What's new

Question What Buffs should Green Lantern get?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Superman can backdash it from the farthest distance so i must be misunderstanding
I must have my memory off, because I could've sworn that that was the case. I don't have my 360 hooked up, so I can't actually test.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
At the very absolute max range it jails. By Evo everyone will be backdashing it.
not Superman
I must have my memory off, because I could've sworn that that was the case. I don't have my 360 hooked up, so I can't actually test.
idk but im doing it right now, willing to bet Batman can too. with Superman it isnt even hard to backdash and punish it lol
Batman can do it max range too

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
not Superman

idk but im doing it right now, willing to bet Batman can too. with Superman it isnt even hard to backdash and punish it lol
Batman can do it max range too
If someone can consistently backdash B13 after blocking B1, you can just B1 minigun or B1OR MB for full combo. B1OR MB is also safe.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Lantern is one of the most solid characters on the game. He is fine :3 no buffs needed

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Tbh, though, the problem with Raven is moreso that GL outside of lift range will struggle hard vs Raven. Yes, GL can play footsies, and yes, patience gets you in, but the issue is that GL cannot properly contest things such as her trait, and does not have a dash that can actually zip past pillars done in the same spot after blocking one. Yeah, you can get in, but not before you let Raven build a ton of meter to pushblock you back out or do chunks of damage and set up trait again. That matchup actually is hard for GL.

But as I said, his hard matchups are seriously uncommon. And I'm not sold on MMH being bad still. I want to see that matchup played at a high level for once, and see if my ideas do work.
It is hard but it is impossible if you try and dash after pillars, which people still do.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Green Lantern needs no buffs. I believe Zatanna is 2-8 (That matchup is insanely dumb for GL) and besides that nothing is worse than 4-6. Sinestro WITH trait could be 3-7 but your job is not allowing him to get trait. Here's my opinion on his questionable MUs...

Cyborg= 4-6 (Very hard to get in on but who really cares, no one uses him.)
Raven= 4-6 (GL definitely has to work harder in this MU but walk speed and patience is key.)
DS= 5-5 (It's an annoying MU for GL but I wouldn't say he's at a disadvantage.)
Superman= 4-6 (Prepatch, I would have called this GL's only 3-7 but now it's 4-6 maybe 5-5.)
Zod= 4-6 (Just like Cyborg+ an annoying trait and people actually use him.)
Sinestro= 4-6 (This matchup can go 3-7 if you allow Sinestro to get trait out.)
MMH= 4-6 (Annoying but he has to respect B1 after a blocked teleport, most of the time lol)
Zatanna= 2-8 (This is the only MU where GL will look like a trash character, you can't jump, you can't apply pressure, you can't zone, no oki game, and you have to be careful to even walk. The ball really is entirely in Zatanna's court in this MU.)

Edit: I've heard Bane's bad but I've never really played a good one.

Fred Marvel

Green Lantern needs no buffs. I believe Zatanna is 2-8 (That matchup is insanely dumb for GL) and besides that nothing is worse than 4-6. Sinestro WITH trait could be 3-7 but your job is not allowing him to get trait. Here's my opinion on his questionable MUs...

Raven= 4-6 (GL definitely has to work harder in this MU but walk speed and patience is key.)
Superman= 4-6 (Prepatch, I would have called this GL's only 3-7 but now it's 4-6 maybe 5-5.)
MMH= 4-6 (Annoying but he has to respect B1 after a blocked teleport, most of the time lol)
Zatanna= 2-8 (This is the only MU where GL will look like a trash character, you can't jump, you can't apply pressure, you can't zone, no oki game, and you have to be careful to even walk. The ball really is entirely in Zatanna's court in this MU.)
Martian Manhunter isnt 6-4 just because you can check teleport with b1, its worse
Zod is worse than Cyborg because he has better zoning better damage a better backdash lol and has a trait that KEEPS YOU OUT
Raven is 7-3....wait why am i still arguing matchups lol

Edit: I've heard Bane's bad but I've never really played a good one.
I personally think SM is 5-5 but other wise I agree with all this. Zatanna....hate her...Kenshi Subzero all over again lol.

Martian Manhunter isnt 6-4 just because you can check teleport with b1, its worse
Zod is worse than Cyborg because he has better zoning better damage a better backdash lol and has a trait that KEEPS YOU OUT
Question is...why are you still trying to be the biggest downplayer in the Lantern community?

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I personally think SM is 5-5 but other wise I agree with all this. Zatanna....hate her...Kenshi Subzero all over again lol.
Lol yea I'm really at a loss in that MU. Only reason Superman still sits at 4-6 territory for me is because of how much chip he can do just from zoning. Even if the GL is perfect and dodges all the lasers, Superman has gained over a meter of bar and all GL has done is make the match even by getting midscreen.

Fred Marvel

Question is...why are you still trying to be the biggest downplayer in the Lantern community?
forgot the Batman matchup thats slightly in batty boy's favor
and the GL community is full of upplayers who think he only has like 3 losing matchups or something along those absurd lines

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Well I could have given more reasons but I wanted to keep it brief. BTW the Earth Lantern tier list is

1. Hal Jordan
2. Kyle Rayner (technically white)
3. John Stewert
4.Guy (technically red)
9. Simon Baz (Stupid friken addition imo)

forgot the Batman matchup thats slightly in batty boy's favor
and the GL community is full of upplayers who think he only has like 3 losing matchups or something along those absurd lines
Actually no, in my opinion he has 6. Thing is that only 1 out of those 6 is pretty hopeless. Just because it's 4-6 doesn't mean he's useless in the MU.

Fred Marvel

Lol yea I'm really at a loss in that MU. Only reason Superman still sits at 4-6 territory for me is because of how much chip he can do just from zoning. Even if the GL is perfect and dodges all the lasers, Superman has gained over a meter of bar and all GL has done is make the match even by getting midscreen.
EXACTLY.

Fred Marvel

Actually no, in my opinion he has 6. Thing is that only 1 out of those 6 is pretty hopeless. Just because it's 4-6 doesn't mean he's useless in the MU.
i literally just got done typing how 6-4 isnt unwinnable but didnt post it lol i know that i have no problem fighting Superman with GL ill bitch about it but thats not a "pick another character" matchup...however Raven is Zod is MMH is etc how you guys say those are 6-4 is beyond me i just dont get it. i havent even brought up batbitch i mean thats 6-4 too but a really annoying 6-4

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I don't think MB Turbine is worthless as posted in the OP. It's pretty useful against Arrow and Hawkgirl.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Buffs.....How about just giving me F2 being a real mid. If I get that I'll show you Johnny Cage. Also how about some legitimate counter hit setups where running these frame traps actually nets better combos and promotes smarter play. Aside from that the only thing that is glaring about GL for buffs would be simple. Play the character and quit complaining about match ups. The bad match ups in this game that he has are still winable they just require you to actually give more then the 25% you are giving half the time.

Suffokate

Worship Only What You Bleed
Green Lantern does not need buffs. If I had it my way he'd get nerfed but that's only because my Hawkgirl is free to any GL that knows what they're doing.