What's new

What is the current tier list for IGAU as of 7/23/2013?

Thank goodness its only in your opinion. But joking aside I will check the thread before discrediting it. Good old blocking charge and delayed ex missile or trait gatlin spamming. Plus better normals.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Black Adam

Just my opinion, don't shit the bed just because I think bats is #1.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
That's such a vague and subjective-sounding statement I don't even really know what you mean.

Let me make it clear. She has downfalls and she's not nearly as good as she was at launch, but she still has amazing tools and she's still better than most of the cast.
She's not better than most of the cast because she's good, its because they're bad. You slide in; if you d1 it gets stuffed, they start their pressure. if you backdash they get a free jump-in into combo or pressure depending on the range of the attack. if you block you get pressured and most likely won't be able to even counterpoke because she has no normals. Her only tool is a slide and Superman's main tool is f23 can f23 be blown up in every situation. Slide is currently equivalant to people being able to backdash inbetween Green Lanterns b13 string and get a full combo punish

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I despise this mindset. There is definitely no "unwinnable" matchups in this game, and if there are, it is way too early to say so. Plus player skill >>> character. If you're good enough, you can win any matchup. Except maybe Superman, but hey.
Try beating a top Superman w/Ares and see how it isn't so bad. That particular matchup is among the worst in the whole game.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I despise this mindset. There is definitely no "unwinnable" matchups in this game, and if there are, it is way too early to say so. Plus player skill >>> character. If you're good enough, you can win any matchup. Except maybe Superman, but hey.
Play hawkgirl vs Batgirl or Lex vs Sinestro then lmk how that goes.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
She's not better than most of the cast because she's good, its because they're bad.
This is a quintessentially terrible argument. Being labeled "good", "bad", or anything in between in a fighting game is a purely RELATIVE distinction. In other words, a character is only "good" if they can be deemed "good" WITH RESPECT TO the rest of the cast. So, when you write that Frost is "better than most of the cast", you are implicitly admitting that you think she is "good".

Her only tool is a slide
This is simply a preposterous statement with no basis in reality. For starters, she is one of only 3 characters in the game (i think) with an air-dash (her most underrated tool). Secondly, she has a top five d2 and a top 5 f3. Lastly, she is a pure rushdown/50-50 character equipped with decent zoning tools that are too often overlooked. (Her ice daggers are a very viable option in a plethora of match-ups)

regulas

Your Emporer
Black Adam is probably the most overrated character in the game. I'm not a tourney player or anything but my brothers Black Adam was a ridiculously good when we were into Injustice (pre-patch btw). I played Joker vs Black Adam probably more than anyone on the planet, and I never saw the big deal about the divekick and thought it was stupid that everyone wanted it nerfed. It's just a normal divekick, an attack that is + on block when spaced right, and now it's worthless. He has no 50/50 and his zoning is booty. He has no guessing game, and he can't really zone you out so he actually has to land an honest hit unlike Superman and Wonder Woman.
Black Adam is Top 10, not #1 or #2, that's hilarious.
I like this community but it's obvious that most of you don't have much expierience when it comes to fighting games. NRS tried to implement fresh stuff like a divekick or a hardcore zoner and all you hear is bitching until it gets nerfed.
The divekick was just a normal divekick like the Twins have in SF, when it hits low its advantage on block(nerfed), and Deathstroke was just like Sagat with fullscreen frametraps(nerfed).
Full screen combo's, plus high chip damage, plus a general lack of seriously bad-matchups.

I will never comprehend why people think Flash is S tier.
Can someone please explain this to me.
this is why perfect legend thinks he in the top 5:- Best walk speed in the game
- Good dash
- A lot of moves that are adv on block b22, d12, f213(you can duck the second part high and blow him up though if you are fast enough)
MB Sonic pound and MB lightning charge are both + on block too.
- Sonic pound can cross up and be hella ambiguous which also causes a hard knockdown which leads into the same situation. MB Sonic
Pound + trait will give Flash about 60% on hit + a hard knockdown to put you in the same situation.
- Mb Lightning charge is +5 on block but you can duck the 2nd part if you are fast and blow him up. This move pretty much lets Flash
get in for free and now since you are waiting to block this and duck it to punish it. It makes you stop doing anything and he
can just walk his way in. If you are pressing buttons he can lightning charge you from almost full screen and now you have to deal
with sonic pound ambiguous nonsense.
- FLash also has possibly the strongest 50/50 set ups in the whole game. d12 and f2 are unseeable and lead to big damage.
- I forgot to mention b22 can be hit confirmed into sonic pound for 60% too and its + on block so if you mess up thats ok bro you get
another chance!
- FLash can avoid most or probably all interactables by using a well timed speed dodge which makes him invulnerable for a small
amount of time. So cheesing out flash with interactables is tough.
- Flash has one of the best corner games in the game up there with Wonder Woman.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
this is why perfect legend thinks he in the top 5:- Best walk speed in the game
- Good dash
- A lot of moves that are adv on block b22, d12, f213(you can duck the second part high and blow him up though if you are fast enough)
MB Sonic pound and MB lightning charge are both + on block too.
- Sonic pound can cross up and be hella ambiguous which also causes a hard knockdown which leads into the same situation. MB Sonic
Pound + trait will give Flash about 60% on hit + a hard knockdown to put you in the same situation.
- Mb Lightning charge is +5 on block but you can duck the 2nd part if you are fast and blow him up. This move pretty much lets Flash
get in for free and now since you are waiting to block this and duck it to punish it. It makes you stop doing anything and he
can just walk his way in. If you are pressing buttons he can lightning charge you from almost full screen and now you have to deal
with sonic pound ambiguous nonsense.
- FLash also has possibly the strongest 50/50 set ups in the whole game. d12 and f2 are unseeable and lead to big damage.
- I forgot to mention b22 can be hit confirmed into sonic pound for 60% too and its + on block so if you mess up thats ok bro you get
another chance!
- FLash can avoid most or probably all interactables by using a well timed speed dodge which makes him invulnerable for a small
amount of time. So cheesing out flash with interactables is tough.
- Flash has one of the best corner games in the game up there with Wonder Woman.

I don't see how this puts Flash on par with other S tiers like Supes or Bladam.
Even though Flash is undeniably good, his match ups are really bad. Losing out to keep-away and big reach.
This is why I think Flash belongs in mid tier.

I don't see how this puts Flash on par with other S tiers like Supes or Bladam.
Even though Flash is undeniably good, his match ups are really bad. Losing out to keep-away and big reach.
This is why I think Flash belongs in mid tier.
Personally I think hes A+ tier not S. Most people say use his speed dodge for everything but its alot harder to time especially online. They should have given flash an escape to the other side like in mkvsdc I think that would have made him amazing.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Naaaaa.

NW gets ass raped by WWs shield stance, she can shield parry all day for no consequence. Her lasso mobility rips him to pieces too. GA can't jump against WW, can't out zone her, can't out damage her and can't out speed her either.

Lantern is probably even. Shield stance > Raven

Pretty much EVERY post regarding WW in this thread is wrong (and I have explanations and tech etc to prove it). I'm not gonna reply in this thread anymore though, I'm talking to the deaf in this thread.
I said CAN be a pain. Not that she isnt better and cant beat them and its a negative MU for her... its just that they can be annoying.

Yeah I definitely will use SS against raven, I've just never seen Raven since launch, when I used to see her all the time.