What's new

What is the current state of Bane?

Where does Bane stand?

• Total voters

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Bane isn't bad lol
But Cheetah is?

Either way I disagree I think he's balls, bottom 5 easy.
Too many terrible MUs and his only "pro" is being able to armor gaps with venom. Mixups are all slow, risky and MB b3 blows up all options straight up.
Half the game's strings are unthrowable and the throw does trash damage now, trait reset glitch is still there so thats another issue.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Pros
•High Damage
•Solid Anti-Air Options
•Good oki
•Great mix
•Trait
•Least meter intensive grappler in the game
•Decent forward dash/back dash

Cons
•Stubby buttons outside of D1/B1
•One of the worst counter poke metas in the game on defense (if you block barely negative stuff as Bane get ready to eat pokes, hope you got that armor ready)
•The HEAVIEST read character in the whole game
•Difficult to play
•Absolutely destroyed by high mobility.
•Fairly unsafe.

Basically, I think Bane is...alright, but in this patch he's easily low tier. Why play Bane when there are way better rushdown characters with better matchup charts and better tools. Dont get me wrong, Bane does lend himself to doing some STUPID shit when he gets going but as the meta naturally progresses towards characters who can play the neutral effectively/highly mobile characters, Bane will be left having a hard time dealing with characters that have better buttons or characters that he cant pin down. This is my opinion on it.

Why to pick a fair and balanced character like Bane when the zoning version of Him 'Superman' has better buttons?. In the case of Superman his trait has no weakness unlike Bane.

Bane has no air dash, no projectile... (Grodd, Robin, Canary have one )and his special that serves him to get in gets jumped, if not He's still negative on block... Just look at he other close quarters!. they have actual get in tools. or in the case of Flash that cannot be even zoned at all LMAO.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Pros
•High Damage
•Solid Anti-Air Options
•Good oki
•Great mix
•Trait
•Least meter intensive grappler in the game
•Decent forward dash/back dash

Cons
•Stubby buttons outside of D1/B1
•One of the worst counter poke metas in the game on defense (if you block barely negative stuff as Bane get ready to eat pokes, hope you got that armor ready)
•The HEAVIEST read character in the whole game
•Difficult to play
•Absolutely destroyed by high mobility.
•Fairly unsafe.

Basically, I think Bane is...alright, but in this patch he's easily low tier. Why play Bane when there are way better rushdown characters with better matchup charts and better tools. Dont get me wrong, Bane does lend himself to doing some STUPID shit when he gets going but as the meta naturally progresses towards characters who can play the neutral effectively/highly mobile characters, Bane will be left having a hard time dealing with characters that have better buttons or characters that he cant pin down. This is my opinion on it.
This is pretty accurate. Bane will always have the ability to steamroll a whole lifebar which makes him a threat no matter what but he needs to be more consistant in nuetral to be fully viable. His two biggest weaknesses are the ones you addressed with his counter poking meta forcing him to commit to unsafe armor to stop D1 loops and his nuetral just consists of D1 footsies and anti airs if he doesnt want to commit to yolo special. I think to solve both of these while not making him stupid would just be:

1. Make S2 faster (9 on start up) to give him a mid to counter poke with
2. Make charge safe on block

Bonus: revert command grab damage

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I feel that this is not the primary source of punish-ability of charge, including against characters with good neutral. I'm not sure if that would change a lot.
You still need to be able to mb b3 or jump charge if they do it at the completely wrong time but if only a few frames late on blowing up a projectile I shouldnt be reversal punishable and get hit back to full screen or in some match ups just get straight up full combo punished. This would help in a lot of match ups like Fate, Red Hood, Green Arrow, Subzero, Bladam, Robin, Beetle, Supes, Batman, Darkseid, Starfire, DS, Wonder woman... pretty much anyone whose gameplan is to keep Bane out and can punish charge on block

Last edited:
Lol..... Yeah, you need some Jesus
Supermans trait does crazy damage and eats armor with no debuff penalty,

Cheetah does crazy damage with trait and no debuff penalty,

Flash can do almost 700 damage off a trait combo with no debuff penalty.

Firestorm lolol 500 damage vortex with trait and no debuff

All of them have better normals than Bane all of them can close distance better than Bane. Two of them can also zone half the cast out too.

Edit: I forgot some

Hellboy- 500 damage 1 bar with trait that you can pick (sorry Wonderwoman) No debuff penalty

Raiden- Almost 500 damage off a trait combo that makes most of his moves better no debuff

Last edited:

SamZ

Noob
Why to pick a fair and balanced character like Bane when the zoning version of Him 'Superman' has better buttons?. In the case of Superman his trait has no weakness unlike Bane.

Bane has no air dash, no projectile... (Grodd, Robin, Canary have one )and his special that serves him to get in gets jumped, if not He's still negative on block... Just look at he other close quarters!. they have actual get in tools. or in the case of Flash that cannot be even zoned at all LMAO.
Grodd has an air dash or projectile? Lay off the VENOM.

Grodd has an air dash or projectile? Lay off the VENOM.
Grodd has a full screen mb projectile... no air dash but float/jump mobility. Canary has air and ground mobility(Canary drop, front and flip back flip) so does Robin (descending air sword , trait tele-port /projectile, smart batarang and dive-kick). I forgot to mention that I was referring to the projectile... but Yeah!... I'm not wrong by the way.:DOGE

Last edited:

SamZ

Noob
Grodd has a full screen mb projectile... no air dash but float/jump mobility. Canary has air mobility(Canary drop, front and flip back flip) so does Robin (descending air sword , trait teleport/projectile and divekick). I forgot to mention that I was referring to the projectile... but Yeah!... I'm not wrong by the way.:DOGE
If you think Bane needs adjustments, that's cool. If you over exagerate stuff to make him seem like a worse character than he is, that's weird. Grodd is much cooler than Bane, but Bane is a better character by a mile.

If you think Bane needs adjustments, that's cool. If you over exagerate stuff to make him seem like a worse character than he is, that's weird. Grodd is much cooler than Bane, but Bane is a better character by a mile.
Question?... What I say was a lie?... I'm not lying.. Bane is the hardest character to get in with.... Look!. I am not a Bane player... But I know what he does... I'm not saying that Bane is worse than Grodd. That's debatable... I say that he doesn't have certain needed tools to be truly viable... Just look at hellboy for god's sake... he even make's Grodd obsolete.

CrazyFingers

This is pretty accurate. Bane will always have the ability to steamroll a whole lifebar which makes him a threat no matter what but he needs to be more consistant in nuetral to be fully viable. His two biggest weaknesses are the ones you addressed with his counter poking meta forcing him to commit to unsafe armor to stop D1 loops and his nuetral just consists of D1 footsies and anti airs if he doesnt want to commit to yolo special. I think to solve both of these while not making him stupid would just be:

1. Make S2 faster (9 on start up) to give him a mid to counter poke with
2. Make charge safe on block

Bonus: revert command grab damage
I think S2 being 9f would be enough. Charge being safe, is silly lol.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think S2 being 9f would be enough. Charge being safe, is silly lol.
Nah, using charge at the wrong time will still always get you blown up, i just dont think he should be punished for being a 2-3 frames late on using a 50+ frame move with universal punishers when all other specials are unsafe already. They made flash lightning charge in rms safe and he doesnt struggle against zoning at all so i dont really see a difference

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I think he's ass atm, with his command grab damage nerf, how risky his mixups and how brutal his debuff is in this game he's just not worth the effort.
Plus he has some shit MUs.
It's also funny seeing how many characters outdamage him when that's supposed to be his thing.
Who outdamages Bane? With level 3 trait and two bars of meter he gets nearly 900 damage midscreen on Superman and his combos aren't even close to difficult.

CrazyFingers

Nah, using charge at the wrong time will still always get you blown up, i just dont think he should be punished for being a 2-3 frames late on using a 50+ frame move with universal punishers when all other specials are unsafe already. They made flash lightning charge in rms safe and he doesnt struggle against zoning at all so i dont really see a difference
It's more like he gets a safe on block wakeup for free if you do that with trait