grundy beats nightwing back in injustice :DOGE

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Not too sure, been a while since I last played it, but I reckon rockets might just be a liiiiiiiiiiittle too slow to counterzone effectively.

No this is one I've played quite a bit, he definitely does go even. F1B2 (even when cancelled into most stuff) and F2 are unsafe, making it a giant risk for him to just throw those out in neutral. Kotal cannot punish knives from the range you'd be throwing them at so I don't think that's really a problem. His lack of quick armour in War/Sun God is abusable because you can break it with 11. He can also raw up ball through some ex pizza blockstrings I'm sure. His walkspeed does help against his zoning Though he does outdamage you if he touches you, Kanos neutral along with Kotals lack of fast enough armoured wakeups, lack of unfuzziable mixup options and lack of effective anti/counter-zoning means Kano just doesn't lose. At least in my opinion. Pretty even.

Kano doesn't win the zoning war. Seriously. Play any competent Kang player who knows the matchup and you will find yourself outzoned. All he needs to do is block one knife or get one fireball out and it'll begin. Speed is irrelevant because at full screen it will take longer for knives to reach him and his projectiles outdamage yours. Cybernetic does not have an advantage over Liu Kang from anywhere on the screen. Kano still doesn't outspace Liu Kang, his backdash and knives are not going to shut Liu Kang down, especially when he has his own anti-zoning tools to catch you trying that. Liu Kang's walkspeed makes it harder for Kano to reach him effectively in neutral, this is something I've said a bunch of times now. Maybe your Lius are being too aggressive.

You being able to bait the roll is a completely arbitrary point. You can bait any move, doesn't mean they're going to throw it out all the time. Unfortunately that point is irrelevant because smart players don't do that much. B12 is not reactable though so it being low profileable is only going to be a problem if the opponent is making themselves easy to read. Plus the risk reward isn't in your favour here because if you throw out a D4 and it whiffs you're eating a full combo. Him outzoning her is irrelevant, Mileenas should not be trying to outzone you in the first place. This is why I'm feeling your opponents just don't know the matchup well enough. Roll still low profiles knives whether you can bait it or not, and because the risk reward is in her favour it's not worth trying to zone her and because she shuts down that part of your game (alongside the other advantages she has) Cybernetic does not beat her in my opinion.

Yes him going for divekick is risky, but the risk reward is in his favour which is why he would use it in the first place. I'm not saying he should be throwing it out every time he jumps but the point is to make you afraid to anti-air, which a good Kung Lao player will. As I said, he shuts down two of Cybernetic's main best areas, and beats him in several other areas like how he outdamages Cyber and does better up close because of his pressure.
Lets agree to disagree because we are going nowhere lol we have been saying the same things for like 4 posts now.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
My numbers are not based purely on sets bruh lol...

If thats the case thn i can say grundy beats nightwing back in injustice :DOGE
Gonna play this MU this weekend so I can comment better, I'm not too familiar with it.

Speaking of Injustice, I would typically break even against Grundy with Raven even though it was supposed to be the 2nd worst MU. Maybe Grundy's charts were all wrong. :eek: