What's new

Question What Buffs should Green Lantern get?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
So you don't want him to be number 1 but have no difficult MUs? His forward dash would be fine with a slight buff on recovery but that's it.
i didnt say no difficult ones but Manhunter Zod Raven etc are just awful im totally fine with dealing with Supermanesue matchups that suck but dont require a ton of extra work
walk speed is the key in his bad mus. So is reaction blocking. Lantern can make a raven cry with the vortex.
how? when theres so much pushback his walkspeed hardly matters and she can wake up....
Being mid-tier does not qualify a character for buffs.
pls ;___;
Honestly, if his dashes recoveries were decreased, he would be too good.
if his backdash was buffed too much he would be

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
i forgot to add MMH that shit is unwinnable id say decisive 8-2 but you can check oh tele
zod is as bad as Raven and Sinestro
I play against the best zod, 2nd best raven, 2nd-3rd best sinestro, and a DAMN fine MMH.
6-4 zod (5-5 if he didnt have so much chip damage)
6-4 mmh (can whiff punish pretty easily)
6-4 raven (hard to get in, but you start at the ideal range. Get in and vortex her for her health bar. No good wakeups.)
6-4 sinestro, poss 7-3 (get in and armor through his wake ups)
7-3 zatanna( if u fight one, go max damage, no oki. but so few even play her)

AK XEN0M0RPH

honestly, bane is scarier than most of the other match ups.
the other match ups its hard to get in.
Bane makes it so you cant get UP

Fred Marvel

I play against the best zod, 2nd best raven, 2nd-3rd best sinestro, and a DAMN fine MMH.
6-4 zod (5-5 if he didnt have so much chip damage)
6-4 mmh (can whiff punish pretty easily)
6-4 raven (hard to get in, but you start at the ideal range. Get in and vortex her for her health bar. No good wakeups.)
6-4 sinestro, poss 7-3 (get in and armor through his wake ups)
7-3 zatanna( if u fight one, go max damage, no oki. but so few even play her)
those mu numbers are all wrong,
against a good raven you wont get in and if you do youve taken a ridiculous amount of chip and get hit once youre back at full screen
you think mmh is 6-4.... i dont have words for that
its dumb easy for Zod to activate trait against GL then you have to hold back and GL holding back is never good, good luck getting in on him
you doing well in those matchups doesnt make them any less horrible

honestly, bane is scarier than most of the other match ups.
the other match ups its hard to get in.
Bane makes it so you cant get UP
tbh i think Bane might be a bad MU too but between his 7+ other bad matchups i lost count

AK XEN0M0RPH

against a good raven you wont get in and if you do youve taken a ridiculous amount of chip and get hit once youre back at full screen
its dumb easy for Zod to activate trait against GL then you have to hold back and GL holding back is never good, good luck getting in on him

tbh i think Bane might be a bad MU too but between his 7+ other bad matchups i lost count
You dont give GL enough credit.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This character is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be. Stop playing him in an environment where you can't move for shit and can't play him in a reactionary manner.

He is fine as is.

Fred Marvel

You dont give GL enough credit.
and you give him far too much
This character is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be. Stop playing him in an environment where you can't move for shit and can't play him in a reactionary manner.

He is fine as is.
he's a solid mid tier character but in high level competition he isnt much use....well if youre good and manage to avoid his bad matchups you can do great

THTB

and you give him far too much

he's a solid mid tier character but in high level competition he isnt much use....well if youre good and manage to avoid his bad matchups you can do great
In high level competition he is FINE. His 2 hardest matchups are uncommon as shit, and his less harder ones still barely qualify as common.

Fred Marvel

In high level competition he is FINE. His 2 hardest matchups are uncommon as shit, and his less harder ones still barely qualify as common.
well more MMH's and Zod's will come since we all know theyre 2 of the best in the game
all his 7-3's arent common but those arent his only problematic matchups Superman isnt a walk in the park among others

THTB

well more MMH's and Zod's will come since we all know theyre 2 of the best in the game
all his 7-3's arent common but those arent his only problematic matchups Superman isnt a walk in the park among others
Both of those characters are specialty characters. They may rise a little bit, but not like everyone is expecting. And because it's not like MK9 where there aren't extra mechanics to actually help you.

Glass Sword

Nobody

I vouch for Xenomorph I have played him and Orochi and Greenlantern's forward walk speed is faster than Raven's backwalk you can get in.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I vouch for Xenomorph I have played him and Orochi and Greenlantern's forward walk speed is faster than Raven's backwalk you can get in.
The fact that he says a fast walkspeed is useless in this game pretty much shows why he thinks the character is so bad.

A fast walkspeed is one of the BEST things you can have in this game, it allows you to actually play footsies and whiff punish. This is why so many GLs think raven is unwinnable, they just try and dash in.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The fact that he says a fast walkspeed is useless in this game pretty much shows why he thinks the character is so bad.

A fast walkspeed is one of the BEST things you can have in this game, it allows you to actually play footsies and whiff punish. This is why so many GLs think raven is unwinnable, they just try and dash in.
ony time u can dash is after a blocked soul crush. every other time is a gamble

Hades

Noob
This guy is down playing green lantern way to much. Like xenomorph is saying use your walk speed to get in, yeah it's not ideal but xenomorphs match up numbers are about right and realistically green lantern has tough match ups but none unwinnable. I don't think lantern needs any buffs and he's fine where he is now plus gls only really bad match up zatanna is so rare to play against