What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

... I know Aquaman gives him problems and he doesn't have the best wake up options but when this dude is rolling its pretty insane even if its on block his rush down , combos , mixups (etc etc) and zoning are immaculate. -share with me your reasons

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think Aquaman and his bad wake ups are the only bad thing about him, and also he has some great tools but nothing broken, heis just a godlike rushdown character with good zoning options.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
i would take his one bar reset (into bat pressure) into his 74 hit blockstring over that vortex anyday ...
Think about it, tho.
Batman needs meter to stay in. And doesnt have a vortex. Batman does'mt have a true 50-50 No teleport. Shitty wakeups. Some zoning.

Batgirl has a meterless vortex. Batgirl has unreactable safe 50-50s . Teleport. Insane corner damage. Option select retarded wakeups.
Zoning is ok.

BlastX21

Noob
1. Poor wakeup game
2. Mediocre zoning. Its definently not "immaculate"
3. Short range. Bats help alleviate this, but still noteworthy.
4. Requires meter to perform significant pressure, which may or may not break through depending on your opponent's skill. Contrast this to Batgirl's meterless coin flips.
5. Everyone knows the Batman matchup to some extent.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Batman is a very, very good character. Let us not be mistaken, here.

However, he has weaknesses that other, higher tier characters do not. Specifically, he is only as good as the person playing him is at managing his trait. Trait management isn't as braindead as everyone thinks. Also, he actually does have to work to open good players up.

It's true he can keep people in long block stun with trait, MB Batarang, and his quick strings. However, he has no real overheads that can't be fuzzied, and a patient player can block him for some time.

He's good, very good, but not the best in the game. He's the Ryu of Injustice.

Think about it, tho.
Batman needs meter to stay in. And doesnt have a vortex. Batman does'mt have a true 50-50 No teleport. Shitty wakeups. Some zoning.

Batgirl has a meterless vortex. Batgirl has unreactable safe 50-50s . Teleport. Insane corner damage. Option select retarded wakeups.
Zoning is ok.
this makes me wonder why batman has won a trillion tourneys compared to batgirl

Yoaks

A spaceman
He also doesn't outright body anybody! Which character does Batman outright beat? He does go even with ALOT of the cast tho. He's so good because he so well rounded and that he doesn't really have a horrible MU outside of AM. And isn't the best cause he doesn't have really any 7-3's imo.

Batman is not the best character in Injustice...but he is IMO far and away the most versatile.

His rushdown pressure and normals are solid, but he also has little baby t-rex arms compared to someone like Aquaman. His zoning is pitiful compared to someone like Raven or Sinestro, but its still very effective in matchups where he needs it. He's good at everything, but he's not really "great" at anything either...and he can't wake up.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Tournament placings dont mean everything. And that video demonstrates Batman's reset. It's not a vortex.

BlastX21

Noob
this makes me wonder why batman has won a trillion tourneys compared to batgirl
Because there's only 1 elite Batgirl player and he doesn't attend tournaments as often as the top 2 Batmen.

edit: There's arguably 2 elite Batgirls, but Astronout doesn't attend at a huge rate either.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i main raven id beg to differ that batmans wakeups are the worst in the game haha , his wakeup parry to me is underrated ... his list of tools are outrageous
I personally think Raven has it better, at least in trait she has a nice teleport to work with.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
It's pretty much wake-ups. His are the literal worst in the entire game. Also trait nerfs, if he had his old trait he probably would be number 1
his wakeups arent the worst at all lol and his trait is still top 3, but it can be argued he isnt the best, at least top 3 though

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Batman is not the best character in Injustice...but he is IMO far and away the most versatile.

His rushdown pressure and normals are solid, but he also has little baby t-rex arms compared to someone like Aquaman. His zoning is pitiful compared to someone like Raven or Sinestro, but its still very effective in matchups where he needs it. He's good at everything, but he's not really "great" at anything either...and he can't wake up.
he's great at rushdown and pressure, among the best in the game at that. and his j2 is stupid, also like you said his zoning.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
1. Poor wakeup game
2. Mediocre zoning. Its definently not "immaculate"
3. Short range. Bats help alleviate this, but still noteworthy.
4. Requires meter to perform significant pressure, which may or may not break through depending on your opponent's skill. Contrast this to Batgirl's meterless coin flips.
5. Everyone knows the Batman matchup to some extent.
1.- Yes
2.- Not at all. Batrangs are a mid (3% CHIP), leave you at plus if you meter burn. He has anti air projectiles that full combo on mb. He can chip you to death with batrangs. He outzones characters. Trait keep him going and let him rush in, plus b3 has a huge range.
3.- Nop. B2, F2, B3, J2...
4.- Not at all Jesus. 1 is +4. 113 is +5. 12 is +6. 22 is +8. b23 is +13 (cancelable into more garbage). Plus he has all the trait cancel mind games, and J2.

Man the downplay is too stronk in this thread.

Last edited: