What's new

Question What Buffs should Green Lantern get?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The fact that he says a fast walkspeed is useless in this game pretty much shows why he thinks the character is so bad.

A fast walkspeed is one of the BEST things you can have in this game, it allows you to actually play footsies and whiff punish. This is why so many GLs think raven is unwinnable, they just try and dash in.
Tbh, though, the problem with Raven is moreso that GL outside of lift range will struggle hard vs Raven. Yes, GL can play footsies, and yes, patience gets you in, but the issue is that GL cannot properly contest things such as her trait, and does not have a dash that can actually zip past pillars done in the same spot after blocking one. Yeah, you can get in, but not before you let Raven build a ton of meter to pushblock you back out or do chunks of damage and set up trait again. That matchup actually is hard for GL.

But as I said, his hard matchups are seriously uncommon. And I'm not sold on MMH being bad still. I want to see that matchup played at a high level for once, and see if my ideas do work.

Lift should be full screen and unblockable. Minigun should reach full screen (regular version) and MB version should be unblockable. Make F3 6 frames. Oa's rocket should be a low and MB should be low into overhead. Im sure @AK XEN0M0RPH would agree with me on these, @AK Stormthegates as well.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I vouch for Xenomorph I have played him and Orochi and Greenlantern's forward walk speed is faster than Raven's backwalk you can get in.
why are you walking back when he's walking forward???? no soul crush or trait pillars that pushback on block?? and do a ton of chip.
maaaaaan nvm

why are you walking back when he's walking forward???? no soul crush or trait pillars that pushback on block?? and do a ton of chip.
maaaaaan nvm
A. B/c her back walk is godlike
B. soul crush is negative on block and allows green lantern to get some space in. If she's in trait and using pillars then of course she's not walking back and he's not getting in.
C. DON'T YOU EVER DARE QUESTION @AK Glass_Sword ABOUT HIS CHOICES WITH RAVEN!

Fred Marvel

superman is easily 5-5
Supeman can backdash and full combo punish b13, he zones out GL easily, can wake up out of every reset and setup, does way more Damage than GL and Corner = insta death but easily 5-5? ok
and b1 doesnt outrange nerfed f2 lol

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

A. B/c her back walk is godlike
B. soul crush is negative on block and allows green lantern to get some space in. If she's in trait and using pillars then of course she's not walking back and he's not getting in.
C. DON'T YOU EVER DARE QUESTION @AK Glass_Sword ABOUT HIS CHOICES WITH RAVEN!
ive seen his raven i can question it as much as i want :p
GL should never get in on Raven if he does you probably fucked up

Fred Marvel

LOL you act like playing online is gonna prove anything. Come out to FR and ill gladly play you :)
well you can at least see whether or not someone is garbage online lol
and flying across the country just to prove im not trash is a bit much id sooner go to wnf and play 3+ consecutive supermen

well you can at least see whether or not someone is garbage online lol
and flying across the country just to prove im not trash is a bit much id sooner go to wnf and play 3+ consecutive supermen
lol then by that logic a lot of players with shitty connections that win are good then, but it is what it is. That is your own opinion and more power to you for thinking that. Since you are on the west coast, the connection between us will not be good. Played someone from SoCal today....no bueno...at all. I was out of line for saying you are garbage, i apologize. It is 4:30am and im not exactly polite when im up this late lol

Fred Marvel

lol then by that logic a lot of players with shitty connections that win are good then, but it is what it is. That is your own opinion and more power to you for thinking that. Since you are on the west coast, the connection between us will not be good. Played someone from SoCal today....no bueno...at all. I was out of line for saying you are garbage, i apologize. It is 4:30am and im not exactly polite when im up this late lol
lag matches get thrown out they mean nothing hell ive lost to some of the worst players ever because of it but to think every online match is that laggy is just silly ive played people in the midwest alot and had good connection so idk how much region has to do. i guess online shows but doesnt prove, and no worries idk why youre even still awake lol

lag matches get thrown out they mean nothing hell ive lost to some of the worst players ever because of it but to think every online match is that laggy is just silly ive played people in the midwest alot and had good connection so idk how much region has to do. i guess online shows but doesnt prove, and no worries idk why youre even still awake lol
FR pools, titanfall, other stuff haha

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
People still don't realize b1's active frames = spaced out, it jails still, I see. That's one of the reasons why the backdashing of b13 won't be a thing. Like, ever.

Fred Marvel

People still don't realize b1's active frames = spaced out, it jails still, I see. That's one of the reasons why the backdashing of b13 won't be a thing. Like, ever.
so from closer ranges it cant be backdashed? idontgetit