What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Gurpwnder It's the same game where people are spitting fire out of their mouths and teleporting behind you. Logic kind of gets thrown out the window

I didn't question logic like that though. It's expected for the big lugs like Gief and Hawk have stronger single strikes than the mid-weights, like Ryu and Ken. Is it that far-fetched to expect that the featherweights do slightly lower damage per single strike? They can still put a lot of attacks together in a combo, and their attacks are still very safe and useful.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I didn't question logic like that though. It's expected for the big lugs like Gief and Hawk have stronger single strikes than the mid-weights, like Ryu and Ken. Is it that far-fetched to expect that the featherweights do slightly lower damage per single strike? They can still put a lot of attacks together in a combo, and their attacks are still very safe and useful.
Yeah, because then the big chars would never lose and it would make fighting games predictable. Once you see a big guy, you know he would do high damage and smaller chars would do low. Plus the smaller chars would have to be combo machines, you get my point. I like the fact some big chars can be fast and do low damage, or vice versa.

And most small chars do in fact do less damage than the heavyweights

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Yeah, because then the big chars would never lose and it would make fighting games predictable. Once you see a big guy, you know he would do high damage and smaller chars would do low. Plus the smaller chars would have to be combo machines, you get my point. I like the fact some big chars can be fast and do low damage, or vice versa.

And most small chars do in fact do less damage than the heavyweights

Iunno then, guess it's just a nitpick I have with the game. I find it weird that Sakura's far HP does 110 damage, but Balrog (Boxer) has one that only does 100.

Outside of the weight-class / damage nitpick, I actually find SSF4AE2012 quite enjoyable. With Dan, I never feel that I'm at a large disadvantage right from the character select screen. My biggest concern is that they over-buff current sleeper characters. Hell, I don't really feel that Dan needs many buffs either, outside of his KRK launching a bit further to work as intended.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
Applying that logic to the rest of the cast:
-Dan should have 250 health
-Zangief should be able to grab you out of the air
-Gen should take constant damage from his cancer (or whatever the hell disease he has)

Applying real world logic to video games for balance isn't always a good thing.
Soooo whats up with the Vagina Tax in SF4 then

Neclord

Noob
Features:
  1. Color Customization (but no neon colors and no color changes for the skin)
  2. New Team Mode (where your teammate gets in when your character is defeated, game is won if all opponents are down)
  3. Second Super to choose from
  4. Scramble Mode
  5. Online Traning Mode
Character:
  • Rainbow Mika

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Features:
  1. Color Customization (but no neon colors and no color changes for the skin)
  2. New Team Mode (where your teammate gets in when your character is defeated, game is won if all opponents are down)
  3. Second Super to choose from
  4. Scramble Mode
  5. Online Traning Mode
Character:
  • Rainbow Mika
I would like to see all of these additions

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Lulz, that's just cannibalizing X Tekken then. Oh well, if they already took away the unique Street Fighter characters (Hugo, Elena, Poison, Rolento), the game's probably dead to Capcom.

Still, I liked Paul Phoenix, he was a cool character.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
There are several reasons why SFxT died so quickly. It was a good idea, terribly executed. Players knew the gems would be a problem and Capcom blindly acknowledged it and went forward anyway, saying gems were MEANT to be part of tournaments. And that's only a quarter of the problem.

Don't want to derail the thread but I like Neclord's ideas. Games that are unrelated to each other steal each others ideas for modes and training ideas all the time, it doesn't have to be SFxT to have said modes

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Yeah, the DLC fiasco and timeout issue probably scared away many viewers. It's funny, this game made several nods to Capcom fans that other games didn't (Bison's 'Tuesday' taunt, Ken's tuxedo alternate, Ken's Shippu Jinraikyaku coming back, etc.), but the game wasn't well received by many of them.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Nobody is denying it didn't have cool things in it, it's just an incredibly shitty tournament game. It's fun to get drunk and play w/your friends but way too many errors not being addressed

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Which new character do you feel has the potential to become a top tier?

I feel that Hugo is the character that could end up as shit tier, or top tier. Out of all the grapplers, Hugo has some of the more interesting options (Ultra throw combos [the wallbounce grab], a grab that puts the opponent in the corner immediately, etc.)

In SF3, Hugo had 3 supers - Gigas, Megaton Press, and Hammer Frenzy. I predict that Gigas will be Ultra 1, and Megaton Press will be U2, with Hammer Frenzy being his super since it's just 5 strikes - nothing cinematic. The thing with Megaton Press being an Ultra is that Hugo can Ultra throw [wallbounce throw] straight into Megaton Press, and that'll be very interesting.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Who in here are E.Ryu/Sakura players,what y'all think of the buffs/ nerfs they are getting?

It's weird, in one of the USF4 trailers showcasing some changes like Dhalsim's 2 hit MK, Cody's armor breaking knife toss, etc; they just showed E.Ryu doing one of his BnB's (cr.LP, cr.MP xx LK tatsu, HP shoryu). My guess is that his LK tatsu launchers higher now, so he can LK tatsu, sweep more characters now.