What's new

Question - Kenshi What changes Kenshi deserves if there is a new patch?

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Balanced and Possessed can also do db4f. Possessed can also teleport (So Kenshi can also NINGA GAIDEN?). Also if you notice your opponent is afraid to move then you can run up and throw them. Also, that teleport cancel situation?(scorpion). If you don't go full-auto mode on your specials and let them teleport cancel, it's YOU that has the advantage.
Im amazed that you compare kenshi teleport to the rest of the cast !!! And if i dont go full auto , what im i suposed to do ? run fullscreen and grab>?? UAU The mix ups lol

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

Balanced and Possessed can also do db4f. Possessed can also teleport (So Kenshi can also NINGA GAIDEN?). Also if you notice your opponent is afraid to move then you can run up and throw them. Also, that teleport cancel situation?(scorpion). If you don't go full-auto mode on your specials and let them teleport cancel, it's YOU that has the advantage.
Teleport cancel is neutral , how come i have the advantage ?!! im no expert on frame data but if its 0 that means its safe right ?! They all SPAM D1 after teleport cancel what causes even more pressure . its SCORPION VS KENSHI BRO COM ON Scorpion IS BEAST !!

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Teleport cancel is neutral , how come i have the advantage ?!! im no expert on frame data but if its 0 that means its safe right ?! They all SPAM D1 after teleport cancel what causes even more pressure . its SCORPION VS KENSHI BRO COM ON Scorpion IS BEAST !!
0 on what? If scorpion does a string into the teleport cancel he is minus (Don't know exact frames). If they're spamming d1 out of the teleport cancel you have to make that read. They're gonna keep doing it if they know you can't deal with it. If you threw out a special and they timed the teleport right then yes they have advantage. Also if they throw out a teleport cancel in the neutral then you have frame advantage. You just can't be afraid to press buttons.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Im amazed that you compare kenshi teleport to the rest of the cast !!! And if i dont go full auto , what im i suposed to do ? run fullscreen and grab>?? UAU The mix ups lol
Don't underestimate the throw. It's a good way to create some space for Kenshi.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

OK i have to be clear on what your talking about?

Are you talking about Kenshi's Teleport cancel or what is advantage on his teleport after he hits you on block?
After he hits you on block, its never 0 on block.
it depends on what move he uses and what he holds before he uses the move on the way down!

after Kenshi Teleport ill list advantage of each option: Holding Forward makes it a jump in punch and not holding forward makes it a NJP. now with all that said:

his options (while in air) after Teleport:

Holding Forward options:

1 = -2
2 = +2 - this is the only one in kenshi's favor and probably the one they are doing!
3 = -4
4 = -3

Teleport into 1,2,3, or 4 which is considered a NJP:
1 = -8
2 = -8
3 = -5
4 = -5

---------------------------

so if your talking about kenshi doing a teleport and then hitting opponent on block they are probably using hold Forward then pressing 2 so they are 2 frames in advantage so they can follow up with a quick 7 frame poke.

BUT if you are talking about in menu in moves list how it says Teleport Cancel advantage 0. that just means you can not use another Special linked onto his teleport. if he had 20 or so frame cancel advantage that indicates that he can link a special move on the end of that string/move.

but if you can clerify what you are talking about then i can probably help more.

but if you are talking about Kenshi's advantage after Teleport into hit on block, then what i said above should clarify everything to you and why Kenshi has advantage after Teleport hit.

Last edited:

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

OK i have to be clear on what your talking about?

Are you talking about Kenshi's Teleport cancel or what is advantage on his teleport after he hits you on block?
After he hits you on block, its never 0 on block.
it depends on what move he uses and what he holds before he uses the move on the way down!

after Kenshi Teleport ill list advantage of each option: Holding Forward makes it a jump in punch and not holding forward makes it a NJP. now with all that said:

Holding Forward options:

1 = -2
2 = +2 - this is the only one in kenshi's favor and probably the one they are doing!
3 = -4
4 = -3

1 = -8
2 = -8
3 = -5
4 = -5

---------------------------

so if your talking about kenshi doing a teleport and then hitting opponent on block they are probably using hold Forward then pressing 2 so they are 2 frames in advantage so they can follow up with a quick 7 frame poke.

BUT if you are talking about in menu in moves list how it says Teleport Cancel advantage 0. that just means you can not use another Special linked onto his teleport. if he had 20 or so frame cancel advantage that indicates that he can link a special move on the end of that string/move.

but if you can clerify what you are talking about then i can probably help more.

but if you are talking about Kenshi's advantage after Teleport into hit on block, then what i said above should clarify everything to you and why Kenshi has advantage after Teleport hit.
Actually i was talking about Scorpions teleport cancel lol But thanks on the info about kenshis teleport the same !! you wore very clear and helpfull , without trying to look all " i place top 8 so shut up NOOB " LOL Very rare around this parts .... Thank you .

MadeOfMetal

yeah i know , but against a good player , grabs will only get you so far . Good players dont fall for that kind of thing .
no they dont well not often its certainly not something you can do to them more than twice in a match without getting punishment for that is probably not worth it.

i tried against
Frostybunni and that shit did not work, people like him seem to have the chess type of gameplay, they think several moves ahead, and when you do a certain move, based on what moves can best be used after they base there move based around that logic . at least thats what most of the players i played said they do. and ikt kinda seems like some of there matchup knoledge is kinda mind reading or something daman akin to it. ;)

being repetitive is very bad for your health.

Actually i was talking about Scorpions teleport cancel lol But thanks on the info about kenshis teleport the same !! you wore very clear and helpfull , without trying to look all " i place top 8 so shut up NOOB " LOL Very rare around this parts .... Thank you .
It seems that When i do Scorpion Teleport Cancel I.E. Hold DOWN. Opponent has 1 frame of an advantage. i guess it would matter what move they used before, like if hellfire did a cancel that was halla Plus on block and teleported into cancel then did a Down 1. then maybe he would be at advantage.

but you can do what i did as well.

get a video testing program that slows it down to single frames. and skip through each one, one by one. and you can see before Scorpion is able to punch your opponent is turned around and stands in the Zero State position at least 1 frame before scorpion is able to punch.

In short Scorpion is not at advantage from Teleport cancel.

May i ask what type of TV you have, cuz if you are not playing on a gaming monitor, that could be your problem. you could be getting Input Lag from your TV that your opponent is not experiencing and only you are!

you could have as little as 3 frames of lag on a standard HDTV. that your display lags in real time after you press buttons or your opponent. Input Lag on TV's mean= time it takes for you and your opponents inputs from your controller through your console to your TV.

Check your TV at Displaylag.com

if you have TV you really need to buy a Gaming monitor

with at Most 2ms response time and below 10ms Input Lag

i have the ( Click Me:r ASUS VS278Q-P 27" Gaming Monitor 1ms/1ms :lClick Me)

In this thread i posted all the good tournament ready 10ms and below 27" monitors that are confirmed and backed by Displaylag.com

Here: ( CLICK ME :rDo Monitors Make That Big Of A Difference? :l CLICK ME )

No problem doggie.

and no im usually never mean to others, in fact cuz i stood up for others on this site, Pig hates me. im against others treating people like they are held to a higher standard than others, i find it obnoxious and immoral as well as close to Racist in a way. "similar ways of thinking".

but yeah i can actually look at Scorpions data and run it through the CPU and tell ya if its advantagious and why if you would like, its no problem for me.

Last edited:

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

no they dont well not often its certainly not something you can do to them more than twice in a match without getting punishment for that is probably not worth it.

i tried against
Frostybunni and that shit did not work, people like him seem to have the chess type of gameplay, they think several moves ahead, and when you do a certain move, based on what moves can best be used after they base there move based around that logic . at least thats what most of the players i played said they do. and ikt kinda seems like some of there matchup knoledge is kinda mind reading or something daman akin to it. ;)

being repetitive is very bad for your health.

It seems that When i do Scorpion Teleport Cancel I.E. Hold DOWN. Opponent has 1 frame of an advantage. i guess it would matter what move they used before, like if hellfire did a cancel that was halla Plus on block and teleported into cancel then did a Down 1. then maybe he would be at advantage.

but you can do what i did as well.

get a video testing program that slows it down to single frames. and skip through each one, one by one. and you can see before Scorpion is able to punch your opponent is turned around and stands in the Zero State position at least 1 frame before scorpion is able to punch.

In short Scorpion is not at advantage from Teleport cancel.

May i ask what type of TV you have, cuz if you are not playing on a gaming monitor, that could be your problem. you could be getting Input Lag from your TV that your opponent is not experiencing and only you are!

you could have as little as 3 frames of lag on a standard HDTV. that your display lags in real time after you press buttons or your opponent. Input Lag on TV's mean= time it takes for you and your opponents inputs from your controller through your console to your TV.

Check your TV at Displaylag.com

if you have TV you really need to buy a Gaming monitor

with at Most 2ms response time and below 10ms Input Lag

i have the ( Click Me:r ASUS VS278Q-P 27" Gaming Monitor 1ms/1ms :lClick Me)

In this thread i posted all the good tournament ready 10ms and below 27" monitors that are confirmed and backed by Displaylag.com

Here: ( CLICK ME :rDo Monitors Make That Big Of A Difference? :l CLICK ME )

No problem doggie.

and no im usually never mean to others, in fact cuz i stood up for others on this site, Pig hates me. im against others treating people like they are held to a higher standard than others, i find it obnoxious and immoral as well as close to Racist in a way. "similar ways of thinking".

but yeah i can actually look at Scorpions data and run it through the CPU and tell ya if its advantagious and why if you would like, its no problem for me.
You are like the " the wiki " from mk lol just kidding !! Its all good bro , i play for fun , but oi like to know just how to get out of certain situations . But usually i get " sarcasm " its ok . I understand that top players can and should have the " cockiness and even arrogance " to say . dont waste time with people who dont play at the "HIGHER LEVEL " , i understand that , but just because people dont play in tournaments in the USA doesnt mean there are not great players out there . People can and should claim the right for opinion . Dont we all say something like " HE SHOULD HAVE PASS THE BALL " either be in American Football , soccer or whatever ....sometimes even pros make mistakes...DONT THEY ...?!!!!! Unless your SONICFOX !! DAAAAAM

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie

Holding Forward options:

1 = -2
3 = -4
4 = -3

1 = -8
2 = -8
3 = -5
4 = -5
Where are you getting these frames from?

Jip be it 1 or 2 always jail into most the characters normals and strings and Possessed Ji1 is not the same as Balanced and Kenjutsu. NJP's and NJK's are plus on the way down, very plus actually.

If you're getting these frames from the in game frame data on jumping attacks those number are just wrong.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Dude. Those suggested buffs won't do anything. Even if posessed could special cancel f4 it would still be useless. Kenjutsu sword shouldn't have a hit box its a sword and he's already not good.
And I guess the balanced is fine but the hit boxes on all his moves should be fixed so you can't just run passed them

MadeOfMetal

You are like the " the wiki " from mk lol just kidding !! Its all good bro , i play for fun , but oi like to know just how to get out of certain situations . But usually i get " sarcasm " its ok . I understand that top players can and should have the " cockiness and even arrogance " to say . dont waste time with people who dont play at the "HIGHER LEVEL " , i understand that , but just because people dont play in tournaments in the USA doesnt mean there are not great players out there . People can and should claim the right for opinion . Dont we all say something like " HE SHOULD HAVE PASS THE BALL " either be in American Football , soccer or whatever ....sometimes even pros make mistakes...DONT THEY ...?!!!!! Unless your SONICFOX !! DAAAAAM
100% agree

MadeOfMetal

Where are you getting these frames from?

Jip be it 1 or 2 always jail into most the characters normals and strings and Possessed Ji1 is not the same as Balanced and Kenjutsu. NJP's and NJK's are plus on the way down, very plus actually.

If you're getting these frames from the in game frame data on jumping attacks those number are just wrong.
ohh i went by frame data in game, and didnt realize it was inaccurate. should have realized. most shit in there is.

i do know that jump in punch 1 on kenjutsu is -2 and JIP2 is +2

coconutshrimp

ohh i went by frame data in game, and didnt realize it was inaccurate. should have realized. most shit in there is.

i do know that jump in punch 1 on kenjutsu is -2 and JIP2 is +2
It's all good. Kenjutsu/Balanced ji1 need to be fixed. On block sometimes you can interrupt the string, on hit sometimes nornals don't combo because of it's bad advantage. It's not even like Pre Patch Lao ji2 where the weapon has a huge hitbox, the hitbox actually isn't that good all things considered, it does it's job but the frames are shiet.

MadeOfMetal

It's all good. Kenjutsu/Balanced ji1 need to be fixed. On block sometimes you can interrupt the string, on hit sometimes nornals don't combo because of it's bad advantage. It's not even like Pre Patch Lao ji2 where the weapon has a huge hitbox, the hitbox actually isn't that good all things considered, it does it's job but the frames are shiet.
agree i just hope NRS sees it this way. yeah i Love HATE JIP1 cuz its a cool nice decent really ranged JIP and 2 is shitty range but good advantage, and i just never really want to use JIP1 cuz well you know, if that makes sense. i just started on my coffee XD

coconutshrimp

agree i just hope NRS sees it this way. yeah i Love HATE JIP1 cuz its a cool nice decent really ranged JIP and 2 is shitty range but good advantage, and i just never really want to use JIP1 cuz well you know, if that makes sense. i just started on my coffee XD
Ji4 tho is Kenshi's best ji FREE. It is get this, actually consistent on most characters. It's hitbox is super good