What's new

What Do Teddy Bears Have To Do With Vengeance? (Advanced Scorpion Guide by Slips and PimpUigi)

Saint

Noob
That's how I do it now brother, was looking for a shortcut.

To be more specific, for my anti airs I use d1 tp, how I input this is down back 1 3 instead of down+1 down back+3, hence a shortcut.

I was wondering if there's something similar for this.

DaeDraug

Noob
I was messing around with the Void and found something.
JIP 1,1~Spear, NJP, b+2, jik~TP, 2~TP, d+1~Spear 41%

f+4 will reset them for a combo - just like in the regular Void starters - d+3 also works but other options seems to whiff.

JAP

Combo maker
I was messing around with the Void and found something.
JIP 1,1~Spear, NJP, b+2, jik~TP, 2~TP, d+1~Spear 41%

f+4 will reset them for a combo - just like in the regular Void starters - d+3 also works but other options seems to whiff.
true, but have to do fast and exact :)

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i dont think so cause the opponeny actually needs to know the back 2 cant hit from that setup so i if you mix it up with the other ones the opponent wouldn't ever know

JAP

Combo maker
I dont see those combos as void setups because you dont have the b2 option anymore, so its pretty obvious to guess for the opponent what youre going to do.
True...:confused:, "Jump Punch,:fp:fp~Spear, NJP, Dash,:l+:bp, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk,:fk~Spear
38%+Opportunity for :r+:bk,:d+:fk, or :d+:bk~Takedown reset" and others, Is that so or is it not?

True...:confused:, "Jump Punch,:fp:fp~Spear, NJP, Dash,:l+:bp, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk,:fk~Spear
38%+Opportunity for :r+:bk,:d+:fk, or :d+:bk~Takedown reset" and others, Is that so or is it not?
d3 is minus 7 on block and hit, doing that combo it will be obvious for people to block low, doing the f4takedown and getting it block is gonna put you at disadvantage, but if thats how you like to do things.

I dont see those combos as void setups because you dont have the b2 option anymore, so its pretty obvious to guess for the opponent what youre going to do.
I cant do any overheads with the f4, 3 spear option either cause there's not enough time apparently. There is however, more time than the other setups though, including the ones I posted and then deleted. I deleted them cause you really dont have time to do shit.

I cant do any overheads with the f4, 3 spear option either cause there's not enough time apparently. There is however, more time than the other setups though, including the ones I posted and then deleted. I deleted them cause you really dont have time to do shit.
Hmm im sorry I dont really know what you mean, which combo doesnt give enough time for overheads? the b2 isnt possible because it wont launch the opponent in the air anymore after you did it in the previous combo.

DaeDraug

Noob
I don't know if these combos are known or not.

b+2, jik~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear, jip, f+2,1~TP 31%
Kinda hard but possible.

jip 1,1~Spear, NJP, b+2, jik~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear 42%
Opportunity for d+3~Takedown or f+4~Spear reset.

jip, 2,1+2~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear, jip f+2,1~TP 38%
It deals 0,5% more dmg than 2~TP version :D

Some random corner combos:

3,3,4, d+1, 3,3~Spear, cross jip, f+2,1~TP 30%
Harder than it looks.

jip, 1,1~Spear, cross jip, f+2,1~EX TP, b+2, jik~TP, f+4,3~Spear 51%

JAP

Combo maker
I don't know if these combos are known or not.

b+2, jik~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear, jip, f+2,1~TP 31%
Kinda hard but possible.

jip 1,1~Spear, NJP, b+2, jik~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear 42%

jip, 2,1+2~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear, jip f+2,1~TP 38%
It deals 0,5% more dmg than 2~TP version :D

Some random corner combos:

3,3,4, d+1, 3,3~Spear, cross jip, f+2,1~TP 30%
Harder than it looks.

jip, 1,1~Spear, cross jip, f+2,1~EX TP, b+2, jik~TP, f+4,3~Spear 51%
"jip 1,1~Spear, NJP, b+2, jik~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear 42%
Opportunity for d+3~Takedown or f+4~Spear reset."
"b+2, jik~TP, 2,1~TP, d+1~Spear, jip, f+2,1~TP 31%" is very hard "2,1"

but.... I like!!! :)

Hmm im sorry I dont really know what you mean, which combo doesnt give enough time for overheads? the b2 isnt possible because it wont launch the opponent in the air anymore after you did it in the previous combo.
Just remove the :l+:bp from the combo and :l+:bp followup will work just fine.

Instead of this:
Spear, NJP, Dash,:l+:bp, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk,:fk~Spear

Do this:
Spear, NJP, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk,:fk~Spear

Just remove the :l+:bp from the combo and :l+:bp followup will work just fine.

Instead of this:
Spear, NJP, Dash,:l+:bp, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk,:fk~Spear

Do this:
Spear, NJP, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk,:fk~Spear
yeahh I knew that lol, thats the only void combo I ever use. What I meant was hanzo said there was a combo that didnt give enough TIME for an overhead or somehting in that direction...

The one that ends with F4, 3~Spear. B2 dont work and there's no time for F3 or 2, 1+2. I mean, do I really need to type out the entire combo for you to know what Im talking about?
Yeah you kinda do considering the beginning of the combo determines which followups are possible...

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
47% combo into void in the corner back against the wall
1,1, spear :r 2,1 :ex teleport, 2,1 3,3, teleport, 1,1 , spear so far I have only test the :r4 and the :d3 in this set-up the only thing is the timing is a bit strict but nothing you cant get over

im sorry i forgot to edit the text on the top one i just now corrected it

To make it a little bit easier and not lose to many options you can do 1,1, spear, :r 2,1 :ex teleport, 2,1 teleport :r4,3 , spear you still have the :l2 option the :r4 and the D 3 and D4

JAP

Combo maker
47% combo into void in the corner back against the wall
1,1, spear :r 2,1 :ex teleport, 2,1 3,3, teleport,(short dash) :r4 , 3 spear so far I have only test the :r4 and the :d3 in this set-upthe only thing is the timing is a bit strict but nothing you cant get over
And B2?? Is hard??