What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster What character can do well against GM Sub-Zero?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Title thread. I can't for the life of me play against this character I main characters with no teleports to be honest so it's hard for me at times to get in. This isn't a complaint thread. I just wanna git gud and do well against this character.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm a special forces main and I really like this match up. Using the homing missile allows you to appoach or zone more effectively as the missile will destroy the clone.

It helps you to approach because they'll no longer be able to use the clone as a parry because the homing missile will simply destroy it and you can continue your pressure.

zoofs

bless
okay idk what these posts are but to me his bad mus are

hqt, aftershock/crystalline, dvorah, shaolin and he might have another random 6-4 but those are the main ones

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
every move into ice clone on block gets punished by the machine gun, Jacqui has good tool to deal with his lameness. Its in her favor.
There's EX ice clone as well.. :) and the clone is not her problem (unless it's in the corner). The problem is he has a lot of ways around her machine gun (his slide with a fast ass recovery), EX iceball, his range is way better than hers...
It's in his favor, but probably you will never know since everytime you play someone you win one and leave. I don't even know why I bothered talking to you anyway...

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Quan Chi and Dvorah kick his ass, Tempest and Boneshaper do too to a lesser extent

Espio

Kokomo
@zoofs Going for those dank Batman and Robin Mr Freeze puns.

Tremor, Dvoarh, Lao, Kitana, Kang, Predz
I don't understand how Kitana gives Sub-Zero real problems. 5-5 might be pushing it honestly because even in mournful he can slide under glaives and what not. He just has really good options to get around her zoning and pressure her really well. He can frustrate her attempts to get going with his good hitbox lowering pokes too. I'd be more inclined to believe Kitana loses than Kitana is a good counter character for Sub-Zero.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
okay idk what these posts are but to me his bad mus are

hqt, aftershock/crystalline, dvorah, shaolin and he might have another random 6-4 but those are the main ones
How does crystalline beat the Klone? It absorbs db1 as if it were a projectile

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Full Auto Jacqui, Shotgun Jacqui (low shotgun goes through clone and hits Subby, tech shield absorbs clone toss), SF and Demo Sonya, Shinnok, RS Kitana