What's new

What Do Teddy Bears Have To Do With Vengeance? (Advanced Scorpion Guide by Slips and PimpUigi)

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Two new AA spear combos
These two more damaging combos are easier, and allow for you to pick the opponent up off the ground, so it's still up to you to choose between going for the full vortex damage, or just going for the pickup.
IMHO this is a big discovery since it will let us get more damage off of AA Spear than ever before.

AA Spear, NJP, Dash,:bp~Teleport Punch, Dash,:r+:bk:fk~Spear
26%+Vortex Setup

AA Spear, Jump Over Punch,:bp:fp+:bp~Teleport,:bp~Teleport,:d+:fp~Spear
31%+Opportunity for :d+:fk

how come nobody uses jumpkick into grab, jumpkicks have pretty good priority and the combo does decent damage, dont you guys think its underused?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
how come nobody uses jumpkick into grab, jumpkicks have pretty good priority and the combo does decent damage, dont you guys think its underused?
1. Can't set up a vortex.
2. If it whiffs, you could get obliterated for it depending on who you're fighting.

With Scorpion, your entire fight is more or less a 50/50, so anything you can do to keep yourself out of more danger is a plus, y'know?

1. Can't set up a vortex.
2. If it whiffs, you could get obliterated for it depending on who you're fighting.

With Scorpion, your entire fight is more or less a 50/50, so anything you can do to keep yourself out of more danger is a plus, y'know?
It doesnt have to end in a vortex right, I see jax and smoke players do it, saw pl doin a jumpkick, divekick follow up, basically the same. and it has always worked for me. its like something you use once or twice in a match

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It doesnt have to end in a vortex right, I see jax and smoke players do it, saw pl doin a jumpkick, divekick follow up, basically the same. and it has always worked for me. its like something you use once or twice in a match
Oh, it's still useful, yes...most definitely. It's just not as damaging/potentially damaging as a Vortex setup.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I use it if my opponent can AA properly. Then JK~Air Grab is about your only air assault option apart from crossover punches.
I also use the deep jump kick, dash D1~spear on people who try to dodge jump punches with things like D4's and D3's.

I did it to KT Smith's Smoke, and he was impressed.
He still beat me though.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Keeping that in mind...never occured to me he can get his windmill spinning off a DJK, too.

I will defeat you one day, Pimp. One day...

Cannot fucking wait for Winter Brawl Friday.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Bring your boxes so we can have extra seats.
I was thinking of searching for some manner of giant cardboard and playing in WB6 inside a giant Box suit.

Me and you. Neo and Morpheus. WB Top 8. Let's make it happen.

What's your general opinion of Hellfire?
Some people really favor it, others don't even bother using it out of preference to building setups.
Where do you stand?

after messing with jumpkicks again, a below the stomach jumpkick in the corner can be followed up by 111,11, spear and follow up with whatever combo you want after a spear.
the 11, after the first 111, is somewhat harder to time, the first 111 set is very easy to time. I messed with it a little but I think this can definitely be useful since jumpkick have pretty good priority. it leads to pretty high damaging combos(around 40%)

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Deep Jump Kick,:fk~Teleport Punch, Dash,:fp:fp:fp~Spear Jump Over Punch,:r+:bp:fp~Teleport Punch
38%+Vortex Setup

This is already in the guide, and the one you posted does 35% and whiffs on crouching opponents. Deep jump kick combos are really only worth their weight if they'll hit a crouching opponent.
It is good stuff though. I love how mid screen deep jump kick, dash D1~Spear catches people so off guard.
They think they can D3/D4 your jump punches all day, they're in for a big surprise.

I didn't put in the guide that you can hit a D1 spear combo off this setup, but you have to be like clockwork to juggle the opponent high enough so that the spear won't whiff. So IMHO it wasn't consistent.
That nets 40% though, but I wouldn't go for it. 10/10 rule.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Since Scorpion can get a lot of damage off of AA ji.KxxTeleport, would you recommend using ji.K over ji.P in air to air battles?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Yes, so long as it works for you.
I used to use jump kick~teleport as on reaction AA all the time.

I think I should go back to doing that as a matter of fact...

Deep Jump Kick,:fk~Teleport Punch, Dash,:fp:fp:fp~Spear Jump Over Punch,:r+:bp:fp~Teleport Punch
38%+Vortex Setup

This is already in the guide, and the one you posted does 35% and whiffs on crouching opponents. Deep jump kick combos are really only worth their weight if they'll hit a crouching opponent.
It is good stuff though. I love how mid screen deep jump kick, dash D1~Spear catches people so off guard.
They think they can D3/D4 your jump punches all day, they're in for a big surprise.

I didn't put in the guide that you can hit a D1 spear combo off this setup, but you have to be like clockwork to juggle the opponent high enough so that the spear won't whiff. So IMHO it wasn't consistent.
That nets 40% though, but I wouldn't go for it. 10/10 rule.
what do you exactly mean by it whiffs on crouching opponents? wont the jumpkick send him high in the air enough?
but your combo depends on the teleport, if the jumpkick doesnt hit, you will get your teleport blocked right? following up with 111's is safe, that why I posted it.

that jumpkick teleport is THE reason I started maining scorpion. but you need to be on point with it , after a while I got into bad habits and started using it randomly and too many times, resulting in my teleports getting blocked

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
what do you exactly mean by it whiffs on crouching opponents? wont the jumpkick send him high in the air enough?
but your combo depends on the teleport, if the jumpkick doesnt hit, you will get your teleport blocked right? following up with 111's is safe, that why I posted it.
Nope, the jump kick doesn't launch as high on crouching opponents. The opponent will be in crouch state 90% of the time you use a deep jump kick on someone, so this is very important. The 1's will whiff.

Just as Im cutting back on it. I mostly rely on 3~teleport, d1, dash, 3~teleport, d1~teleport and b2 AA's. The jump kick~teleport can cost you the match with players who like to turtle and know not to jump in on Scorpion. I'll only start using it if I see them doing the opposite. Then I can predict their jumps all day, every time.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
That's why I need to start again. It's like, 6 frames to start a jump kick. I think it's very under rated as on reaction AA.
Chris G does it with Reptile, and that's nothing.
Scorpion gets 38% damage. Chris G's Reptile gets 7%.
It's so addictive though that you need to make sure you don't try to predict when people jump, and make sure you only do it on reaction...

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I actually use this a lot. After the air throw into the corner you're at a huge advantage to do pretty much whatever you want. Mid screen you have some options like posted in the airthrow spear thread.

I dont know if it's already been posted but Ive been experimenting in the dojo and discovered this easy 41% damage combo which is a useful alternative to the void starter if it will finish them off:

Jip, 11~Spear or F2, 1~Spear, NJP, Dash, B2, JK~TP, Dash, 1, Dash, 33, Takedown - *41% damage (0 bars); 44% damage (1 bar); 46% damage (2 bars)*

Another 41% damage combo I just put together, but a bit more difficult with lag:

JIP, 11~Spear or F2, 1~Spear, NJP, Dash, B2, JK~TP, Dash, F2, 1, Takedown - *41% damage (0 bars); 42% damage (1 bar); 46% damage (2 bars)*

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
hey guys i just thought of a set up and i dont know if its gonna be good or if its new to anyone but just to put it out there. a new setup for combo resets. ok you can after any 1,1 spear, njp, dash, b2, jik, teleport, jik telepor you can get a free safe teleport that will place you on the side that the combo initially began in. after which you throw in a B2 to reset the combo for any vortex combo, that works well on characters like noob cause your far enough away to make the up man whiff and punish and ect. you can also expend one bar of meter reset characters with good armored wakeup like kabal on his wakeup you can either ex spear or since the teleport is safe block for another 1,1 combo. For characters who have teleports you can x-ray if wish to do so (personally its alot of meter to waste) i tested it and it works well against johnny cage, noob, smoke, sektor, kung lao, sub-zero, cyber sub-zero, and cyrax. try it out if you want i would appreciate any feedback