What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I consider Batman as a jack of all trades.

He has answers to literally everything in the game, and there also exist answers to everything he does. So it all balances out.

The weaknesses he does have - shitty Wake-Ups, bad reach on normals (save for f2, b2, and b3/f3), and a slide that's negative on hit and even more so on block - are all covered by his trait, the core to his strategy.

Also, contrary to what some say, he has no mix-ups. Crouch-block the first hit of all his strings, then stand-block, and you're good to go. The f3 overhead is easily reacted to along with the second hit of b2 3. But with how strong his pressure game is, we really don't need mix-ups. Just ask @FOREVER KING about Batman pressure. ;)

He's definitely a candidate for a top five character with the way he is designed, but as much as I'd like him to be the best character in Injustice...he's not. :( That title most likely belongs to either Aquaman or Martian Manhunter, at least by a vote of the majority.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

He has answers to literally everything in the game, and there also exist answers to everything he does. So it all balances out.

The weaknesses he does have - shitty Wake-Ups, bad reach on normals (save for f2, b2, and b3/f3), and a slide that's negative on hit and even more so on block - are all covered by his trait, the core to his strategy.

Also, contrary to what some say, he has no mix-ups. Crouch-block the first hit of all his strings, then stand-block, and you're good to go. The f3 overhead is easily reacted to along with the second hit of b2 3. But with how strong his pressure game is, we really don't need mix-ups. Just ask @FOREVER KING about Batman pressure. ;)

He's definitely a candidate for a top five character with the way he is designed, but as much as I'd like him to be the best character in Injustice...he's not. :( That title most likely belongs to either Aquaman or Martian Manhunter, at least by a vote of the majority.
Careful Blake, you're five seconds away from being accused of downplaying by Cossner.

Rude

he could very well be the best.. he might
Make your argument as to why he is the best.

That's what we're asking for. If you and other members of the community think Batman is the BEST character in the game...state why.

I'm fairly comfortable with Batman in top 3 or 5, but not the best.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks

Dude, even my grandma can react to Batman block strings...the problem is that he can make u block FOREVEEEER...u have to push block him or else he might get you with something, and believe me...most of tht etime, HE WILL !
He has ok normals but his bats makes up for the range. He's top 5, I don't care what anyone says, and Aquaman is not top 2.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Just got done reading the thread, here are my thoughts:

1. Rude you aren't that good. I'm pretty sure I have a better batman.
2. However you did argue with cossner and that usually makes people go insane so props.
3. Batmans around 4-6 range IMO.
4.pingas

BlastX21

Noob
Couple of things about Batman's slide that people should know:

It is -17 ON HIT.
-31 on block.

Generally speaking, the opponent who was HIT with slide will recover before you do. The caveat to this is that slide does have some, not many, but some invincibility frames. I believe it is just before the active frames that slide is invincible, but it is not a fully invincible wake-up attack.

Parry can be used against almost anything that isn't a low or a projectile or moves like Bane's charge. I would have to look into the full cast to see what isn't parryable, but it's a move you use on a read. Which is fine. There's nothing wrong with having wake-up attacks that have to be used on a read.

The problem is that there are characters that do not have to do this. Characters that you could make a better case for the number one spot than Batman. Also, slide can be stuffed fairly easily. So his wake-ups are bad. Are they the worst in the game? I'm not really sure.

No one on this forum thinks Batman is a shitter. We just main our character, do our homework, and know why he isn't THE BEST IN THE GAME.
Not sure if that was a typo or not, but I'm pretty sure slide is -2, not -17. If it were -17, that would suck so bad, lol.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I'm probably repeating someone, read page 2, but he can't be Number 1 if he goes even with a lot of the cast, right? Aquaman and MMH alone have more winning MU's than him.

E

Eldriken

Haha yes. You're always extremely patient, its annoying lol.
Why cant you just randomly press buttons?
'Cause I used to get blown up for doing that. I learned through lots of ass kickery (I know this isn't a real word, so shaddup.) that pressing buttons doesn't get you anywhere.

Rude

Just got done reading the thread, here are my thoughts:

1. Rude you aren't that good. I'm pretty sure I have a better batman.
2. However you did argue with cossner and that usually makes people go insane so props.
3. Batmans around 4-6 range IMO.
4.pingas
Did I say I was good? No.

I said I know what I'm talking about with my character, Chongo. How hard is that to understand?

Rude

Not sure if that was a typo or not, but I'm pretty sure slide is -2, not -17. If it were -17, that would suck so bad, lol.
In game frame data. Most characters can recover enough to do something after slide on hit, leaving your only option being to block.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Batman doesn't have a b13 string. Standing 1 is high and is d1'd by any player with any kind of competency. J2 doesn't jail into anything. F2 is only +1 and doesn't lead to anything unless you spend trait or meter. It's good, but you notice that a lot of Batman mains don't use it. B2 is good. 113 is good, but has two opportunities for poking and has pushback on the last hit which makes foll0w-ups without trait difficult, but not impossible. Follow-ups after b3(+12) are limited unless it is blocked by a crouching opponent. Also, even when B3 is active, Batman can be d1'd out of it. Another way to explain this is this: You do a B3. Batman can be hit out of the move while it is happening by any d1/d2 with range. also, due to the block stun really can't be followed up on outside of trait, which is fine. The second hit of 22 is high, so you will rarely be using the advantage off of that. same for 1. 12 is +6 and is used often. As good as Batman's pressure is, even Forever King agrees that most of his pressure can be dealt with by crouch blocking and patience. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not this godlike, unstoppable beast people make it out to be.

His strings are good if used properly, but there are holes that an intelligent player that is familiar with how the character works can exploit. He does require trait and meter to keep his pressure going, because many of his + strings can be poked out of any any patient, crouching opponent.

To review:

1(high, duckable)
1(high)1(gap)3.
2,2(high)
1(high)1,2(whiffs on crouching, low hitbox characters such as Zod, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, among others.)
B1(conditional gap dependent upon hitboxes and spacing)1, 3. If you attempt to use b113 from max range, the second hit can be d1'd by any crouching opponent.
J2 I believe jails into B1.