What's new

Question - D'Vorah What do you think of D'Vorah in the current meta?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Just because a person does well with a character doesn't mean the character is amazing. Look at Digit winning texas showdown with Shazam during Injustice. Shazam was a shit character but Digit was still able to win it. Not Saying Debbie is Shazam tier of shit but Foxy let a few things slide against Tekken Master.
Or maybe Shazam was viable enough to win a major and Digit being a god gave him the extra push needed.

Dvorah = viable
Tekken master = godlike player
Viable + Godlike player = top 8/major win

Indy = Salty Downplayer
Salty Downplayer = Buns

Therefore Indy is buns. I did the math.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
By that same token though, it sometimes takes an amazing player to showcase what a character can be capable of. Tekken Master showed that with hitconfirms, staggers, good reaction and solid spacing, Swarm Queen can still overwhelm people.

She clearly isn't top tier anymore, but lets not act like she is garbage.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lol the Debster is still gravy. There's a greater reason to pick the other variations now, though, which was the problem with the RC characters in general.

omooba

fear the moobs
F1 needs to be buffed. It's her main combo starter in the spacing game and the only thing that combos into ex bug but the second hit whiffs at max range. Other than that she should be able to dash cancel and combo f1,1 like cafe with f3 and scorpion with s3. Other than that she's fine. People calling down play because a character is mid tier are just bullshitting. These same people agreed buff dualist even though the best dualist said he was mid tier.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
F1 needs to be buffed. It's her main combo starter in the spacing game and the only thing that combos into ex bug but the second hit whiffs at max range. Other than that she should be able to dash cancel and combo f1,1 like cafe with f3 and scorpion with s3. Other than that she's fine. People calling down play because a character is mid tier are just bullshitting. These same people agreed buff dualist even though the best dualist said he was mid tier.
the OP literally says shes an abymsal character and needs to be saved, nobody is calling it "downplay because mid tier" LOL

and who is the best Dualist? If your answer is someone who has done nothing for the life of this game other than post on TYM, than their opinion is no more valid than everyone else on TYM

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I feel like she was nerfed a bit too hard imo, especially the puddle. Puddle was the most overrated move in the game

But as she is now, she's...good. D2 is still gdlk. F1 pressure is still legit. Still has 50/50s that are "safe", amazing footsies, etc. She's just not as powerful as she once was, but she isn't as bad as some thought when the nerf happened.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
the OP literally says shes an abymsal character and needs to be saved, nobody is calling it "downplay because mid tier" LOL

and who is the best Dualist? If your answer is someone who has done nothing for the life of this game other than post on TYM, than their opinion is no more valid than everyone else on TYM
I believe he's talking about FOREVER EL1TE who has gone to offline events and I believe even won with Dualist/Flame Fist

omooba

fear the moobs

let me rephrase: don't say she doesn't need buffs because she's mid tier
and i meant forever elite

Wigy

There it is...
I feel like she was nerfed a bit too hard imo, especially the puddle. Puddle was the most overrated move in the game

But as she is now, she's...good. D2 is still gdlk. F1 pressure is still legit. Still has 50/50s that are "safe", amazing footsies, etc. She's just not as powerful as she once was, but she isn't as bad as some thought when the nerf happened.
Dude some characters had to 100% hold that shit on knockdown lol.

Wigy

There it is...
like who?
Ferr torr. Bo rai cho. Only ones i played but it was horrid.

Any character who had dodgy movement and floaty jumps.

Lets just say any mid combo starter that can be used as oki shouldnt be plus 30 or whatever into an ex bug (which hits mid at full screen) and catches jumps which then guarantees another swarm shouldnt be a thing.

You had to wakeup and jump to avoid it then you got antiaired or hit with a beatle.