What's new

Question - Kenshi What changes Kenshi deserves if there is a new patch?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
All I have to say about Kenshi Balanced until the patch and what I'm hoping for one of my favorite variations.

1. BF3 made minus 30 on whiff
2. Overhead slash made plus 10 on hit
3. EX BF2 plus 5 on block
4. S4 is a 10 frame mid
5. Overhead slash is minus 6 on block
6. Teleflurry MB like @ismael4790 described, the hit would be a -10 on block and plus 10 on hit mid that would send the opponent back a ways. Not far enough from point blank to full screen, but like half screen.
7. Give Kenshi(and everyone else) a backdash as good as Sub-Zero, Quan, and Kano.

I think this would make Balanced a good character.

I haven't played enough Possessed to comment, the only match if played with possessed, I instantly rage quit because my opponent ran through my teleflurry and haven't touched him since.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
All I have to say about Kenshi Balanced until the patch and what I'm hoping for one of my favorite variations.

4. S4 is a 10 frame mid
6. Teleflurry MB like @ismael4790 described, the hit would be a -10 on block and plus 10 on hit mid that would send the opponent back a ways. Not far enough from point blank to full screen, but like half screen.
7. Give Kenshi(and everyone else) a backdash as good as Sub-Zero, Quan, and Kano.

I haven't played enough Possessed to comment, the only match if played with possessed, I instantly rage quit because my opponent ran through my teleflurry and haven't touched him since.
He definitely needs all those changes. About the MB teleflurry, I think if Kenshi is spending a bar and makes the right read, the opponent should be sent fullscreen, it's fair because he lives by meter. Also the animation could be the same as teleflurry.

I would add bf2 having more pushback and/or being less minus on block (more like possessed push, Balanced one is pretty bad now) and ex overhead slash having a purpose in the game (maybe added 1 hit of armor to it and launching for teleflurry midscreen and full combo in corner, or being + on block if it's not armored). Regular overhead slash definitely needs faster startup.

As far as strings and normals are concerned, b2 should be an overhead (in an ideal world, an overhead with more range, using the sword), 4412 string having his gap removed, and maybe 21 and 212 could be +2 on block. b1~overheadslash shouldn't be gapped, same as 322~overheadslash. Also, f4 getting the big boot treatment would be nice.

Even with ALL of this happening, he would not be higher than mid tier, so don't worry, Kenshi haters xD

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

4. S4 is a 10 frame mid

I like these changes as well

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Transferred from my google Doc. to here so all can view without opening the Google Doc.

I'm sure some of you on your phones don't like to open up google docs inside of TYM.

(((((((( My Kenshi Changes Oct, 4th )))))))) :

<<<<<<<<<Kenjutsu>>>>>>>>>>:

Dream Buffs for Kenjutsu in Blue:
buffs in Blue help Neutral:

standard Text is needed Adjustments that i feel are Fair for what he has trouble with, considering the cast with there dirt, all i ask is he gets a safe Mixup tool,
but i want his Launcher to remain Negative and punishable and even request that its even more negative because -10 on block is hard to punish for sum with that pushback/blockstun he has with Nado.

• (D4/Stun Strike) 8 Startup down from 13.
  • (D3/Straight Kick) 9 Startup down from 11.
  • (B1/Double Slap) 10 Startup down from 13.
  • (DB1/Rising Sword) 26 Recovery down from 33.
  • (BF2/Tele-Push) is -8 on block with same pushback.
  • (EX BF2/Tele-Blast) 37 Recovery Down from 42.
  • (DF1/Spinning Blade) -8 on block down from -10 on block.
  • (EX DF1/Blade-Nado) 11 Startup down from 14.
  • (EX DF1/Blade-Nado) -13 up from -10. Nerf it so it can be punished properly its a Launching armor that leads to Restand/Vortex.

<<<<<<Balanced>>>>>>:

Now this would be my Dream Buffs(written in Blue for Balanced Kenshi)
the rest in standard is needed changes for his Zoning and Space Control:

Reasons why i added better neutral up close in Blue is because even though he is decent at keeping others out, we all know this game does not allow Characters to keep Rush-downs out, its geared around getting in, and there are plenty of ways to do that From Run Button to Meaty Armored advancing moves to Beefy Godlike advancing Mids to Low profiling gap closers

• (D4) 8 Startup down from 13.
  • (D3) 9 Startup down from 11.
  • (B1) 10 Startup down from 13 .
  • (F4) Is now special Cancel-able. Can help with Space Control, and another why not Make this awesome high Cancelable into SP/TF/TS?
  • (Telekinetic Slice/DB4/DB4B/DB4F) 23 Recovery down from 26.
  • (Telekinetic Slash/BLK+DB4/Close/Far) 21 down from 26.
  • (Karma Eruption/BLK+DB1) - Starts up 5 frames faster and 18 Frames Recovery like normal version.
  • (Rising Karma/DB1) is 18 Recovery Down From 23
  • (Rising Karma/DB1 and Karma Eruption/BLK+DB1) - has larger hit-box to Help catch Crossovers and to Help catch Jump ins easier, (this could be a very viable AA for Kenshi)
  • (F2/Face Slap) start up is [13] Frames Down From [16]
  • (Tele-Flurry/BF3) - Recovery 35 Down From 43
  • (Tele-Beatdown/BLK+BF3) - Recovery 35 Down From 43

I feel these request are reasonable and fair. what do you think?

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
(EX DF1/Blade-Nado) -13 up from -10. Nerf it so it can be punished properly its a Launching armor that leads to Restand/Vortex.
Umm no, everyone in the game can punish this it's not really that hard to unless it's spaced out in which case Kenshi should be safer and harder to punish

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What I'd change:

Balanced:
-Push has 5 frames less recovery on hit and block (Makes it -10 on block; down from -15)
-EX Push has 6 frames less blockstun on second hit, but pushes back about 2x further than before on the second hit (Makes it -8; down from -2)
-TKS has 3 frames less recovery and 3 frames more hitstun (-7 on block; up from -10/+5 on hit; up from -1)
-EX TKS second hit now comes out on block and is +2 on block and pushes back the same distance as the new EX push

Possessed:
-EX teleport has 8 frames less startup (Now starts up in 14 frames; down from 22 frames)
-All normals out of teleport have 4 frames more blockstun

Kenjutsu:
-Blade spin has 5 frames less recovery (Now is -5 on block; up from -10)
-EX rising sword goes straight up, and has 6 frames less startup (Now starts up in 10 frames; down from 16 frames)

I know shit all about Kenshi...this just seems like the best plan to me.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
What I'd change:

Balanced:
-Push has 5 frames less recovery on hit and block (Makes it -10 on block; down from -15)
-EX Push has 6 frames less blockstun on second hit, but pushes back about 2x further than before on the second hit (Makes it -8; down from -2)
-TKS has 3 frames less recovery and 3 frames more hitstun (-7 on block; up from -10/+5 on hit; up from -1)
-EX TKS second hit now comes out on block and is +2 on block and pushes back the same distance as the new EX push

Possessed:
-EX teleport has 8 frames less startup (Now starts up in 14 frames; down from 22 frames)
-All normals out of teleport have 4 frames more blockstun

Kenjutsu:
-Blade spin has 5 frames less recovery (Now is -5 on block; up from -10)
-EX rising sword goes straight up, and has 6 frames less startup (Now starts up in 10 frames; down from 16 frames)

I know shit all about Kenshi...this just seems like the best plan to me.
Needs more HGH