What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Really? Name me one viable wake-up he has.

His trait isn't even top 3, I'd say maybe top 6 for utility and combo potential but the cooldown is killer.
slide and parry, and his trait is top 3 it gets him in free, with j2 youre gonna have to block something lol
God no lol. Bane is top 15 at best.
Still, saying batman has better wake-ups than GL isn't the case. GL can at least check jump-happy opponents and it has decent range. Batmans wake ups are just disgustingly bad in every way imaginable.
Batman has beter wakeups than GL wake up lift s terrible and only works against people who dont know what theyre doing. ive seen use for both of Bamans wakeups while wake up lift used against anyone playing good witll have you eating 30+ percent every time

You probably won't get one. From memory, TC was the only person who thought that Batman might be the best. Even Cossner never said that Bats was #1.
LOL then let us get off this topic now, it was an obvious troll from a lot of people....oh and joker top 1

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
slide and parry, and his trait is top 3 it gets him in free, with j2 youre gonna have to block something lol

Batman has beter wakeups than GL wake up lift s terrible and only works against people who dont know what theyre doing. ive seen use for both of Bamans wakeups while wake up lift used against anyone playing good witll have you eating 30+ percent every time
So a -24 slide is viable? It can't anti-air, and he doesn't have anything to make you respect it... Also parry? Yeah, good luck with that. It'll work some of the time, but most characters aren't going to care since both options eat air attacks and lose to low block. So once again, anything ~viable~ as a wake-up?

His trait is top 3 because it lets you get in for free? No, it lets you get in at the cost of your trait. Bane's dash lets you get in for free. MMH's OH tele lets you get in for free.
Aquaman's trait is a combo breaker, Zod's trait lets him control the entire screen, Bane's trait makes him not care about anything, MMH's trait lets him control his half of the screen pretty freely, Flash's trait lets him do whatever the hell he feels like, Sinestro's trait makes everything he does safe, Lex's trait lets him ignore damage and armor through moves, etc. Batman's trait is good, but when you're waiting 9 seconds per bat and you lose them all getting hit its not as good as some others.

Do I? I usually just backdash when his feet leave the ground and eat the 3% in bats. Lots of characters have jump 2s.

GL can still tag you mid-air and from a decent distance and is less unsafe than Batman doing slide. I've seen Batmen try to wake-up with anything not called backdash and they eat just as much, only more often.

Fred Marvel

So a -24 slide is viable? It can't anti-air, and he doesn't have anything to make you respect it... Also parry? Yeah, good luck with that. It'll work some of the time, but most characters aren't going to care since both options eat air attacks and lose to low block. So once again, anything ~viable~ as a wake-up?

His trait is top 3 because it lets you get in for free? No, it lets you get in at the cost of your trait. Bane's dash lets you get in for free. MMH's OH tele lets you get in for free.
Aquaman's trait is a combo breaker, Zod's trait lets him control the entire screen, Bane's trait makes him not care about anything, MMH's trait lets him control his half of the screen pretty freely, Flash's trait lets him do whatever the hell he feels like, Sinestro's trait makes everything he does safe, Lex's trait lets him ignore damage and armor through moves, etc. Batman's trait is good, but when you're waiting 9 seconds per bat and you lose them all getting hit its not as good as some others.

Do I? I usually just backdash when his feet leave the ground and eat the 3% in bats. Lots of characters have jump 2s.

GL can still tag you mid-air and from a decent distance and is less unsafe than Batman doing slide. I've seen Batmen try to wake-up with anything not called backdash and they eat just as much, only more often.
slide can get you out of some setups/resets i know it can for all of GL's, and im not saying its great but hose 2 together are better than wake up lift, which everyone should see coming a mile away and its easily blocked and punished its -26 lol and at least slide moves him away to somewhere and has some invincibility. yes batmans wakeups are bad but GLs are worse.

OK using his trait gets you in free lol of course you have to use it to get the benefit of the trait that goes for any trait. other characters have other tools that get them in free Batman has his trait. also has good dashes and a double jump but thats off topic.

you play Bane you play an entirely different game than the rest of us.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
slide can get you out of some setups/resets i know it can for all of GL's, and im not saying its great but hose 2 together are better than wake up lift, which everyone should see coming a mile away and its easily blocked and punished its -26 lol and at least slide moves him away to somewhere and has some invincibility. yes batmans wakeups are bad but GLs are worse.

OK using his trait gets you in free lol of course you have to use it to get the benefit of the trait that goes for any trait. other characters have other tools that get them in free Batman has his trait. also has good dashes and a double jump but thats off topic.

you play Bane you play an entirely different game than the rest of us.
GL can use minigun, which is safe and has decent coverage and is low immune. Slide is terrible, and parry is just as bad if not worse. :| Its no contest between the two, GL at least has the advantage that his attack is fast and you can't jump in on him recklessly. Batman hasn't got anything to force you to respect him on wake-up. Nothing.

I feel its maybe in the top 10, but after the huge time nerf its like watching them wait for pre-patch 1 level 3 venom cooldown. Hurts my soul and I feel for them.

I play the same game. After all, when venom runs out I don't wanna just surrender pressure away.

Fred Marvel

GL can use minigun, which is safe and has decent coverage and is low immune. Slide is terrible, and parry is just as bad if not worse. :| Its no contest between the two, GL at least has the advantage that his attack is fast and you can't jump in on him recklessly. Batman hasn't got anything to force you to respect him on wake-up. Nothing.

I feel its maybe in the top 10, but after the huge time nerf its like watching them wait for pre-patch 1 level 3 venom cooldown. Hurts my soul and I feel for them.

I play the same game. After all, when venom runs out I don't wanna just surrender pressure away.
MINIGUN ON WAKEUP???? thats a joke right? lol i dont even
24 frames of startup with no invincibilty......sounds like a great wakeup lol.
you not being able to play like an idiot (jumping recklessly) doesnt make lift a better wakeup lol anyone with half a brain will beat wakeup lift every time

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
MINIGUN ON WAKEUP???? thats a joke right? lol i dont even
24 frames of startup with no invincibilty......sounds like a great wakeup lol.
you not being able to play like an idiot (jumping recklessly) doesnt make lift a better wakeup lol anyone with half a brain will beat wakeup lift every time
You realize Parry is like -48 with no invincibility, yeah? If you're waiting for the lift, you aren't exactly looking to interrupt the minigun.
Lift removes an option by making you respect it. The fact that you can't jump in is a huge thing, believe it or not.
Parry makes it so you can't recklessly jab at batman (which you shouldnt be anyways), and both options don't actually remove anything because the opponent doesn't have to respect it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think Aquaman, Catwoman, and Raven would like to talk to you.
Aquaman has trait so even if you peg him unless you launch he is safe anyways, and if you don't you'll be chewing down about 30%. Catwoman at least has trait, and you have to respect it enough to commit to a n.j. Raven has traited teleport, and so on so forth.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I think Aquaman, Catwoman, and Raven would like to talk to you.
At least if you block aquamans trident rush or water shield he's safe...actually he's plus on shield, but batman is screwed all around...slide sucks on wiff, block...even on hit its very small damage, so yea...Catwoman has fuckin trait, thats more than I can say for batman or raven...but yea raven has bad wake ups too

Aquaman has trait so even if you peg him unless you launch he is safe anyways, and if you don't you'll be chewing down about 30%. Catwoman at least has trait, and you have to respect it enough to commit to a n.j. Raven has traited teleport, and so on so forth.
Interesting points.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Couple of things about Batman's slide that people should know:

It is -17 ON HIT.
-31 on block.

Generally speaking, the opponent who was HIT with slide will recover before you do. The caveat to this is that slide does have some, not many, but some invincibility frames. I believe it is just before the active frames that slide is invincible, but it is not a fully invincible wake-up attack.

Parry can be used against almost anything that isn't a low or a projectile or moves like Bane's charge. I would have to look into the full cast to see what isn't parryable, but it's a move you use on a read. Which is fine. There's nothing wrong with having wake-up attacks that have to be used on a read.

The problem is that there are characters that do not have to do this. Characters that you could make a better case for the number one spot than Batman. Also, slide can be stuffed fairly easily. So his wake-ups are bad. Are they the worst in the game? I'm not really sure.

No one on this forum thinks Batman is a shitter. We just main our character, do our homework, and know why he isn't THE BEST IN THE GAME.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Also, I'm not sure if people know this or not, but Batman's trait actually has NO block stun whatsoever. None. I'm not saying that it should. Or that it should be + or anything like that. Just clearing up a potential misconception with actual information.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Batman is a very, very good character. Let us not be mistaken, here.

However, he has weaknesses that other, higher tier characters do not. Specifically, he is only as good as the person playing him is at managing his trait. Trait management isn't as braindead as everyone thinks. Also, he actually does have to work to open good players up.

It's true he can keep people in long block stun with trait, MB Batarang, and his quick strings. However, he has no real overheads that can't be fuzzied, and a patient player can block him for some time.

He's good, very good, but not the best in the game. He's the Ryu of Injustice.
This