What's new

What is the current state of Bane?

Where does Bane stand?

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
His counterpoking is bad because he can just activate level 1 or 2 venom and counterpoke with armor. This character would be so incredibly broken if he functioned like a normal strong character along with his trait.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
My guess is because he has to work in order to impose his risk/reward game onto his opponent, but his risk/reward may or may not be sort of whack :p

To be fair, I'm mostly talking shit right now too.
I agree, while characters like flash lands a good jump in into a 50/50 that might do 50%ish damage into corner carry into oki.

Welcome to ur new home friend

Wetdoba

All too easy...
His counterpoking is bad because he can just activate level 1 or 2 venom and counterpoke with armor. This character would be so incredibly broken if he functioned like a normal strong character along with his trait.
Nah its pretty ridiculous being forced to use a standing reversal to take my turn when its my turn. Its like if Gief had to either do command grab or lariat to establish his turn and just didnt have a crouch jab.

Like the risk reward on just raw DP or raw command grab is not good, it has to be used on reads sparingly, you cant be expected to make that read everytime just to take your turn.

Cursa

Nah its pretty ridiculous being forced to use a standing reversal to take my turn when its my turn. Its like if Gief had to either do command grab or lariat to establish his turn and just didnt have a crouch jab.

Like the risk reward on just raw DP or raw command grab is not good, it has to be used on reads sparingly, you cant be expected to make that read everytime just to take your turn.
The tradeoff is that he can press buttons out of negative frames though with armour. He can be -6 and continue his pressure, and although all his special moves are pretty unsafe, most of his strings are quite safe or are able to be tick-thrown.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The tradeoff is that he can press buttons out of negative frames though with armour. He can be -6 and continue his pressure, and although all his special moves are pretty unsafe, most of his strings are quite safe or are able to be tick-thrown.
Thats true but having to commit to a minus -30 raw specials on reads is not a tournament viable strategy in any game, even if it is a mix, especially when theres universal mb b3s. And its not like the risk reward is even anyway, Bane gets about 12-16% meterless depending on the venom level and it costs about half of that level just to watch the animation vs 40%+ punish if they spend a bar and then Bane either has to use his venom while being hit or eat the extra debuff damage.

Banes armor is best used to blow up known gaps in pressure and anti air etc on reaction when there isnt the same risk of being blown up, just like any standing reversal in any game. Having to counter poke with reversals is no good, its like trying to DP someone because you think they will jab on your plus frames l, all they have to do is bait once and then you get the equivalent if crush counter punished into 40% plus everything that comes afterwards. All it takes is one bad DP to throw away an entire game, he cant just be forced to do that. Give mid plz

Cursa

Thats true but having to commit to a minus -30 raw specials on reads is not a tournament viable strategy in any game, even if it is a mix, especially when theres universal mb b3s. And its not like the risk reward is even anyway, Bane gets about 12-16% meterless depending on the venom level and it costs about half of that level just to watch the animation vs 40%+ punish if they spend a bar and then Bane either has to use his venom while being hit or eat the extra debuff damage.

Banes armor is best used to blow up known gaps in pressure and anti air etc on reaction when there isnt the same risk of being blown up, just like any standing reversal in any game. Having to counter poke with reversals is no good, its like trying to DP someone because you think they will jab on your plus frames l, all they have to do is bait once and then you get the equivalent if crush counter punished into 40% plus everything that comes afterwards. All it takes is one bad DP to throw away an entire game, he cant just be forced to do that. Give mid plz
The only thing he might need is a mid move that allows him to at least CHALLENGE some negative pressure but he shouldn't be able to get a whole lot off it, if anything. I think he's fine where he is, it's not like he's trash tier or anything, he's just pretty risky to use.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The only thing he might need is a mid move that allows him to at least CHALLENGE some negative pressure but he shouldn't be able to get a whole lot off it, if anything. I think he's fine where he is, it's not like he's trash tier or anything, he's just pretty risky to use.
Yeah just make S2 faster, 223 is mid mid mid with no tick throw hits and 223 is unsafe, just something to check people with

Cursa

Snow globe makes no difference to bane because he is already -20 on nearly all his specials, now he's just -40 :DOGE

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Bane actually does alright against Cold. It can be difficult adjusting to Ice Puddle ignoring projectile immunity at first, but once Bane does it's not so bad.

Batman, Red Hood, and Beetle are three of his three most problematic MU's, IMO.

Parasurama

Dragon
Bane actually does alright against Cold. It can be difficult adjusting to Ice Puddle ignoring projectile immunity at first, but once Bane does it's not so bad.

Batman, Red Hood, and Beetle are three of his three most problematic MU's, IMO.
Not Superman? Batman should be easy to break :)

Cursa

Bane can deal with J2 alright since he has armour, but it's still kind of rough. Counter poking with armour is risky if he has bats out, and just becomes riskier the more he has.

Not mentioning how Bane does get zoned out by Batman and therefore pretty much always has meter to do his restand shenanigans. Doesn't MB Beatarang hit twice also?

Nothing more fun than air grabbing a batman who does a string into JI2 tho

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Bane can deal with J2 alright since he has armour, but it's still kind of rough. Counter poking with armour is risky if he has bats out, and just becomes riskier the more he has.

Not mentioning how Bane does get zoned out by Batman and therefore pretty much always has meter to do his restand shenanigans. Doesn't MB Beatarang hit twice also?
I mean from canon... Batman should struggle with Bane.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Superman can be surprisingly manageable for Bane, despite his armor breaking trait. I still think it is a losing MU for him, but Superman can be bodied on knockdown. If he can't get up, he can't activate trait.

The learning curve on this MU is definitely steep, however. A lot of Bane's MU's have steep learning curves.

Cursa

Superman can be surprisingly manageable for Bane, despite his armor breaking trait. I still think it is a losing MU for him, but Superman can be bodied on knockdown. If he can't get up, he can't activate trait.

The learning curve on this MU is definitely steep, however. A lot of Bane's MU's have steep learning curves.
Yea it's pretty bad on paper if you put 2 and 2 together with each of their traits but it's not Batman bad.

Pretty sure rising grab causes bane bomb to whiff sometimes tho, but then I guess the solution is to just not grab as a meaty.

Does everyone also get the privilege of being able to D1 superman on wakeup for free or is it matchup specific?

Cursa

Y'know once you get to learn where all the gaps in everything are you can seriously meme on some randoms in ranked.