What's new

Question - Kenshi What changes Kenshi deserves if there is a new patch?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If kp3 happens, we all know Kenshi deserves some help to get out of the bottom tier section.
The question is, what changes would you like to see for him, in all variations?

Here are the recent changes that @YOMI REO suggested for him:

Kenshi:
- Bug causing whiffed air attacks to have no recovery now fixed.
- EX Reflect now absorbs and heals Kenshi by the amount of damage the projectile attack is worth.

Balanced:
- EX Shoulder Charge (B,F+2+BLK) is now +6 on block.
- All version of Overhead Slash are now -6 on block.
- The second hit of EX Overhead Slash (D,B+4+BLK) now comes out on block.
- EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) is now 2 frames faster.
- EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) damage increased to 16%.
- The last hit of EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) is now +10 on block.

Possessed:
- F+4 can now be cancelled into specials on hit and block.

Kenjutsu:
- All sword based attacks now have hurtboxes.

Kenshi players, discuss, and add your own ideas!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
CSZ nerfs put the final nail in the coffin for me, but a buffed Balanced Kenshi would bring me back instantly.

Things like a slightly + on block EX Shoulder, fixing OH Drop Strike frames, and a use for EX telefurry would go a long way. His strings and dashes and such aren't as good as in MK9 anyway.

But it's pointless, because we all know Balanced isn't getting buffed lol.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Did this thread seriously get made like 47 minutes after save balanced Kenshi was sent to the neatherrealm? Good luck, I think balanced is bad and could use help, but damn... Nothing is going to change about anything Kenshi. When none of the balanced specific specials got changes in XL patch when Kenhsi got his other changes, it should be odvious what is going to happen in an imaginary patch that hasn't been confirmed for KP3 which also hasnt been confirmed.

I think for the most part they should just copy MK9 Kenshi and paste him in MKX for Balanced Kenshi, then adjust the frame data for his down pokes to be consistent with the average MKX Down poke, to name a few changes. MK9 Kenshi fits MKX better than the last game.

But I'm not holding my breath for any future patches, which may or may not happen. Kenshi is as he is. If or when the opportunity to go to another tournament or major presents itself I'll learn a better character. Till then I'm using Kenshi's better variations.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Make EX Overhead Slash launch.

All tweaks aside, whatever bonus stuff is given aside - because every other pre-KP2 character variation in the game that needed help/wasn't already nerfed to death/was on the discussion table throughout all of Year One has gotten it in some useful way or another except Hat Trick - this would change the game completely for him. Especially if Reo got his way and it along with the Flurries were made safer.

No one respects the Tele-Flurry because if you duck it, the worst you're eating is either an Overhead Slash, or an EX Overhead Slash that doesn't accomplish shit at the moment other than wasting a bar...even though Possessed has the mix of Totem, Teleport, and the occasional DF4, and Kenjutsu plays a different game completely.

Balanced's entire purpose is to keep people the fuck out and make them afraid to budge.
You can't do that if two of his most important tools in doing so are currently without real use.

Give the man what he needs.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I like Reo's suggestions, but he didn't clarify if he meant that all hits of ex-teleflurry should come out on block.
It seems so: "The last hit of EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) is now +10 on block". That would be nice.

About other changes, I also think ex overhead slash second hit should launch and be like +3 on block, and all versions of overhead slash should get faster startup and be more plus on hit.
Regular push should be less negative (like in Possessed, but with less blockstun).

Possessed f4 idea is interesting and would help for sure. The move is completely pointless now.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
You've caught him red handed. Paulo balances the game just to troll you, coconutshrimp.
Because that is exactly what I was implying, oh sir you are a fucking genius really, among the greats like Keemstar. Did I say that he balances the game to troll people? NO, if that were the case there'd be a lot more low tiers than there are.

But let's try to not let a TYM Forum spiral into madness and try to avoid arguments about dumb shit, if you didn't understand my post and took it the wrong way that's on you, Tony at Home

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I refuse to belive the variation is so bad like Dualist, Hatrick, MoS, Fisticuffs and Ancestral. Someone needs to prove me wrong.

1,1,1 to be -5 on block
EX shoulder push (b,f+2) being +6 on block is to strong. So maybe plus +3
Faster start-up on overhead slice to properly mix up
Teleflurry Start up to be 11 frames

Or...

just nerf all characters

Lokheit

Noob
- All versions of EX Push being better on block.

- Fixing the disaster of the weird damage scaling in many moves (though given how the just augmented the damage of s4, probably there are technical difficulties there and they can't so they increased the damage from the main combo ender to compensate).

- Balanced overhead spirits giving advantage on hit to keep the combo (like Sektor's rockets or Tremor's rocks).

- Kenjutsu DB1 keeping the opponent in the air just a bit longer (I think it was done during the online beta and then reverted but I'm not sure).

Not asking for the moon, a couple of simple changes that could have a good impact on the character.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Safe Spirit charge , Ex rising karma should be plus , an overhead of course , and a 11 poke like cage and im good .

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Ex rising karma HAS to be negative, it's an armor launcher that leads to +30% combos into fullscreen carry. Now it is -17, I would make it -15.

Probably you are refering to EX Spirit Charge, which should be plus indeed.
Makes sense . it is a lancher , but is anyone in mkx who has armour move lancher that is safe ? because if there is , i can make this claim lol