What's new

Question - D'Vorah What do you think of D'Vorah in the current meta?

Wigy

There it is...
Unless it was in the corner, NO ONE had to hold that lol

But don't get me wrong, it was hell for some characters who had to hold it in the corner. I just don't think it should've been nerfed that badly.
ferr torr legit just had to hold it midscreen too also, jump so horrid if you try to jump swarm you get antiaired or caught by a beatle toss etc.

it forced you to move EVERY knockdown or eat a blockstring into mixup, and your movement options could be countered without much of a read.

Without a decent move that pushed you forward a bit while punishing swarm could be a nightmare on block too.

omooba

fear the moobs
Ferr torr. Bo rai cho. Only ones i played but it was horrid.

Any character who had dodgy movement and floaty jumps.

Lets just say any mid combo starter that can be used as oki shouldnt be plus 30 or whatever into an ex bug (which hits mid at full screen) and catches jumps which then guarantees another swarm shouldnt be a thing.

You had to wakeup and jump to avoid it then you got antiaired or hit with a beatle.
not sure i understand what you mean but i played ruthless and i believe he won that match up. still does

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
ferr torr legit just had to hold it midscreen too also, jump so horrid if you try to jump swarm you get antiaired or caught by a beatle toss etc.

it forced you to move EVERY knockdown or eat a blockstring into mixup, and your movement options could be countered without much of a read.

Without a decent move that pushed you forward a bit while punishing swarm could be a nightmare on block too.
Wait you're saying if D'Vorah did a string into puddle on block, and if FT jumped, he got punished for it? How?

A knockdown midscreen into puddle, mainly the b21 ender, could easily be avoided by backdashing. Yea it was a mind game but it wasn't a guaranteed setup for her and if she was wrong, she got punished.

A string into puddle screamed "punish me with armor" imo. It's so slow so idk why people respected it so much after a block string. Now idk what blood god Kotal would do lol, or someone who had slow armor back then.

Idk man. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING jailed into puddle on block or hit. F22 is plus a million on hit and even that could be jumped. F112 is super plus on block and could be jumped. D4 on hit could be jumped. If she did it in the neutral, you could literally run up and punish. People feared it way too much because of what it caused on block and hit, but with how easy it was to avoid, I didn't feel sorry for people who blocked it or failed avoiding it

The corner was a different story tho lol. THAT was dumb(talking about the knockdown setup)

omooba

fear the moobs
LACKEY SURE DIDN'T! *cries in a corner*
in my opinion he did too. his d1 goes as far as both her d4 and d3 and it's faster. and meterless torr charge ate the puddle charge set up and armored f1 at the same time. she lost tools against him and he lost nothing against her

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
I'm gonna keep it short and simple, I've played all 3 variations of D'Vorah almost everyday since the patch, overall her footsies are still one of the best if not the best in the whole game. F1, F2, D3,D4, her d2 and her run speed combined make her easily one of the best footsie based characters.

On top of that she has Safe 5050s (in SQ) and psuedo safe/hard to punish 5050s in other variations, high damage from hit confirms, jailing cancels still, super solid all round character.

Enough of the downplay pls

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I think I know precisely what needs to be done with this character.

Her ovipositers need to be ripped off, her hitbox should be extending by 8 ft so you don't get any running under projectiles, take away her armor, make her puddle -20 on block, make EX -60, take away half her health, she only has 1 bar of stamina so she can't run cancel or break only backdash, and make F1 a high.

Then and only then will she be a fair solid mid tier character:DOGE

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I'm gonna keep it short and simple, I've played all 3 variations of D'Vorah almost everyday since the patch, overall her footsies are still one of the best if not the best in the whole game. F1, F2, D3,D4, her d2 and her run speed combined make her easily one of the best footsie based characters.

On top of that she has Safe 5050s (in SQ) and psuedo safe/hard to punish 5050s in other variations, high damage from hit confirms, jailing cancels still, super solid all round character.

Enough of the downplay pls
Waz hittin them up with the TRUTH.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
they brought her puddle down to only what, +3 now? she could have kept the recovery.
Okay I'm about ready to lab her puddle cuz I'm tired of people saying it's pretty bad now even tho you see players still using it. If it was nearly as bad as people are saying it was, you'd never see it outside of combo extension.