What's new

What Do Teddy Bears Have To Do With Vengeance? (Advanced Scorpion Guide by Slips and PimpUigi)

47% combo into void in the corner back against the wall
1,1, spear :r 2,1 :ex teleport, 2,1 3,3, teleport,(short dash) :r4 , 3 spear so far I have only test the :r4 and the :d3 in this set-upthe only thing is the timing is a bit strict but nothing you cant get over
you can get that high damage from the older combos, plus its easier

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
And B2?? Is hard??
No its not hard, but i used a different combo to do it and the B2 was hard to incorporate in the set-up if not impossible, i had tried this and edited the notations without doing words. Plus idk i think all the combos linking F4,3 arent really that hard once you learn the timing, i just like looking flashy sometimes

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I've been trying it and alot of the times ill get either just a d1 or a standing spear. Do I hesitate before inputting it or is it in smooth motion with the 2 telepunch?
You watch Scorpion, and when you see him land you start your inputs, and :qtl+:fp,:qtl+:fp in quick succession.
To save time learning that timing, just do it outside of the combo. Stand next to your training mode dummy, and :qtl+:fp,:qtl+:fp until you get the cancel done right.

If you have really good timing, it's possible to hit 3~Spear instead of D1~Spear in almost all of the combos.
This means you have at least a five frame window to get your D1 out at the proper timing.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
You watch Scorpion, and when you see him land you start your inputs, and :qtl+:fp,:qtl+:fp in quick succession.
To save time learning that timing, just do it outside of the combo. Stand next to your training mode dummy, and :qtl+:fp,:qtl+:fp until you get the cancel done right.

If you have really good timing, it's possible to hit 3~Spear instead of D1~Spear in almost all of the combos.
This means you have at least a five frame window to get your D1 out at the proper timing.
PimpUigi, I gotta say, this is by far my fav vortex setup. Looks so damn cool too. Quick question for you though, now that we have the frame data, is the d3, 334 chip dmg void ending still viable with d3 @ -7?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
It is still viable yes.
Hm, perhaps I'll rearrange where I put 334 in the list of Great Void enders.
I meant to have it be...
1. B2
2. F4
3. D3
4. 334
5. D4~Takedown

Really you can get a D1 in there too as number 6, but I find the timing on it makes it the hardest great void ender for whatever reason...

If I do D3 I'll dash up 334 or grab, or even 33~Spear if I'm feeling really confident that my opponent is going to try and break a grab.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
It is still viable yes.
Hm, perhaps I'll rearrange where I put 334 in the list of Great Void enders.
I meant to have it be...
1. B2
2. F4
3. D3
4. 334
5. D4~Takedown

Really you can get a D1 in there too as number 6, but I find the timing on it makes it the hardest great void ender for whatever reason...

If I do D3 I'll dash up 334 or grab, or even 33~Spear if I'm feeling really confident that my opponent is going to try and break a grab.
Thx man. I assume one would never want to use the d3 against the likes of Reptile, KL and Raiden, yes? Unless their already completely mind fucked. I got spun by KL after a d3 void ender, much like slips talked about on KTP. I just wanted to bounce this off the pros to make sure I'm not limiting my options un necessarily in these match ups.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Yeah, I wouldn't use D3 against those guys.
Stick to the other four options. They're all easier to hit than D1, which is -13 on block, and isn't a low.

Scoot Magee I've added a Great Void Follow Ups subsection to the combos section of the guide.

And since AA spear is what I believe we'll most commonly connect a naked Spear with, remember the combo is

AA Spear, NJP, Dash,2~Teleport,Dash F43~Spear
26% damage

The Great Void combos and follow ups require a lot of practice to get down, but it's so worth it.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
These are 2 of my matches from WB that were streamed. I tried to play pretty careful for the most part, I made some big mistakes against blackula's kenshi at critical points in the match. I wasn't aware of how much armor he really has lol. Anyway major props to both players. I figured I'd post this here since we dont have a scorpion match vid thread that I know of.
at 3:12:35
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/309004075

Pimp you should post you matches from WB also, I think I only seen 1 of your matches and it was against pherleece.

I'll be practicing the void btw.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Scoot Magee Glad to hear it. They also streamed my match against CD Jr, MK Peanuts, and Chris G.
I really wish they had streamed my matches against JamessMK.
I played so well those matches, and we were on deck for stream, but Chris G out prioritized us (which makes sense) so we played off stream.

Anytime you want to talk about the old Sega Genesis and Super NES days feel free to send me a PM or call me up on Skype.
Those were some good times.

Scoot Magee

I actually have the void and the follow ups down pretty tight. I'll start using it in matches more often.

btw old school gaming is the shit.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/309004075
vs CD Jr @ 0:56:00
vs Pherleece @ 1:12:00
vs MK Peanuts @ 1:41:00

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/309034416
vs Chris G @ 2:17:30
I played very bad this match. The TV's aspect ratio was set wrong so I missed the 2's in my juggles thinking I was in range.
Also I couldn't seem to get any EX teleports to come out and kept getting normal teleports. It was a shame for me after I managed to make Chris pick Noob Saibot...but I had a blast and knew I was going down to Chris' Reptile either way.

It would have been nice if my matches against Zaf and JamessMK could have been streamed. The Zaf match was extremely close. Zaf won the first match, and every round was down to the last hit and the last two matches went three rounds each.
We did have the option to wait and get on stream though, and I really don't mind playing off stream. It's only after the fact of awesome/epic stuff that makes me say "Oh man! If only that was on stream."

Rewatching these fights was fun.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Okay, so I've been off the forums for a while. Stopped playing online, too, because my connection went wireless. Stupid router placement. Anyway, I know Scorpion lacks in corner fuckage. Most of the combos start back against the wall, like that 64% 3-meter combo that never happens in a real match but looks tits in training mode. I'm probably decades late on this as I'm not a Scorpion mainer, but B+2 still launches a nice height after several hits. Assuming you've been able to hit confirm into spear facing the wall and you're okay with losing a bar of meter, you can snag half their life pretty easily.

You can get 52% one bar facing the wall for one meter, 60% for two meters. JIP 1 1/2 1~spear, cross over JIP F+2 1~EX-Teleport, B+2, jumpkick~teleport, jumpkick~airthrow for the 52%. Obviously air throw sets up opportunity for hellfire. You can continue after the first jumpkick~teleport with a jumpkick~EX-teleport into 3 3~takedown for 60%. You have to dash forward after landing the spear to make sure opponent is far back in the corner as possible before crossing over into F+2 1 EX-teleport in the 60% variation or 3 3 will whiff. Pretty easy combos for that kind of damage and not nearly as dependent on opponent's placement as back-to-wall variation. [/old news]

By the way, just took that 2 2+1 tele, 2 tele d+1 spear into the training room. Never seen it done. That's a sweet little juggle. Incorporating into gameplay.

Scoot Magee

Just something crazy that happens if yo stagger someone in the corner. You can make it happen every time by teleporting (still do as if you are facing left) right when you go over them. It only seems to work on the left side of the screen. All it would do is sacrifice pressure but its just funny. This also works after a knockdown.

Lol it kinda looks like a wall jump.

Edit. This works as long as the other players back is facing the corner close to the wall.

Tyrlix

Noob
Jump Punch,:fp:fp~Spear, NJP, Dash,:l+:bp, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk,:fk~Spear
38%+Great Void Setup

I found this one hard to pull off. I usually either whiff the :r + :bk, :fk or the spear (Haven't found key frames when to do that :l + :bk:fk)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before in this thread but I found this one easier to pull. It isn't so flashy but anyway:
Jump in Punch, :bp:fp~Spear, NJP, Dash,:l+:bp, Jump Kick~Teleport Punch, Dash, :fp:fp, Dash, :fp:fp~Spear
41% Great Void Setup

Some new combos that i haven't seen to be mentioned.
AA 1:
1, b+2, dash, Jump Kick~TP, dash, 111~Spear, JiP, f21~TP - 37%, very easy if AA 1 hits high enough, mb some little dash before b+2 is requiered.
1, b+2, dash, Jump Kick~TP, dash 2~TP, d1~Spear, JiP, f21~TP - 39%, strict timing, a lot of damage.

AA Jump Kick (all options):
Jump Kick~TP, b+2, dash, 111~Spear, JiP, f21~TP - 37%, very easy, good damage.
Jump Kick~TP, Jump Kick~TP, d1~Spear, JiP, f21~TP - 38%, easy for those who're familiar to d1~spear.
Jump Kick~TP, dash, 2~TP, 33~Spear, JiP, f21~TP - 38%, easy for those who're familiar to 33 timing.
Jump Kick~TP, Jump Kick~TP, 33~Spear, JiP, f21~TP - 40% (or 39% i don't remember), damn hard.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
These are all pretty standard. But cool that you found them on your own. I LOVE that using b2 in an AA combo doesn't scale the damage.. It's so amazing. His AA damage is so retarded.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
really cool guide.
every character forum should have one just like this... im starting to like playing around with Scorp.
looking forward till i one day, can learn all the combos.

is Vortex and Void setup the same thing?

Just wanted to ask the same thing as the guy above and is there any difference between the void and vortex? And what can I do once I pull either off?