What's new

What Do Teddy Bears Have To Do With Vengeance? (Advanced Scorpion Guide by Slips and PimpUigi)

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Added a match vids section to guide with some casuals from my last stream. If anyone else has some decent vids to post let me or PimpUigi know.

Oh and the names are obviously mixed up. =P

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
There should soon be a video of myself against Pherleece, and against Maxter from NEC 12's tournament matches.

There will also possibly be some videos of a sleep deprived off shoot variant of myself playing on a laggy TV against Death the day after the tournament.
He did beat me the previous day when I was wide awake, and on some Asus monitors, but there is no video of those matches.

Slips

Added another mid of me and a pretty good Cyrax that lives around me in the Match Videos section.

Slips

Added some vids of me playing 16 Bit. You gotta be pretty psychic to beat Kitana and take some risks. There's been a lot of losing sessions trying to figure out how to shine a light to this bitch. =P

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Yeah the scorpion vs kitana match is really hard for scorp. If you gain any momentum you have to keep that shit. I feel you have to take the risk's with the 50/50 against her more so than any other character because she does so well against scorpion from anywhere on the screen.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Plus it's rough, because if you make two mistakes than you're dead...
Her main, no meter BNB does 48% damage, and her one meter EX BNB does 53%

You can't jump at her without eating 30%, and she can get 35-38% off of jump kicks to crouching opponents.
That's pretty rough damage for the space she controls.

Better to learn Mileena for the Kitana matchup IMHO.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Added my Scorpion vs. Cyrax match with Maxter.
I was so nervous that I was spamming teleport like a nervous tick. Don't try that. Haha.

Added my Scorpion vs. Cyrax match with Maxter.
I was so nervous that I was spamming teleport like a nervous tick. Don't try that. Haha.
I thought you did very well against Maxter's Cyrax. Also, you have balls for playing very aggressive against a Cyrax on the inside :congrats:

Scoot Magee

I'm not sure if it's known but you can get a d1 into spear after 334 in the corner. The cool thing about it is if you land just the last hit of 111 334 will beat anything they do except block. Adds some good corner pressure. Also since it's -2 you can throw out an EH spear if you feel they'll try to counter with block pressure. I'm pretty sure it can still work against a bunch of characters even if they throw out a crouching move but don't hold me to it. Anyway if it works it's a good way to keep people blocking so that you can continue pressure.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I'm not sure if it's known but you can get a d1 into spear after 334 in the corner. The cool thing about it is if you land just the last hit of 111 334 will beat anything they do except block. Adds some good corner pressure. Also since it's -2 you can throw out an EH spear if you feel they'll try to counter with block pressure. I'm pretty sure it can still work against a bunch of characters even if they throw out a crouching move but don't hold me to it. Anyway if it works it's a good way to keep people blocking so that you can continue pressure.
I added the 334 combo the day before you posted this. That's funny we found the same stuff at near the same time. : ) 334 into D1 Spear leads to 40% damage with an EX teleport.
I'm going to add some jump kick, dash, D1~Spear combos too. That's 27% damage and works against crouching opponents.

You can get 38% off of Jump kick, dash 3, teleport, 111 into vortex...but the opponent needs to be standing.
This still works in the corner though even if the opponent crouches
Jump kick, 3, teleport, 111 into vortex

This stuff will certainly help against Mileena and Sonya players. (though Sonya usually uppercuts)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
[MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION] [MENTION=2760]Slips[/MENTION]try out B2~TP 33~TP D1~spear; does the same damage and I'd honestly say it's easier. Feels WAY more fluid too!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Remember that every extra hit adds extra gravity that makes the D1~Spear harder to hit.
You really don't want the spear to whiff...

If you really need the extra hit, do 21 instead of 33, as 21 can hit higher, and I believe sends them higher as well.
Scaling wise, 21, 2, 33, and 3 all let the majority of combos do the same damage. But not always.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Remember that every extra hit adds extra gravity that makes the D1~Spear harder to hit.
You really don't want the spear to whiff...
Good point, I can't get d1~spear to even hit consistently in all honesty. I can get it for like an hour or two consistently, then the rest of the time I don't; I'll probably be using B2~TP 111~spear for consistency off a far B2 in competitive play

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Good point, I can't get d1~spear to even hit consistently in all honesty. I can get it for like an hour or two consistently, then the rest of the time I don't; I'll probably be using B2~TP 111~spear for consistency off a far B2 in competitive play
It will become 100% consistent with time.
Especially if you tell yourself that's the only combo you're allowed to use in matches...which wasn't a problem for me since I hated all the 111 height inconsistencies. This is much more consistent in the end for me.

RedDjinn

Noob
LOL I found this out like week 4 after the game came out....

My guide has alotttt more shit in it than this guide... but I guess this ones just pretty...

That or Im missing something.

It will become 100% consistent with time.
Especially if you tell yourself that's the only combo you're allowed to use in matches...which wasn't a problem for me since I hated all the 111 height inconsistencies. This is much more consistent in the end for me.
For height problems just do dash 1, dash 3,3 spear.

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?7932-GET-OVER-HERE!-A-Scorpion-Guide

^^ my guide if u wanna have a look, only thing I havnt covered really is "The Void" and iATP.
Also some stuff may be a little outdated as Ive been writing it since like day 6.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
[MENTION=4342]RedDjinn[/MENTION] Sweetness, another Scorpion guide. Good name too. I like it.
I'm also impressed you had the 334 into D1~Spear in there so early. Good stuff for sure.

I think you could pick up stuff from this guide. In your guide, the "super ultra wall combo" does 64%, and in this guide the best wall combo does 69%

[MENTION=2760]Slips[/MENTION], I was wondering if you could tell us why you do D1,D4~Spear instead of D1,D4~Teleport, or D1, dash 3~Teleport?

Slips

[MENTION=4342]

[MENTION=2760]Slips[/MENTION], I was wondering if you could tell us why you do D1,D4~Spear instead of D1,D4~Teleport, or D1, dash 3~Teleport?
Just prefer the consistency of it. Check would actually do d1, 11, tp, 11 spear which is probably the best. I might get comfortable doing a more damaging combo in the future but right now I care more about making sure I get the vortex than initial damage.

Scoot Magee

D1 D4 spear is way more consistent and works even at the lowest point of a jump in. D4 teleport seems to whiff if it's too late in the jump.

D1 D4 spear is way more consistent and works even at the lowest point of a jump in. D4 teleport seems to whiff if it's too late in the jump.
the d4 is way slower than d1. the only time I ever pull out d4 anti air is when I see people jumping too much and if they go into jump-in distance. if they jump a little too close a D4 will catch them. but other than that, there is no anti air option for scoprion that is even as close as good as D1.

BTW since we are talking about anti airs. does a f43 into d1 the first available frame a good tech? Ive tried it in training mode and if they try to jump out, the d1 will catch them I do suggest a 1,1 follow up after that instead of instant teleport, because you will likely get it blocked if they dont jump at all. if you train the opponent to not jump at all, you might get a free 334 or 111 pressure? let me know whether this is affective at all guys, thanks.

Scoot Magee

I meant D1 as a crossup AA followed by d4~spear like slips was doing in the tournament. TBH I don't know how good F43 is (I don't see any frame data on it in the frame data thread either) but I don't think theres much use for it outside of combos.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
But you can always D1 dash 3~teleport (3 has less frames of startup than 11, and lets you get 111 into the vortex)
Plus from my experience, D1 as anti crossup generally gets stuffed if you didn't get the higher part of the hit box to hit. As a result, the D4~Teleport shouldn't whiff in match, as it only whiffs on the lowest of D4's connection.

Interestingly enough, D1,D4~teleport>vortex setup gives the same damage as D1 dash 11~teleport>vortex setup.

Scoot Magee

Yeah you're right. I think the d1 d4 teleport is actually the easiest one to execute out of all of them because you dont have to worry about an accidental takedown or f3. Good to know about the damage also.