What's new

Question What Buffs should Green Lantern get?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
ok so this thread is for any ideas of buffs you think GL needs (i know it wont happen but still and yes he needs buffs)
so ill start with buffs i think he needs

slightly more distance on backdash and slightly less recovery, just slightly because i think bacdash into lift would be a little insane
give turbine (and air turbine) 15 frames of startup
MB turbine has 2 hits of armor instead of becoming a (useless) projectile
fix the oa's rocket mb glitch where you can mb rocket and lose a bar when they clash but they dont get hit by it
make f2 actually hit and make it 12 frames :)
make standing 2 6 frames since jab is useless af standing 1 could be 30 frames for all i care
MB Minigun + on block (idk +3 or something)
i think after all that he can be top tier and finally fight MMH fairly lol

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
GL in both this and MKDC disappoints me because he's such a cool character but his powers really aren't capitalized on. His moves definitely need more giant fists and shit
GL is just, like, as a general character. I mean you have one of the most powerful weapons in the universe on your finger and you....choose to make a minigun with it? Sick brah.

Fred Marvel

So? Not every character can be number 1. The only hopeless MU is Zatanna.
i dont want him to be #1 (can you imagine as many GLs as Batmans online lol) i just wish he was better
and no MMH, Raven, Zod, Sinestro (if the player is good and knows the MU) and i dont have the most Cyborg exp but that shit is awful too

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
he's mid tier and better dashes would help

he loses so many matchups tho...
My training partner is a Green Lantern and a VERY good one at that. He has shown me that he has the tools to win any matchup if you put enough work into it. It sucks but nothing is unwinnable with lantern's might.

...Except manhunter that shit is miserable for GL.

Fred Marvel

He does have losing match ups, but not unwinnable. His walk speed is one of his best tools. I just get inpatient sometimes.
his walk speed hardly matters in this game of dashes backdashes and air dashes.
he does have damn near unwinnable matchups he has multiple 3-7's

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
i dont want him to be #1 (can you imagine as many GLs as Batmans online lol) i just wish he was better
and no Raven, Zod, Sinestro (if the player is good and knows the MU) and i dont have the most Cyborg exp but that shit is awful too
Zod is winnable. Reaven/sinestro are harder, but winnable. You get in, You STAY in.

and no Raven, Zod, Sinestro (if the player is good and knows the MU) and i dont have the most Cyborg exp but that shit is awful too
So you don't want him to be number 1 but have no difficult MUs? His forward dash would be fine with a slight buff on recovery but that's it.