What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
It's possible. I'll need to experiment with it, but I've been poked out of that before. Could be an execution thing/online thing on my part, definitely.
It probably depends on how low you do J2. J2 at the lowest possible height into B1 will jail I think.

RIF

Noob
no Superman?
No Superman. Top 10? Yes. I don't think he's top 5 any longer. He's gone from being the heel of the game to one of the semi-fair top tiers. I preferred dealing with an OP Superman compared to MMH, Zod, or Aquaman. I have Supes right around 7 or 8.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Matchups Matchups Matchups.
People always mindlessly argue with character placing on Tier Lists and put posts saying "THIS IS SO GOOOOD" but in the end all of that doesn't matter. Aquaman,Zod, and MMH probably destroy the rest of the cast number wise a lot better than Batman does.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
No Superman. Top 10? Yes. I don't think he's top 5 any longer. He's gone from being the heel of the game to one of the semi-fair top tiers. I preferred dealing with an OP Superman compared to MMH, Zod, or Aquaman. I have Supes right around 7 or 8.
well Superman isnt Manhunter i think its pretty decisive that MMH is the best and Aquaman is probably #2 but yeah the rest of the top 8 or so i think are all right around eachother. hell Black Adam is still up there people just dont use him as much i guess? because he isnt broken anymore

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Aquaman has trait so even if you peg him unless you launch he is safe anyways, and if you don't you'll be chewing down about 30%. Catwoman at least has trait, and you have to respect it enough to commit to a n.j. Raven has traited teleport, and so on so forth.
Ravens teleport can be beaten by any crossup setup and is super buggy in the corner No Raven main will use it unless the opponent is full screen.

Arguing who has the worst wakeups in the game is pointless. You either have good wakeups or terrible ones.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
J2 doesn't jail into anything.
This is false. J2 jails into 112, 113, b11 its just distance dependent. If you're jump 2 hit towards the end of batmans foot they won't jail so if you know your spacing you would do a b23 there and catch the guy trying to poke out.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This is false. J2 jails into 112, 113, b11 its just distance dependent. If you're jump 2 hit towards the end of batmans foot they won't jail so if you know your spacing you would do a b23 there and catch the guy trying to poke out.
All right. I was mistaken. Thank you.

ESP_-Mystique

Misanthropic Persona
Is there really a such thing as the best? Every character is at a disadvantage in the game , so it's not even feasible to contemplate this. To be the best at anything means to have no weakness - to think that - you're delusional. Batman has clearly been exaggerated and spotlighted at recent tournaments. That goes for other characters as well.

People have been saying characters are "Broken" , I am confused: Does that mean the character is good , or bad? I am foreign. To me , anything broken is bad , but that's makes Batman the best?What type of logic is that? These debates shouldn't exist. All it does is confuse people and distort logic's. Until every character has been thoroughly examined: Batman , MMH , and any other character that is put on a pedestal , there is no "Top 5 or 10" , or no "Best". Just characters with different abilities , strengths and weaknesses.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
He just has no way to really open people up who are savvy to just...blocking low. Throws are hella telegraphed in this game and easy to tech, so that kinda throws out the theory of conditioning with throws. His j1/b1 'vortex' is pretty good, but still requires meter to get it going. I'm not downplaying, he's an awesome character, but his core overhead/low mix ups are basically reliant on dash-cancelling or not dash-cancelling a f3 into b1 or throw--and once the meta evolves to people d1 punishing dashes on reaction we can say good-bye to that.

I would say he is very versatile, but not as complete as some other characters. I do think we need to explore blowing up some wake ups with b3 more though. It's airborne-ness makes for punishing certain wake-ups like savage blast and the like pretty damn awesome. But yeah, he's got a lot of tools, but lacks that core overhead/low mix up or overwhelming zoning that makes the top of the top really stand out. massive frame advantage does not mean shit when you're throw is tech'd on reaction and people can just block low on ya all day.

Top 1, nah. top 3-5..Absolutely