What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster What character can do well against GM Sub-Zero?

I've seen Aquaman beat Brady at TOTFC convincingly. Since that klone was nerfed,if my memory serves me correctly, that matcchup is heavily in War God's favor.
Uhh no... I put him in losers 2-0. After losing to Kevo i just couldnt get over the loss and just did a sleep walk through lasers finals and got outplayed. Keep in mind at that point I played vs NO ONE and only did practice mode.

HOWEVER, there are a lot of characters that are assumed to lose badly to SZ and this is simply untrue. Many match ups that you guys see as one sided in SZ's favor are either even or close to it.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Uhh no... I put him in losers 2-0. After losing to Kevo i just couldnt get over the loss and just did a sleep walk through lasers finals and got outplayed. Keep in mind at that point I played vs NO ONE and only did practice mode.

HOWEVER, there are a lot of characters that are assumed to lose badly to SZ and this is simply untrue. Many match ups that you guys see as one sided in SZ's favor are either even or close to it.
My bad, it was a long time ago and I honestly don't remember that well hence I said what I said earlier. I do remember that Aquaman beat Brady though one time, however, thank you from politely correcting me :p

Snoop88

Noob
D'vorah SQ is 6-4 vs Sub AT LEAST. She's got answer for almost his every option and subby don't have enough tools to pressure her correctly.

To the list of Sub's bad match-ups I would also add JC Stunt Double. And what do you guys think of Predator Hunter aka Sub-Zero 2.0?

zoofs

bless
D'vorah SQ is 6-4 vs Sub AT LEAST. She's got answer for almost his every option and subby don't have enough tools to pressure her correctly.

To the list of Sub's bad match-ups I would also add JC Stunt Double. And what do you guys think of Predator Hunter aka Sub-Zero 2.0?
stunt double is 5-5

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Grandmaster is better than Hunter

zoofs

bless
me losing to demise would truly mean cybernetic wins the mu, that guy isnt even close to being on the kinetic level

JDM

Noob
Regardless of whether it's correct or not, you are aware that for the most part people aren't "realising" anything right? He was ranked highly with a similar justification in the latest tier list posted by top players, people are just doing what they always do and blindly agreeing with that. When the next YOMI tier list comes out in a few months, if they put Sub Zero in the bottom half of the cast everyone will be saying how overrated Sub is and how terrible this thread is and how well we've levelled up since this thread etc. People on here are sheep, nothing else to it
Haha, true.

JDM

Noob

Hey whatever happened to you picking up hunter I thought it was better in every way right

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Sub's slide goes under Cyber Kano knives so Sub takes away Cyber's strength in this mu. It's probably 5-5 or slightly in Sub's favor imo.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah, I play a Clone Wars JC pretty regularly. It feels pretty even. Yes, Johnny's clone can counter Sub's, but there's never a great time for JC to activate it outside of pressure (where it's most useful imo). And the cool down on it is a little harsh.