What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
lmfaoooooo maybe he meant b2,3 but that move got nerfed to where you cant spam that shit like prepatch lol
I'm sure he did. I'm pretty okay with the B23 nerf. It's completely fair. Really, I'm okay with all of the changes Batman received in the last patch. He needed them.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Batman is a well rounded character that in the right hands can be a nightmare for anybody. His rushdown is insane and.his pressure agaonst someone like Sinestro is lights out.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Long time ago, and you did.

Like to try again sometime?

Just because you've beaten me, and you did, doesn't mean I'm not right about my character. I've done my research. Since, according to you, Batman has a b13 string, you haven't.
It was a typo hun. I not only beat you, I destroyed you.

Several times.

In a really bad MU for me, Ez mode for Batman.

Also with characters I don't even know how to use.

I'm in Norway and I play on Xbox come at me.

Rude

It was a typo hunn. I not only beat you, I destroyed you.

Several times.

In a really bad MU.

Also with characters I don't even know how to use.

I'm in Norway and I play on Xbox come at me.
Brags about sets that happened months ago.
Option selects with consoles.

Get the fuck out of here.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
He's always been on my top 5.

He has like 3 things I wished NW had, one of them being a double jump and glide with a legit jump arch. (jumpforward and jumpbackward) and the other thing being his fast and sae normals that you really have to hold and block.

Batman is not the best character in Injustice...but he is IMO far and away the most versatile.

His rushdown pressure and normals are solid, but he also has little baby t-rex arms compared to someone like Aquaman. His zoning is pitiful compared to someone like Raven or Sinestro, but its still very effective in matchups where he needs it. He's good at everything, but he's not really "great" at anything either...and he can't wake up.
Batman is not the best character in Injustice...but he is IMO far and away the most versatile.
up bats .. tracking bat trait cancelable and plus a gazillion on block
1.- Yes
2.- Not at all. Batrangs are a mid (3% CHIP), leave you at plus if you meter burn. He has anti air projectiles that full combo on mb. He can chip you to death with batrangs. He outzones characters. Trait keep him going and let him rush in, plus b3 has a huge range.
3.- Nop. B2, F2, B3, J2...
4.- Not at all Jesus. 1 is +4. 113 is +5. 12 is +6. 22 is +8. b23 is +13 (cancelable into more garbage). Plus he has all the trait cancel mind games, and J2.

Man the downplay is too stronk in this thread.
i was thinking the same, the batman downplay is real haha

Rude

And again, nothing about those sets, which I've already said you won and didn't try to excuse or deny, makes anything I've said about my character not true.

I know how my character works.

Shouldn't you be tearing about Green Arrow while 7L and SoundslikePause put in work?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
BUt compare the two outcomes if you don't block correctly. I would take Batman any day.
Their corner damage is comparable. BG gets like 5% extra off her standard corner BnBs in exchange for giving up pressure if she guesses wrong.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Brags about sets that happened months ago.
Option selects with consoles.

Get the fuck out of here.
You can buy me a European PS3 if you want. You can also get an Xbox. Or you could wait until April when I'll be back home.
You can also go to Evo and MM me there. How is that option selecting? Why would ANYONE be afraid of you? lolool

Rude

You can buy me a European PS3 if you want. You can also get an Xbox. Or you could wait until April when I'll be back home.
You can also go to Evo and MM me there. How is that option selecting? Why would ANYONE be afraid of you? lolool
Did I say you were? You're using the straw man of beating me in online sets to discredit the knowledge I have of my character.

HOWEVER....everything I have said about Batman is true. Your argument was posting a gif showing a patient player who blocked correctly and PUNISHED Batman's offense. A gif where he had more than one opportunity to escape.

BlastX21

Noob
And how many combo opportuniies did he get? I've been using Batman lately and I have to say, you guys should really play other characters just to realize how good he really is. Also, I eat Rude for breakfast.
We aren't downplaying Batman. The context of the thread demands that we discuss his negatives, so I can understand why you think we're downplaying - but in the end, all we're doing is discussing his negatives and explaining why he's not the best character in the game. Batman is undeniably very good, and not a single person in this thread has said otherwise.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Did I say you were? You're using the straw man of beating me in online sets to discredit the knowledge I have of my character.

HOWEVER....everything I have said about Batman is true. Your argument was posting a gif showing a patient player who blocked correctly and PUNISHED Batman's offense. A gif where he had more than one opportunity to escape.
The thing is, you think just because someone sees a 12 frame normal that's duckable in a pressure like that, you think it's 100% escapable. It's not. It's called the meta game. It's called being random as fuck so they're too cautious when trying to escape. Batman pressure is so in-your-face that it's really hard to escape whenever you please. You're looking at the numbers, and that's not the only way you can see FGs. That's why you lose.

Also sure, strawman isn't that a Batman villain or something?
We aren't downplaying Batman. The context of the thread demands that we discuss his negatives, so I can understand why you think we're downplaying - but in the end, all we're doing is discussing his negatives and explaining why he's not the best character in the game. Batman is undeniably very good, and not a single person in this thread has said otherwise.
I don't think he's the best character in the game. But you cannot say his zoning is mediocre, when it's better than 90% of the other characters' zoning. You can't say his pressure sucks, because it's better than 90% of the rest of the cast.

Rude

Cossner cherry picks what he wants to argue.

Everyone, including myself have said that Batman is good.

We just don't think he's THE BEST.

Maybe he doesn't understand the difference between the two.

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
1.- Yes
2.- Not at all. Batrangs are a mid (3% CHIP), leave you at plus if you meter burn. He has anti air projectiles that full combo on mb. He can chip you to death with batrangs. He outzones characters. Trait keep him going and let him rush in, plus b3 has a huge range.
3.- Nop. B2, F2, B3, J2...
4.- Not at all Jesus. 1 is +4. 113 is +5. 12 is +6. 22 is +8. b23 is +13 (cancelable into more garbage). Plus he has all the trait cancel mind games, and J2.

Man the downplay is too stronk in this thread.
TOOOOOO STRONK AHA SUPER DOWNPLAYING LOL

Rude

The thing is, you think just because someone sees a 12 frame normal that's duckable in a pressure like that, you think it's 100% escapable. It's not. It's called the meta game. It's called being random as fuck so they're too cautious when trying to escape. Batman pressure is so in-your-face that it's really hard to escape whenever you please. You're looking at the numbers, and that's not the only way you can see FGs. That's why you lose.

Also sure, strawman isn't that a Batman villain or something?

I don't think he's the best character in the game. But you cannot say his zoning is mediocre, when it's better than 90% of the other characters' zoning. You can't say his pressure sucks, because it's better than 90% of the rest of the cast.
Again, you're putting words in my mouth to suit your arguments. I know it's not 100% escapable. My arguments are that the opponents have options. Your arguments are, "LOLZ, BATMAN IS BROKE, U DOWNPLAYERS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!"

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Cossner cherry picks what he wants to argue.

Everyone, including myself have said that Batman is good.

We just don't think he's THE BEST.

Maybe he doesn't understand the difference between the two.
Well yeah, why would I argue you wether or not he's top? That's not the question here. The question here, people are saying both his pressure is so-so, and his zoning is so-so. I'm cherry picking that, because that's really arguable. That's how arguments work ;)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Again, you're putting words in my mouth to suit your arguments. I know it's not 100% escapable. My arguments are that the opponents have options. Your arguments are, "LOLZ, BATMAN IS BROKE, U DOWNPLAYERS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!"
Please quote me saying that.

Strawman argument, putting words in my mouth, you obviously have no interest in arguing.

Rude

Well yeah, why would I argue you wether or not he's top? That's not the question here. The question here, people are saying both his pressure is so-so, and his zoning is so-so. I'm cherry picking that, because that's really arguable. That's how arguments work ;)
His pressure is good. His zoning is solid. I've never said anything to the contrary. What I have said is that the opponent has options. It's that simple.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
His pressure is good. His zoning is solid. I've never said anything to the contrary. What I have said is that the opponent has options. It's that simple.
You didn't. Matter of that I never even mentioned you. You just made it personal for whatever reason. I also never said "BATMAN TOO STRONK NO ONE HAS OPTIONS HERP DERP". You just read that from me because you're biased towards me.

Rude

You didn't. Matter of that I never even mentioned you. You just made it personal for whatever reason. I also never said "BATMAN TOO STRONK NO ONE HAS OPTIONS HERP DERP". You just read that from me because you're biased towards me.
You literally said this was a downplaying thread when no one actually downplayed. Get out of here.