What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster What character can do well against GM Sub-Zero?

Wigy

There it is...
SD is just the least bad matchup variation for cage. Cage relies on the clones for combo damage and pressure, its a risk getting them up and all they do is stop subzero entirely dominating the neutral game, if he gets hit by a CSK it leads to nothing. I really don't think this is in cages favour even vaguely 5-5 at best

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Bone Shaper Shinnok, Shaolin Kung Jin, Swarm Queen D'vorah, Summoner Quan, Hish-Qu-Ten Predator.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
i think its pretty 5-5
Why didn't I get notified for this quote lol

I don't know, but then again if I played the SZ players everyday it prolly be different

Would you atleast say if anybody edges it, it's SD?

Your playing the best SD player everyday so your opinion has more merit than mine :D

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Title thread. I can't for the life of me play against this character I main characters with no teleports to be honest so it's hard for me at times to get in. This isn't a complaint thread. I just wanna git gud and do well against this character.
Tempest and Goro!

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I wish F/T beat Sub-zero.
Maybe if the buffed charge to be safe when MB or something.
Otherwise its basically just pray he doesn't know how bad his j.1 bodies us :(
Pray they dont know how to bait wake ups and punish in the corner and pray they dont know how to bait just one ferra throw with no clone up modscreen. Its literally all it takes. If Subzero blocks one Ferra toss THEN he gets his free clone and free clone toss, which means free meter and plus frames at a minimum. (I believe Tom made a video on everything sub gets after block one toss too, or maybe it was on his stream omce cant remember). Of course if sub is just mashing clone summon in the nuetral with no thought behind it then yes I will throw Ferra through it but Sub players dont really know how to bait shit like that from what Ive seen. Also since Ferra wont be on our backs immediately after getting up in the corner if we do anythung but wake up(which makes her come back early) then sub gets to press whatever he wants. Im the corner he just has to summon clone and wait a bit and theres nothing we can do except guess right.

Yak

Noob
Predator, tremor, kung jin, takeda, quan, ferra, SD cage, raiden... There's probably more but those I know beat him and/or blow up any clone stuff. I think possible ermac but I'm not 100% sure on that one