What's new

What is your opinion on Kabal after watching this video?

Should Kabal be banned?

• Yes.

Votes: 59 50.9%
  • No.

Votes: 57 49.1%

• Total voters

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I just finished testing this and out of the 8 times I tested it player 1 won 6 out of 8 times...I guess it's random but it seems geared towards the favor of player one.

Edit: Now Sub-Zero won all three rounds lol. I guess it is random haha.
who did you use vs Sub? lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If you're gonna list pros and cons of a glitch, then list of all them or don't bother. You only listed the pros of the Kabal glitch and then listed cons of glitches for others.

No way to fight back? Learn to throw break. Stay out of the corner when you're low on life. These are options you have to prevent this glitch form even happening. Man, sometimes I feel like I'm the only player that thinks outside the box.
I'm talking once the glitch has happened. Sure you can break the throw... or not be in the corner, but you're not always gonna land that way out.

At least with something like an invisibility, damage boost, or damage reset glitches you still have that slim chance of a comeback b/c... wait for it...

YOU CAN ACTUALLY STILL HIT YOUR OPPONENT.

It's w/e, think want you want, but the glitch IMO should be banned.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Scorpion...I fail to see the relevance:p. I just picked the first characters they give you to speed up the process.
Well, I was gonna come up with a crazy theory that the character closer to the top wins... but you picked scorpion, so nvm. lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
LBSH, until players like STRYKIE (or whoever) can win tournaments using this glitch, it does not warrant a ban.
Yeah you're right, I'm too busy winning matchups in my favor to care about exploiting a glitch or perpetuating an infinite that preys on weasels that don't know any better about hitstun or cancel advantage. (which sadly, is 9/10 players in the community)

Lol at trying to put this glitch in the same boat as the resets. I must've missed the part where resets immediately guarantee I win the match. Nothing, in no MK game ever, has ever had an asset of that magnitude. But hey, if all Kabal, Skarlet and Raiden players are gonna do from now on is burn all their meter to push me against the corner, by all means, let it be LOL.

Also, if this works how I think it works, Scorpion might be able to do this midscreen. Just sayin.

Konqrr - we can't say the sure how the round would proceed if they didn't exploit the glitch (stage positioning, meter etc.). If it was UMK3 or something, sure, since the next round would default everything. But there's no other indisputable decision other than to DQ them and give the other player game point imo.

I'd much rather play against a Cyrax deprived of his resets, but can do this corner glitch, than the current Cyrax with resets.

astronout

see you at the top.
I can not believe there is even an argument as to whether this glitch should be banned. let me put it this way, if this glitch is assimilated into competitive play, the community will be shoveling even more dirt on its inevitable casket.

LBSH who the fuck is going to pull this shit off in a tournament. You can only use it when your oppoen is at or below 12% health and in the corner.

Besides, if a Kabal player ever does that to you just tackle him so he can't hold block and you'll be fine for the next round.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I can not believe there is even an argument as to whether this glitch should be banned. let me put it this way, if this glitch is assimilated into competitive play, the community will be shoveling even more dirt on its inevitable casket.
No argument is not if banning the glitch or not but if they should ban ghe glitch or the char....I voted ban the char btw.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's a very obvious glitch to activate.

Just ban it.

MK motto 101 - Deal with it or run to another game. Been this way since the beginning for the OG players of the series. Patches are for scrubs. There's ways around it.
Pretty much. Way worse things have happened.
And unlike the accidental possibilities of a Smoke Parry glitch, this has to be blatant in order for it to work.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Here's your loophole:

Kabal round glitch banned -> Cause - glitch that affects gameplay. Effects are below:
Cyrax damage resets now banned
Smoke damage resets now banned
Smoke parry glitch now banned
Jax damage resets now banned
Skarlet round glitch now banned
Shang Tsung sloul steal glitch now banned
Etc.

If the sole reason for having one of Kabal's tactics be banned is identified for as a "glitch that affects gameplay". Then you must ban all other glitches in the game to keep the rule set consistent and not a sloppy, selective, loophole of a game.

Have fun handing out your "Glitches Banned" pamphlets at tournaments and monitoring every match. This kind of silly approach is what killed games like MK:D, MK:A, and etc.

its not solely because it affects gameplay, its because should u pull this glitch off, the other player might as well put their controller down and walk away and not even play the second round, it would make the entire point of Round 2 moot. Anything that would make it pointless to continue playing the match, when under normal circumstances u could still have a chance to make a combeback and win, should not be allowed use in tournaments.

PrideOfBotswana

Death by snot balls.
The glitch is pretty shitty, but it's so situational I don't think it deserves a ban. Just avoid the corner at all costs now. haha

Invincible to all attacks?

Freddy was only invincible to projectiles pre-patch, and you fools banned him in a heartbeat.

I am waiting for REO, who was one of the players to ask for Freddy's ban, to explain his hypocrisy in this thread.
I have a theory: Freddy is a guest fighter, Kabal is not. =(

Or perhaps: Kabal is too precious to ban.

But these are mere theories; I will wait for a real explanation.