What's new

What is the current state of Bane?

Where does Bane stand?

• Total voters

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I love when people just pump to level 3 in neutral and expect an easy 50% combo or 25% grab
Right?! I'm certainly not the best player, but I feel like I'm too afraid to even go level Three unless I'm in desperation mode or my opponent is so bad they might as well be AFK. I'm gun shy because I've had it happen too many times of maxing out and failing to get the job done, then DYING from a BNB. Everyone keeps bringing up Cheetah. Do you have any idea how much damage her Trait with 112, DB2 MB does to level 3 Sick Bane? Fucking all of it. All of the damage.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Right?! I'm certainly not the best player, but I feel like I'm too afraid to even go level Three unless I'm in desperation mode or my opponent is so bad they might as well be AFK. I'm gun shy because I've had it happen too many times of maxing out and failing to get the job done, then DYING from a BNB. Everyone keeps bringing up Cheetah. Do you have any idea how much damage her Trait with 112, DB2 MB does to level 3 Sick Bane? Fucking all of it. All of the damage.
I get that people bring up him damage output which balances him out, but holy fuck the damage he takes in debuff is actually insane.

Oh, you made the wrong read and I neutral jumped your tick throw and now you're on level 3 debuff? You're probably losing the game on that. Cause if you're on basically anything but full HP, you're going to have to clash, which resets the timer. Assuming you even have clash, if you don't gg I win. Arena transitions? Welcome back to square 1 friend. Super? Yeah don't do drugs kiddo.

Like yeah he does around 70ish% if he does a bounce cancel for 2 bars. How much damage does everyone think HE takes if HE gets hit by a bounce cancel in level 3 debuff, PLUS if it's second healthbar he'll basically have to clash which resets the debuff once again, and then you just bully him to death because what's he going to do. His reversal options out of trait aren't exactly amazing, his fastest move is his S1 which is a high so you can just mash D1 out of anything that's around -2. Like how does this man stop superman from pressing D1 after doing F23xxBreath?

Idk I get he's supposed to be high risk/high reward but jesus christ the reward feels good, but the risk is like HELLA BAD.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I get that people bring up him damage output which balances him out, but holy fuck the damage he takes in debuff is actually insane.

Oh, you made the wrong read and I neutral jumped your tick throw and now you're on level 3 debuff? You're probably losing the game on that. Cause if you're on basically anything but full HP, you're going to have to clash, which resets the timer. Assuming you even have clash, if you don't gg I win. Arena transitions? Welcome back to square 1 friend. Super? Yeah don't do drugs kiddo.

Like yeah he does around 70ish% if he does a bounce cancel for 2 bars. How much damage does everyone think HE takes if HE gets hit by a bounce cancel in level 3 debuff, PLUS if it's second healthbar he'll basically have to clash which resets the debuff once again, and then you just bully him to death because what's he going to do. His reversal options out of trait aren't exactly amazing, his fastest move is his S1 which is a high so you can just mash D1 out of anything that's around -2. Like how does this man stop superman from pressing D1 after doing F23xxBreath?

Idk I get he's supposed to be high risk/high reward but jesus christ the reward feels good, but the risk is like HELLA BAD.
Here here!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
his fastest move is his S1 which is a high so you can just mash D1 out of anything that's around -2.
Considering Bane's speed, you can mash d1 out of anything +2 either as long as Bane doesn't have venom.

I basically don't bother with framedata while playing him because it's either read and armor or you lose anyway.

Last edited:

Cursa

Considering Bane's speed, you can mash d1 out of anything +2 either as long as Bane doesn't have venom.

I basically don't bother with framedata while playing him because it's either read and armor or you lose anyway.
Pretty accurate on that second part, with armour you can pretty much do anything out of -6, and without it you can't do much out of anything +2 (I don't remember the frames on his d2).

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What makes Bane the more unattractive to play as is his bad counter poke game, in MKX my character had the slowest pokes in the game until the very last patch(where he had some of the best lmao), and it was really frustrating not being able to do anything at +2.

Cursa

Bane is like Green Lantern tier wise. Pretty good but might be bottom 5 just because everyone is good. Saying he's bad or balls is preposterous like the character is definitely not bad.
I think most people get this now (I hope). It's not that he's trash, it's more like "Wny play bane when X character exists".

Which is kind of the same problem GL has too. Good at what he does, but not the best.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I like bane dysign, I like fast rushdown characters like doomsday kano reptile necalli makoto cheetah but I still try bane. Even using well venom, some of his MU are hard enough even aginst noobs, I can talk about superman robin batman starfire etc. His poke startup is only 9f and anti air grab and also d2 are 9f that’s mean is hard to anti air and without having a good poke, when bane is under debuff he can’t do anything against characters like supergirl with -1 strings and better poke startups. Debuff stays to much. Run is easy to counter with armor or jump, punish or flash absorb it. Sometimes a good mind game helps you but in many strings opponent can jump easy to escape all option, or risk only a very low damage, jump wors also to escape even 2 bars cancel after b2,3 for example

Cursa

Atom's BF2 and part of his F212 string (I think) are both grab immune. I don't understand why there are some grounded strings that are grab immune, like I think Robin's 212 is also grab immune for the majority of the string. I kind of understand things like Superman's charge before the patch since he's technically airborne but strings like these are just weird

Cursa

And holy shit this man's counter poke game is so weak outside of venom it's ridiculous. Tried to play against a flash just mashing buttons and gotten beaten every time by D1

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
And holy shit this man's counter poke game is so weak outside of venom it's ridiculous. Tried to play against a flash just mashing buttons and gotten beaten every time by D1
I play Wonder Woman too. If I have meter it's counter poke, D1 2, BF3 MB and Bane can't do SHIT.

Cursa

So in a nutshell, Bane is bad (Edit - Not bad, but outclassed) because:

- His counter poking is literal trash, possibly the worst in the game without venom due to not having a mid 6-8 frame move (His fastest is his D2 I believe at 9 frames IIRC).
- Armour and damage is nice for his mix on knockdown (Tick throws for days, able to poke out of -6 using armour) but the opponent getting a good read on a tick throw leads to a full combo, which kind of sucks considering his command grab doesn't really do a whole lot of damage to begin with.
- INSANELY high risk/high reward, probably the most out of the whole cast, while other rushdown characters such as flash/catwoman/robin do slightly less damage but have stagger pressure/ Overhead/lows/ cross ups, better counter zoning (Armoured charge is not a reliable option at all), and are safe, sometimes plus, on nearly all their mix.
- Stubby limbs/doesn't have a solid mid. Robin has pretty much whatever he wants, cat woman has B2 (?) and J2, even flash has B22 which is probably better than anything Bane really has.
- Uh, drugs are bad?

Edit 2 - His D2 is actually 12 frames. His fastest non-high poke is actually his D1 at 11 frames. Nice.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Bane is pretty good, once he gets his stuff going, it can be pretty damn overwhelming, he’s just gotta work a good bit for it sometimes. But he definitely has his weaknesses, I wouldn’t see Bane as a bottom character though.

Cursa

He's just kind of eh when compared to other rushdown characters I think

Cursa

I think so too, he isn’t a bad character though. He’s not down there with Grodd, Cold, or Raiden
Yea not sure if I would buff him or even nerf other characters that are better than him. I say he's worse but it's more that comparable characters just have slightly better or more tools.

I'm in the camp of "Let's not buff the dude who's trait gives him armoured specials/grabs, damage buffs, and damage resistance".

But as the same time I wouldn't want to nerf a character who might be better than him. Nerfs to other rushdown characters like flash or robin don't need them I think.

So in other words I am just talking shit